Morton v Aberdeen

Easy enough for the dons, playing in second gear tbh. Against a team playing out there skins. Morton had all the huff and puff, and Duffy got his tactics spot on, but not much quality really. The boy should of scored after Reynolds mistake. As for the Dons, the finishing was awful, but got there in the end, that is all that matters...

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just out of interest, if you weren't watching Sutton, how did you know you were saying things 5 minutes before he did?

Because I'm assuming Sutton was speaking after the game, and I stopped watching before the final whistle.

I never had the sound on during the game, as I watched it on my laptop with the Spurs game on the TV, so didn't know who the commentators were.

Can't really complain with the result. Congratulations Aberdeen.

Thought Duffy got his tactics spot on, even playing oyenuga for the diagonal out-ball despite his lack of ability.

Proud of all the players. Every single one of them played close to the maximum of their ability which is all you can ask for.

Will need to watch it again but I thought Jamie Lindsay put in one of the best performances I've ever seen from a morton player. He was absolutely everywhere and showed quality on the ball as well.

Jamie Lindsay has been one of our best signings in years. He's absolutely everywhere in every game he plays. We're a much much better team when he's on the park.

As for the game, great effort from the team can't really ask for much more. Aberdeen are just a side with much more quality and when they eventually got their chance they took it. If Quitongo scores at the end of the first half it's a different game. Cracking wee day out and time to get pished.

Can't complain really, it was a pattern we've seen in games between teams from different levels countless times. Team from a lower division sets up to frustrate the opposition, that plan pretty much works other than a few half chances from set-pieces. The lower league team grow in confidence and create chances of their own on their break but don't take them, then just as they start to look like doing something they're finally broken down at set-piece, with the better team comfortably seeing the game out from then on.

Easy to say it could have been different if we'd buried that chance in the first half, but Aberdeen deserved the win.

Started reading the match comments buy RandomGuy talking shite put me off.

Quitongo was excellent but faded towards the end. 

Gunning was excellent but looked like he wasn't fully over his injury tbh.

If Quitongo had scored with his chance right before half time I think we would've gone on to win it. That's the sort of chances you need to take at that level.

Disappointing to hear their goal was offside as I thought we had just started to come into it a lot more at that point. 

2nd goal Gunning could barely walk never mind run,  and I'm not convinced McNeill couldn't have done more. 

Quitongo not physical enough :lol: 

Proud of our boys today, if we were more clinical in front of goal it could've been a totally different game, we were in control in the second half up until Rooneys goal. Lindsay and Murdoch were fantastic for us. 

All the best to the Dons in the final. 

Gutted not to go through, proud of our cup run though and for the most part we gave Aberdeen an alright game. Fans were fantastic too, good turnout.

Quitongo played well and caused Aberdeen's defence a lot of trouble, but unfortunately his finishing wasn't quite up to the mark. Thought Oyenuga had a very poor game, though, and should've come off a lot earlier. He looked shattered early into the second half and wasn't offering much.

Thought it might be a bit of a thrashing after the first couple of minutes with all those Aberdeen corners but we managed to settle into the game to our credit, and created some decent chances and matched them. Sadly faded towards the end...the first goal essentially killed any momentum we had, and Aberdeen grew stronger after that.

Onto the Scottish Cup now...no reason why we can't look to go for another excellent run considering how we've often caused upsets and got to the latter stages over the past couple of years.

4 hours ago, Romeo said:

Utterly terrible game. No atmosphere, stadium half empty.

What a great advert for the game.

And tommorows bigotfest will be a great advert for our game.

even by the low standards set by victim fans you are one special kind of tube.

Delighted to be in another final.

We came flying out of the traps and should've been ahead early on, yet Quitongo should have buried that chance later in the half.

Morton had a bit of belief in the second half but the opener killed it for them I felt, and the second ended the tie. I was impressed by them though and would expect them to do well in the Championship.

Lots of comments about the crowd and level of performance today but we were there to book a place in the final and thats what we have done.

No real preference for who we get in the final, I'm just happy to see us there.

Result about correct in the end. Well done Aberdeen in making the final. Proud of morton today. We had a spell in second half that we had to score.

Good to see mcinnes appuld the morton fans after the game.

Yes, lots of respect to DM for applauding the Morton fans, you don't see many opposition managers taking the time to do that....touch of class

Archived