25th September, Rangers visit Aberdeen

Anyone watch any of the Burnley-Watford or Cagliaria-v-Sampdoria or Alaves-v-Granada games on telly last night?

The referees were giving free kicks that weren't and not giving free kicks that were  all over the place.

You'd think they were only human or something.

And the studio pundits fucking ignored them all afterwards as well!!! WTAF??

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RiG said:

According to The Sun, 100 seats were damaged and Aberdeen have been left with a £5,000 repair bill.

Rangers have said they are "unaware" of any damage.

:lol:

They should show The Rangers officials the damage before they're allowed to leave the stadium.  Maybe rub their noses in it like you would a puppy.

And before any Rangers fans go into deny mode and claim this was Aberdeen fans themselves breaking seats and throwing them look at this picture and you can plainly see the yellow seats like the ones thrown were from the away section of the ground.

Image result for pittodrie broken seats

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I think Aberdeen will be making them aware of it very soon :lol:

Seat manufacturers in Scotland must love Celtic and Rangers, they have kept them in business for years.

I thought the clubs routinely dealt with  vandal damage issues as routine after every game.

Cretins Cost Clubs

1 minute ago, jim999 said:

Was it not the case when old Rangers were on the go that a cheque was sent to Aberdeen pretty often to cover seat damage?
Don't suppose they'd care back then as it wasn't their dough.

I'm pretty sure the old lot had a reciprocal agreement in place with Celtic that the home side would cover the inevitable damage in the away end following fixtures against each, as there was pretty much always a good bit of damage done. Not sure if that is still the case. Is it usually similar when Aberdeen go to Ibrox? Would it have made sense for a similar agreement?

1 hour ago, CityDave said:

And before any Rangers fans go into deny mode and claim this was Aberdeen fans themselves breaking seats and throwing them look at this picture and you can plainly see the yellow seats like the ones thrown were from the away section of the ground.

Image result for pittodrie broken seats

Already seen a few 'looks like it comes from their own support' comments some rangers fans :lol:

I'm pretty sure the old lot had a reciprocal agreement in place with Celtic that the home side would cover the inevitable damage in the away end following fixtures against each, as there was pretty much always a good bit of damage done. Not sure if that is still the case. Is it usually similar when Aberdeen go to Ibrox? Would it have made sense for a similar agreement?

It's probably the best way to sort it. You broke it so you pay. Everyone moves on. If the bobbies had the desire to nick the offenders then the clubs could go after them for the cash, why not? It wasn't Rangers who bust the seats, just a moronic follower.
I couldn't tell you though if there was any damage at Ibrox as I stopped going years ago to Glasgow for games against rangers and Celtic as I couldn't be arsed with the hassle.
It's a pretty cowardly act though. It would be a surprise if cctv can't show the culprits?
As for the carving stuff on the bus can you imagine just how much of an idiot that person would look if caught? Be in every paper in the land. Mum would be so proud.
If the twats could be publicly shamed it'd soon stop.

18 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I'll be honest - it looks as if that seat comes from behind the camera.

It looked like it cleared the fence only just out of shot and given that it was yellow it couldn't have been thrown from anywhere else but the away end.

I've never been for a game at Pittodrie but based on the picture above it looks like there are yellow seats in the home section of that stand?

I'm pretty sure it would've came from the Sevco end of course but the video isn't conclusive.

3 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I've never been for a game at Pittodrie but based on the picture above it looks like there are yellow seats in the home section of that stand?

I'm pretty sure it would've came from the Sevco end of course but the video isn't conclusive.

That would be some throw if an Aberdeen fan from the other side of the South Stand could manage what you are suggesting here.

5 minutes ago, CityDave said:

That would be some throw if an Aberdeen fan from the other side of the South Stand could manage what you are suggesting here.

This is a more recent photo.  The fence closest to the camera marks the current division between the home and away sections.  The second fence has been removed as we used to give the Old Firm more seats but now all clubs get the same away section.  There is a very sizeable distance between the yellow seats in the home end and the fence.  Also worth noting that the yellow seats in the away section are increasingly turning red over time as when they are broken they aren't replaced with yellow ones.

pittodrie-090213-62.jpg

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I think Aberdeen will be making them aware of it very soon :lol:

Seat manufacturers in Scotland must love the governing bodies, they have kept them in business for years.

Amended, when you think of the white elephants built over the years to meet required seatig capacities............

Archived