which junior team do you hate the most and why?

hardest ned in glasgow

I doubt anyone on this thread genuinely means "hate" in the true sense of the word. If a team isn't hated by someone else in Junior circles they're definitely not doing it right. 

Junior football would be terribly dull without rivalries and grudge matches so a bit of healthy animosity should be encouraged wherever possible. The full grade is based on small local leagues with teams knocking lumps out of rivals from 3 miles down the road and grudges festering from fixture to fixture and year to year. It sounds horrible but it's what fuels the whole affair. There's always enough mutual respect to keep things just about civil enough. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am the same with the rabs, think we have a mutual respect for each other, like to see pace an cumbernauld doing ok as well, if a was pushed a would say my least ( not hate) favourite team are clydebank.

The Rabs and Kilsyth Rangers traditionally was a big rivalry especially 1960s period. Big crowds, big success and big rivalry. Pace don't bother me but I like seeing Rossvale do not bad. Think it's maybe because they're our close neighbours while pace is Kilsyths

At least if you dislike us the most youre leaving someone else alone. I dont even know enough about Kilsyth to dislike, always a frosty welcome mind you.

No wonder your not very good at this junior lark, u don't bother about the team who are good enough to give u a temporary home as in yoker, u don't know anything about Kilsyth? As for a frosty reception, all teams are welcome at Kilsyth, there are some decent clydebank supporters but there let down by a minority of idiots who think there a cut above other teams because they were once a senior team, I attended as a neutral the rob roy v clydebank q/final of the central league cup, an 4 guys along from me verbally abused wullie sawyers from the first whistle, horrible it was, no class whatsoever,and one of your so called stewards told 3 of our older supporters in the passing, and I quote " f**k up ya stupid c***s, that was never a foul " these are things that happened.
I don't want to tar all bankies supporters with the same brush, but there is a bad element in there ranks, an why other clubs dislike them too.

No wonder your not very good at this junior lark, u don't bother about the team who are good enough to give u a temporary home as in yoker, u don't know anything about Kilsyth? As for a frosty reception, all teams are welcome at Kilsyth, there are some decent clydebank supporters but there let down by a minority of idiots who think there a cut above other teams because they were once a senior team, I attended as a neutral the rob roy v clydebank q/final of the central league cup, an 4 guys along from me verbally abused wullie sawyers from the first whistle, horrible it was, no class whatsoever,and one of your so called stewards told 3 of our older supporters in the passing, and I quote " f**k up ya stupid c***s, that was never a foul " in the 1-1 league game, these are things that happened.
I don't want to tar all bankies supporters with the same brush, but there is a bad element in there ranks, an why other clubs dislike them too.

Got past hating anyone frankly-we have had plenty of big rivals over the years and that's what it's all about.But I'm not going to end up spewing abuse or challenging someone to a fight over it.Every side has its idiots who follow them and some perhaps more than others but most fans love their team,can shout them on and support them during the game(although the Lok "fans" who pick upon certain players like McKenzie or McAleenan every week no matter how well they play and never give them a chance make the blood boil) and then have a few drinks with supporters of both sides afterwards whatever the result.Thats what senior football has never and will never achieve.

U r entitled to your options about most of points I made, we'll agree to disagree on most, I never said I hated the bankies, I don't hate any club, I said If I had to pick a team I disliked the most it was clydebank.
And I can assure u the incident with the steward is a fact, me an the two other guys I go to games with were standing behind the 3 older supporters involved, they wanted a bankies player yellow carded for what they though was a bad challenge, an the steward walked past an told tn hem to f**k up, we all heard him, we all told him to do one an he proceeded to go up an stand behind the far goals, av saw the guy before at games, I can assure it happened, a could even point the guy out,so don't doubt my word it happened.

It must really grate on you that you dont even bother us eh? It shows with that embarrassment of a manager getting sent off on saturday squaring up to fans etc as you won your world cup final. I dont even give Yoker a second thought so i cant say i hate them, insignificant club to me. I'd love to go senior again yes, I grew up watching Clydebank as a senior club, thats what I want for the club. Im glad the sjfa gave us a place to watch our team again. Theres no junior club i hate, i think theres certain things about some clubs that some of us dont like but thats normal.

The club you support now has never been a senior club.

5 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Am the same with the rabs, think we have a mutual respect for each other, like to see pace an cumbernauld doing ok as well, if a was pushed a would say my least ( not hate) favourite team are clydebank.

Capitol  P in Pace

I need to think along the lines of how I would feel if I was a bankies fan in terms of being an age of seeing them playing senior for a long time and now junior , think I would be happy to have a club playing junior rather than no club at all but at the same time would probably still crave the really good senior days before the last painful years before the club were lost to football.

Think our grade would be frustrating in terms of lack of fixtures being handed out in advance , lack of midweek floodlit games taking place and the other failings that our level have. 

It must really grate on you that you dont even bother us eh? It shows with that embarrassment of a manager getting sent off on saturday squaring up to fans etc as you won your world cup final. I dont even give Yoker a second thought so i cant say i hate them, insignificant club to me. I'd love to go senior again yes, I grew up watching Clydebank as a senior club, thats what I want for the club. Im glad the sjfa gave us a place to watch our team again. Theres no junior club i hate, i think theres certain things about some clubs that some of us dont like but thats normal.

I think a lot of your support do think you are superior to the juniors.

The quote "as you won your World Cup final" reminds me when we beat you in the 1/4 finals of the league cup... Sure you were all jumping for joy when you went 1-0 up but as soon as we came back the mood changed to "who even cares about this cup" or as some of your supporters said "awk aye you's have won the World Cup".

Of course some would like to see you's go senior again but for the time being you's are a junior team, playing in the junior competitions and for that matter you aren't even in the premier division.

I can't understand your logic in this,mate. You say in your previous posting that you go to watch junior football,which you don't like :blink:,just so that you can see your club? Why? For a number of years now,Clydebank ARE a junior team....& a decent one at that! I love to watch ALL football,& attended senior matches until a couple of seasons ago;when I returned to the juniors to watch my beloved Buffs (Aye,sad,I know). You don't get the same sense of 'belonging' & 'close involvement' as well as value for money with the seniors;like you do with junior football,imo. If you "don't particularly enjoy it", then why bother? The days of Clydebank being a senior club are long gone! 

Why are they "long gone"? Can no Junior team have ambitions to step up into senior football?

I think a lot of your support do think you are superior to the juniors.

The quote "as you won your World Cup final" reminds me when we beat you in the 1/4 finals of the league cup... Sure you were all jumping for joy when you went 1-0 up but as soon as we came back the mood changed to "who even cares about this cup" or as some of your supporters said "awk aye you's have won the World Cup".

Of course some would like to see you's go senior again but for the time being you's are a junior team, playing in the junior competitions and for that matter you aren't even in the premier division.

I may be wrong, but I suspect Clydebank are the only team in (West of Scotland?) junior football who used to play in the senior leagues. Fans who grew up watching the late great Davie Cooper, Jim Fallon, Jim Gallagher, Ken Eadie and others play for the Bankies against the best of Scottish opposition. Many of Clydebank's current fan base come from that era. If some of them hanker for a return to those days leagues they can be forgiven. And who is to say that those days are forever gone, particularly as there is now a pyramid structure into the SPFL. That is no slight to junior football which has been, and is, a welcome home for Clydebank. I'd hope too Clydebank have been good for junior football - if not least for having one of its most sizeable away supports.

11 hours ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

I may be wrong, but I suspect Clydebank are the only team in (West of Scotland?) junior football who used to play in the senior leagues. Fans who grew up watching the late great Davie Cooper, Jim Fallon, Jim Gallagher, Ken Eadie and others play for the Bankies against the best of Scottish opposition. Many of Clydebank's current fan base come from that era. If some of them hanker for a return to those days leagues they can be forgiven. And who is to say that those days are forever gone, particularly as there is now a pyramid structure into the SPFL. That is no slight to junior football which has been, and is, a welcome home for Clydebank. I'd hope too Clydebank have been good for junior football - if not least for having one of its most sizeable away supports.

Arthurlie have played in the senior league, many moons ago.

Pretty sure we beat Celtic in the Scottish.

11 hours ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Archived