Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic 17/09/16

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

There was a group of fans, however, which got carried away with their criticism (I'm guessing because of how much they hate Duffy as Morton manager). The time to go chants, with that level of fervour, were premature. Sarcastically cheering Oliver being subbed wasn't necessary at all (despite how frustrating his performance was). If they weren't intending on winding up the players, management, etc., then they were going about things the wrong way. 

Was it even this group that caused the major flashpoint? When Tam went mental it was towards people who were closest to the exit, nearest the dugout.

Were the group you are referring to not still behind the goal doing the TTG chant at that point?

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Which is no less than Higginbotham, Cardle, McMullan or El Alagui offered in their time on the park.

Singling out one player doesn't make much sense - your whole attack is crap as a unit, changing the individuals isn't going to make much difference. On the evidence of yesterday the problem is Johnston failing to get any kind of structure in your attacking play rather than being solely the fault of underperforming players, for all that some of them are undeniably playing badly.

Three of those players came off the bench and most of them have made a bigger impact this season than Reilly.

christ punting  a manager after 6 games please say this is a joke. Keep the head folks

I'd imagine soom of the more zoomy zoomers will be calling for his head now.

After 5 defeats in a row questions do have to start being asked though, if we lose to St Mirren and Ayr as well I think most will be thinking it's time for the chop.

aye maybe not been on .nut in ages but I'd imagine the zoomers on there will be in tears.

St Mirren, club with a similar budget and the same aspirations as us have just sacked their manager. St Mirren have the same points as us btw.

Now do you feel more or less confident for next week?

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

St Mirren have less of a budget than us, they were outbid on McAusland.

If we lose next week questions need to be asked about why we are not getting value for money. We need to stay in this league.

Do they? What is their budget and what is ours?

Also plenty of questions are being asked of the team already

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Do they? What is their budget and what is ours?

This was admitted to by one of their management team who was on the 'on the ball' show. They were outbid and he surmised that we have a bigger budget. I would bet we have a bigger budget than a few sides in this league. Certainly Ayr, Morton, Dumbarton and one or two others.

Just look at our bench on sat, as good as any apart from Hibs.

41 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

This was admitted to by one of their management team who was on the 'on the ball' show. They were outbid and he surmised that we have a bigger budget. I would bet we have a bigger budget than a few sides in this league. Certainly Ayr, Morton, Dumbarton and one or two others.

Just look at our bench on sat, as good as any apart from Hibs.

IMG_5110.JPG

Morton were pretty poor, but we ground out that result.  I get the feeling that if we kept the ball on the ground, we'd do a lot better.  Saturday was a game of head tennis for most of the match.  Maybe when Tidser returns from yet another injury we'll be a bit more creative at low level.  We are a bit weak in attack though and we desperately need a replacement for Denny Johnstone.

Dunfermline were not a lot worse than us but they seemed to be taller on average (even if you ignored Richards-Everton) and as a result the hoofed balls just got headed back at us.  It really is a low standard of football at this level.  I was surprised that Gavin Reilly was so anonymous - he was excellent when he was at QoS.

Archived