which junior team do you hate the most and why?

hardest ned in glasgow

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The truth is that I intend to write some sort of publication tracking the 25 years since the club's centenary, which will be in 2021 (Glencairn are currently 120 years old). Glencairn 125 will be the title, and the events of June and July 2010 will have a chapter all of its own. :thumsup2

I "hope" to buy a copy!

What attempts have been made?

Wasn't involved myself but the the following info was put on our fans forum. The problem corner at the bottom of the ground was sub soiled( if that's the correct term) then a mixture of sand and soil was put down to fill the grooves. Then the pitch was evened, rolled and seeded.

Fascinating, huh?

Wasn't involved myself but the the following info was put on our fans forum. The problem corner at the bottom of the ground was sub soiled( if that's the correct term) then a mixture of sand and soil was put down to fill the grooves. Then the pitch was evened, rolled and seeded.

Fascinating, huh?

It's been done a few times hasn't it? I remember a fair bit of work being done about 3 seasons ago, possibly prior to their first season in the Premier.

Having a poor pitch disadvantages Hurlford more than anyone else so it would be unfathomable for them to have done nothing to it, especially when the rest of the ground has been upgraded.

1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:

Aye, but when does anyone let the facts or logic get in the way of a good negative story about the diddy upstarts of the west premier.

Look mate, if you want facts and well informed opinions then don't read my posts. 

dont start please. Basically the management team went to the peasies took most of the players and others very close to start of the seaon

After Management team denied at Rutherglen Glencairn AGM that they were thinking of moving on, when asked if they had been approached by another club.

After Management team denied at Rutherglen Glencairn AGM that they were thinking of moving on, when asked if they had been approached by another club.

And they never were approached by us, they applied for the job off their own backs.

Then surely the management team should be a figure of hate not the club very low of them to do that and rightly so vent your anger towards them better without them in long run tbh

3 minutes ago, Cairn1902 said:

I am sure Glensmad will write a comprehensive account of the AGM and its consequences for Rutherglen Glencairn in his proposed book.

See in glensmad's new book will the pair that are yellow card and Lang on here butt in on every chapter with glensmad biting back non stop ? :huh: 

Sounds like a great read if so .................... ;) 

See in glensmad's new book will the pair that are yellow card and Lang on here butt in on every chapter with glensmad biting back non stop ? :huh: 

Sounds like a great read if so .................... [emoji6] 

Lol, it'll be refreshing to write something without their unrequested input.

~ cue their responses ~

In my heart of hearts I can honestly say after a lifetime following Cambuslang  Rangers through thick & thin that I don't hate any other junior club. 

This even includes our local rivals Rutherglen. It's obviously great to turn them over in the sectional league cup as they've been playing in divisions above us for a while now , so its usually the only time we lock horns & getting one over on them is pleasing , but I've never felt hatred for them. My brother even played for them in the early '70's & I'd go watch him if we weren't playing. 

Also I've had quite a few enjoyable drinking sessions with some of their fans who I went to school with (long time ago) over the years. 

6 hours ago, glensmad said:

Lol, it'll be refreshing to write something without their unrequested input.

~ cue their responses ~

Will there be a chapter about the non-alphabetisation of the league tables on the SJFA website? 

I'm buying a copy if there is. 

Archived