BT Sport / Chris Sutton

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Proof please?

My proof is in my previous posts. I always try and give a true balanced view using the knowledge I have gained from my own experiences, other professionals and coaching courses. From pros that played 30/40 years ago they say tactics were not seen as important as they are now. Managers now play a major part in the team's success or failures. All I'll say is I still go and help guys who want to learn but may not have the time or money to go on courses which imo are far too expensive for the ordinary guy to pay. I have lots of time and praise for the guys who use valuable family time and receive no money to take youth/amateur teams etc. 

My proof is in my previous posts. I always try and give a true balanced view using the knowledge I have gained from my own experiences, other professionals and coaching courses. From pros that played 30/40 years ago they say tactics were not seen as important as they are now. Managers now play a major part in the team's success or failures. All I'll say is I still go and help guys who want to learn but may not have the time or money to go on courses which imo are far too expensive for the ordinary guy to pay. I have lots of time and praise for the guys who use valuable family time and receive no money to take youth/amateur teams etc. 

^^^^

Kevin Kyle

10 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Very much this , they are paid very good money to provide insightful comments , it's hardly Suttons fault that he appears to be more capable and intelligent than the rest of them 

Sutton is a breath of fresh air. Lets be honest we are served badly when it comes down to it on these phone-ins anyone who asks a decent question on anything to do with The Rangers is given the big E then we have a brief conversation amongst the pundits on how he got through the vetting. Looking at it it comes across as having more of a blue hue than it needs SKY is no better at times.  We are consistently served this daily now we have someone who has an opinion and tells it as he sees it. Some don't like it SO WHAT we are fed up with the same old menu and being served Mince every day.  

7 minutes ago, Myview said:

Sorry. you kinda whooshed yerself there. :lol: That was a sarky dig at Bennett the "Proof please?" post. :lol:

It wasn't directed at you at all.

If you have genuinely made pro post match analysis reports and no offence here but you must be fucking shite at it. It's only the Rangers fans who like them because you appear to be Rangers biased from your posting content. Now if you came across as Celtic minded then the orc horde would deffo be ripping you a new one.

So!, do you support The Rangers?

And God help those you give your free time too if your posting style & content is anything to go by. :whistle

So he ignored a totally obvious question about Celtic winning the league when they were playing in a one horse league and pointed out, correctly, that Celtic are shite in the Champions League?

What part was he wrong about?

He is still a Celtic fanboy as much as possible the same as the fat Dundonian is a Rangers fanboy, just that you cuntos are deluded because of the constant media fawning over how the OF are the biggest/greatest/whateverest.

Sutton is a dick but fair play he toasted that fat p***k, hopefully just the start for the rest of the exOF pundits.

He was asked a question about us winning the league, not about the CL.

He could've just answered it but instead chose it as an opportunity to criticise the club instead of giving credit for winning the league.

Can't be bothered reading back but I'm curious as to how actually being in the Champions League, and therefore one of the top 32 teams in Europe, makes you shite in the Champions league. 

Guess it depends what you use as a barometer. 

Chris Sutton is clearly making an effort to be controversial but I think he's an interesting contributor. Ex players are especially prone to the bland, say-nothing route of punditry but you also have to look at the reaction from players when a pundit has an opinion that goes against the grain - a lot of them have a hissy fit. It's not just Sutton, there were mass offence takings against Michael Stewart previously.

A lot of people in Scottish football, fans, players and manager, need to put their big boy pants on and grow tf up.

I get it that you're insecure/low self esteem etc but I really can't be fcuked with your nonsense, it's worse than the QCs pish.

Imagine getting so riled up on a message board that you come out with that shite. Calm down, Bennett. You take this place far too seriously.

Chris Sutton is trying to make a name for himself, it may be a front or he is genuinely is controversial and believes in what he says. I think that he may be trying to build a reputation like Bob Willis does with cricket where players try to avoid bad performances to avoid criticism. If Rangers fans bombard BT with complaints about Sutton they will ignore them, they will no doubt believe the more controversial he is the more viewers they get to tune to hear if he spouts off.

It's interesting that the coverage of Scottish football on BT is good and seen as fair because their coverage of the English game is totally the opposite. I was watching the NCAA American Football last night and there were trailers for an upcoming game - shots of Pogba, Rooney, Rashford, de Gea and Mourinho with their names and squad numbers (a smiley face for Mourinho) and a voice over asking if Man Utd can get back where they belong (not where they think they belong) before the line Man Utd v Stoke, next Saturday from 11.30. You'd think Stoke were just there to make up the numbers. 

The guy is clearly trying to hard to be controversial.  Everything he say's is either negative or completely disrespectful to fellow professionals.  BT Sports coverage is excellent however.   

Archived