Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The three Labour MPs that I have seen saying they will support May’s deal (Smeeth, Mann,and another unknown) all have connection with Labour Friends of Israel,

I am sure that is just a coincidence.

Old boy Skinner from Bolsover usually votes with the Tories - is it him ?

Just watched an old BBC drama series on Amazon about the diplomatic build up to WW1. Not remotely comparable to Brexit in terms of immediate consequences, but there are a few parallels. The extreme positions getting more stringent, the moderates hoping they can muddle their way through and reach a happy compromise. And the breakdown of the international order and treaties intended to keep the peace.  37 Days, recommended. 3 episodes.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

That sounds right up my street cheers for the tip

Bit surprised I hadn't heard of it, right up mine too. Top cast. Had to pay £4 for the SD version though.

Edited by welshbairn

44 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Jim Fitzpatrick, Labour MP for a Remain-voting London constituency made a toe-curling speech in the Commons late last week.

That was the other one I was thinking of.

2 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Caroline Flint is voting for the government's deal I think. The pro Brexit Labour MPs are all voting against the deal in the same way the ERM are.

So another LFoI supporter.  That would be four from four.

These c***s should be deselected.  Though Fitzpatrick won’t be standing again.

Edited by Granny Danger

48 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Nope, just buys few more months for second referendum. We ain't leaving period. It's a glorious outcome but somewhat undemocratic. Ah well, let's move on...

It will only be granted if the U.K. Parliament agrees to ask for it.  I cannot see how a majority decision by MPs can be classed as undemocratic.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
Just now, zidane said:

Nope, just buys few more months for second referendum. We ain't leaving period. It's a glorious outcome but somewhat undemocratic. Ah well, let's move on...

Civil unrest? Pitchforks and lynchmobs?

9 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
11 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:
Civil unrest? Pitchforks and lynchmobs?

I'm glad you think this is funny. Your glorious blighty is looking foolish

As usual you see things that aren't there. Where in that sentence is there humour? It is a question directed at you in regards to your previous comments to civil unrest.

Theresa May’s claims that it is essential to respect the result of the referendum looking very ropey after it emerges she opposed the establishment of the Welsh Assembly even after the people of Wales had voted to establish it.