St. Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian, 17/09/2016

I like the guy who is spewing about the lack of replays of the goal because there's a conspiracy to stop them showing it was offside and that Hearts were shafted. Apart from the fact he was clearly onside...

It's tremendous. It's also tremendous that it's John Souttar who's standing yards behind the defence, boy loves handing us a goal.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's tremendous. It's also tremendous that it's John Souttar who's standing yards behind the defence, boy loves handing us a goal.

Are you the no the boy who just complained about Sportscene having an anti-Saints agenda because they analysed both your bookings for diving, both of which they said weren't dives?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He had that one of the halfway line, where he was about two yards from the player running beside him, yet nothing happened. Then Walker launched himself over Foster and managed to get Foster booked.

Yet again though, Sportscene decide its only our incidents that deserve highlighted. I'm still bitter as f**k over them spending a full two minutes showing some grainy close up footage that showed nothing, yet they all claimed it was "proof" Frazer Wright threw an elbow out (and he got banned for it, somehow), while utterly ignoring the time Wanyama grabbed Wright by the throat. They also randomly showed McFadden giving a GIRUY to hamilton fans, while utterly ignoring Imrie doing the same thing in the same game, and again, McFadden got a ban.

There was also a late foul by Croft v Ross County, which should have been a booking but was missed by the ref.  It was a pretty irrelevant moment and I can't remember anyone really making any fuss about it until sportscene analysed it to death and got him suspended.

And the Brian Graham dive as well which has already been mentioned.

These were all within a few months of each other.

I'd have just taken both cards on the chin and moved on. Thought Cummins in particular made a meal of the Rherras challenge and Kane was looking for a foul with his one, although do think the booking there was harsh. I don't think referees should be afraid to book players for diving but it will edge towards that if clubs are going to appeal anything where there's contact.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

I'd have just taken both cards on the chin and moved on. Thought Cummins in particular made a meal of the Rherras challenge and Kane was looking for a foul with his one, although do think the booking there was harsh. I don't think referees should be afraid to book players for diving but it will edge towards that if clubs are going to appeal anything where there's contact.

Contact by the opponent isn't enough to avoid a yellow card....which makes the whole thing so difficult for refs in real time. But I agree that constant appeals may put refs off...unless they accept it as part of the game and not an affront to their real time judgement.

On 19/09/2016 at 15:51, Radford said:

I'd have just taken both cards on the chin and moved on. Thought Cummins in particular made a meal of the Rherras challenge and Kane was looking for a foul with his one, although do think the booking there was harsh.

Yeah exactly. They were both looking for the foul – just because there's contact doesn't excuse that. The TV may have made Tommy feel better about it, but not to the extent you plead innocence.

Archived