Morton v Aberdeen

Yes. It's supposed to be a neutral fixture and yet it's held in one team's backyard. It would be like picking Banchory for a neutral fixture between the two clubs which I'm sure Morton fans would quite rightly be up in arms about. Of the four problems with the fixture (Time, size of stadium and distance from Aberdeen) this is by far the least important issue, but it's worth making that the location is hardly neutral.

f**k me I'd hate to see you go on about the most important issue if this is how you go on about the least important one.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. It's supposed to be a neutral fixture and yet it's held in one team's backyard. It would be like picking Banchory for a neutral fixture between the two clubs which I'm sure Morton fans would quite rightly be up in arms about. Of the four problems with the fixture (Time, size of stadium and distance from Aberdeen) this is by far the least important issue, but it's worth making that the location is hardly neutral.

It's 26 miles from my house and about a 45-60 minute drive traffic dependant. Hardly backyard. Have you recently discovered drugs? As you appear to have a fried brain

f**k me I'd hate to see you go on about the most important issue if this is how you go on about the least important one.

That's the kick-off time. Which is a terrible way to treat fans, not for the first time. Perfect example of television being put ahead of what is best for supporters.

Apart from anything else Hampden is a terrible stadium. It works for Scotland games but is terrible when half filled for games like this one. There are so many compelling reasons to have this at Easter Road.

19 days to go till the game. Really looking forward to it. Bookies have us at 10/1 for the win and Aberdeen 1/5. As long as we give a good account of ourselves and don't roll over I'll be satisfied. Will we be selling tickets for the North stand first? I'm wanting to sit there and really don't fancy sitting across the other side away from the majority of our support.

I've read the club statement, gone through this thread, and thought about the choice of stadium and kick off time.

My conclusion is,

Day out in Glasgow to watch the Dons in a Semi Final they have a great chance of winning? Fucking YAAASSS!!

I've read the club statement, gone through this thread, and thought about the choice of stadium and kick off time.

My conclusion is,

Day out in Glasgow to watch the Dons in a Semi Final they have a great chance of winning? Fucking YAAASSS!!

Refreshing attitude

My conclusion is,

I'm struggling to think of anything but the Queen of the South game to be honest. I can't remember ever walking out of Hampden with a Dons scarf on feeling happy. Five times I think I've seen Aberdeen there and five times I've left feeling miserable.

That Queen of the South game must be the worst I've ever felt after a football match and I'm just way too worried about that happening again to get excited by this. Whilst I'm glad we've drawn the weakest team in the competition it will make it so much worse should we lose it.

Watching Aberdeen away from home, or indeed at Pittodrie in a half empty Stadium or less is nothing new. In fact its most games. I watched them destroy Killie in front of 4k on Saturday and struggle against The Rangers at a packed Pittodrie. 

If Aberdeen can't perform at Hampden, that is our problem no one else's. If Morton beat us, it wont be the stadium's fault.

And anyhoo, we're going to win, Rocky, win. 

It's supporting labour that's done that m8, no the Dons, chin up.

I think it's no coincidence that the only time I've seen us lift a cup it wasn't at Hampden. There was a while when I thought I would never see us concede less than 4 at Hampden, until Hibs changed that by only putting two past us.

I think it's no coincidence that the only time I've seen us lift a cup it wasn't at Hampden. There was a while when I thought I would never see us concede less than 4 at Hampden, until Hibs changed that by only putting two past us.

Have you ever thought maybe it's you that's the problem?

I think you're forgetting that we're actually quite good now. Calderwood consistently f*cked up in the cups and Brown was a boring old dinosaur who didn't believe in playing wingers. McInnes knows what we have to do and we don't have a team full of shitebags like we did under previous managers. We've lost just once against lower league opposition under McInnes (against Hibs) and, no disrespect to Morton, I would be very, very surprised if that wasn't still the case by 3pm on 22nd October.

Its clear that Morton has a big latent fanbase and these games are all about the daytrippers coming along for a jolly. Rinse them for their cash and play it at Hampden, its fine. 9/10 times we'll beat these guys, just got to hope the players make sure they do it. Will be interesting how Quitongo does against a higher standard of opposition, see if the hype is justified. Has he played/how did he do against Hibs? 

Archived