25th September, Rangers visit Aberdeen

Just now, hellbhoy said:

Any luck they may finish as the second Rangers FC to financially asphyxiate itself into liquidation. :)

I have less doubt that that will happen. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

I have less doubt that that will happen. 

Five more games in and they are stilling dropping down the division closer to the relegation play off spot than the top six then there will be panic galore, meltdowns aplenty and then the demonstrations and boycotts etc etc. Revenue streams dwindling, ST's being returned and threats of not renewing their ST's until dodgy eyed Dave gets that £50 million oot or else should just about tip this incarnation over the edge Stoney. :lol:

12 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Just as a side note GARNER? whit the actual fcuk is this guy all about? probably the worst cheating, diving, feigning injury, deliberately backing into players and shot by a sniper in row double Z I have seen in years. Just another cheating hothead wearing the Blue from Ibrox, he should have been sent off for kicking out, it was a blatant boot at an opposition player after he caused the foul in the first place. I really don't see him improving at Rangers and can see him getting worse because he came with a reputation for diving and trying to act the hardman down south.

Now breathe....

Well done to the Dons. I thought Rangers were the better team and that it was never a foul which led to the winner but it's irrelevant now. (Fantastic goal though)

The first Dons goal was an embarrassment. But it got worse! because the exact same hoofball made it through the defence at least another two times. :)

We'll probably still finish 2nd but a distant 2nd. Not really a success. Just my opinion.

When did this take place? I was in section S so was probably one of the last out the ground but never saw any of this.

Maybe 45 minutes to an hour after full time at the junction of King Street and Seaforth Road. I was speaking to some mates after the game who were in another part of the ground so was slow in leaving. One creature giving the finger here:

IMG_1474923050.269958.jpg.6fe59b6ee37096

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

As usual folk going over the top about Rangers.

They're not very good in relation to previous sides we've faced but they will be top 4 and in the mix for 2nd. Anyone who thinks different is getting a bit hysterical

They've shown nothing to suggest that. And unless Warburton decides to stop with the attempted tippy tappy bullshit then it's going to continue that way. And given that he was actually happy with the toothless display that we seen at the weekend, I don't think that'll happen any time soon.

That was a pretty shite Aberdeen performance and Rangers still barely looked like scoring. Had a goal handed to them and then missed a sitter but offered nothing else against what was a poor side. I'm not sure what's hysterical about that.

26 minutes ago, d31 said:

Was first time had the chance to see Tavernier up close. Was surprised how poor a defender he is given all the quoting of £1M moves etc.

Dons looked tired a lot throughout combination of tough start to the season and having to play Thursday night?

59% possession and Joe Lewis didnt break sweat tells a story - worrying for both rangers and the dons too

Aberdeen are starting to look like an 'ok' start to the season if we can win at killie and get everyone fit after the international break

There was a hilarious post on some Rangers forum early last season valuing Tavernier at £7 million (from memory). Zelalem, who my Rangers supporting friend thought was fucking useless, was valued at £14 million.

6 hours ago, R.Mutt said:

No way that was the game plan.

Think the occasion was too much for some of our players - not helping that pockets of the crowd were on their backs from the kick off.

However we've mastered the art of grinding out results under Mcinnes. We have real quality in our ranks and surprised we've managed to hold onto them this long.

What do you think the game plan was? 

8 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Final word to the away fans, who were vile from start to finish. The amount of missiles that flew over the fence in the 12th minute was beyond a joke. At least two chairs, numerous coins, food and drink. Not a word mentioned about that or the widespread sectarian songs in the media.

Two arrests so far, one guy from Aberdeen for having a pyrotechnic device and one Glaswegian for 'offensive behaviour'.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14765520.Two_arrested_and_investigation_launched_after_Aberdeen_vs_Rangers_game/

Seems like the police are looking to round up a few more as well:

"For those who have committed offences and were not detected at the time I can assure you that you will face the consequences of your actions.

"Retrospective enquiries are being carried out and we have a dedicated team working in partnership with both clubs to identify those people in the stadium and outwith who let not only themselves down but their clubs too."

No real condemnation out there in the media of the chair throwing or sectarianism, but hopefully Police Scotland won't turn a blind eye to anyone guilty of disorder and bigotry even if the likes of Sportsound are generally willing to do so.  Laughable as well that Rangers have put out the usual outraged statement about the vandalism of their team bus (which for the record was unacceptable as well) but haven't said a word to condemn their own fans vandalising Pittodrie and throwing missiles at the home support.  

7 hours ago, R.Mutt said:

No way that was the game plan.

Think the occasion was too much for some of our players - not helping that pockets of the crowd were on their backs from the kick off.

However we've mastered the art of grinding out results under Mcinnes. We have real quality in our ranks and surprised we've managed to hold onto them this long.

Do Aberdeen fans honestly think it's acceptable with the players you have to be masters at "grinding out results"?(I'd actually say that's push as well. 

If you had a half decent manager that was the slightest bit positive you'd be miles ahead of the rest in Scotland bar Celtic. 

7 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I think they'll finish in the bottom 6 mainly because their squad is thin and with quite a few players who are older - the pace will start to tell on them and they won't be able to keep up even the reasonable performances they have had in some of these games. I don't think they have the money to update the squad in January to mitigate that.

They also don't seem to be able/have options for changing their style and teams will find it even easier against them as they learn how to play them or get less scared of their reputation and play the team on the pitch.

I may of course be completely wrong  :(

Totally disagree that their squad is thin and the older ones pace will fall. 

I agree they don't have the money to strengthen the squad in January in fact I think they will sell more than they sign. 

I kinda agree and disagree...... They do have options to change their style however Warburton may not do so. 

I agree if the they don't change it will be easier for teams to play against them. 

I don't think you are completely wrong! 

Archived