BT Sport / Chris Sutton

Even moreso when the manager in question is one of those touted as a potential successor.

It's a courtesy to support the guy currently in the chair.  A manager is no more likely to be overtly critical than is a player in the squad.

He is NOT a potential successor. Take it back.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RiG said:

Shout out to Chris Sutton and his team of the week specifically his pick of Kris Boyd who, erm, didn't even play :lol:

Oh dear! I think if you do a wee bit of research you'll find that he scored the winning goal.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Oh dear! I think if you do a wee bit of research you'll find that he scored the winning goal.

Sorry, should have made it clear that it was Scott Boyd of course, and not Kris Boyd.

Just now, kingjoey said:

Sorry, should have made it clear that it was Scott Boyd of course, and not Kris Boyd.

Yeah, Scott Boyd the centre half.

He's clearly just completely skimmed the scorelines and decided it must have been Kris Boyd who scored the winner, which for some reason qualifies him for Team of the Week. Same with Addison, who spent all game getting turned and heading balls the wrong way.

19 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm fully aware Scott Boyd scored the winner but as far as I know he tends not to play up front as he is a defender.

Oops again! I unreservedly apologise for my lack of Killie knowledge!

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Oops again! I unreservedly apologise for my lack of Killie knowledge!

Yeah, its not as if Boyd has over 100 games at this level or anything

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Shout out to Chris Sutton and his team of the week specifically his pick of Kris Boyd who, erm, didn't even play :lol:

A consummate professional like Christopher would've conducted thorough research.

As far as I can see:

Warburton didn't go bankrupt 3 years ago.

Chris is now 'The Chris' and a new entity.

He has none of the history of old Chris and can't claim to be the same player.

As such I welcome this new commentator with no playing career.

He gets absolutely zero 'bonus points' back. He's paid to give his opinion on football in this country and talks it up when in actual fact he hasn't a fucking clue what's going on. 

How can you even say that he's not got a clue what's going on? Off the back of the 1 mistake in his TOTW?

What qualifies Chris Sutton as a commentator of OUR game?

He played for a snippet of his career in our leagues.

His management record is appalling.

He is controversial though, I'll give him that.

He's like a poor man's Roy Keane...in football career, management career and as a pundit.

Except Roy Keane never went bankrupt.

A mistake would be mis-spelling a name. A mistake isn't naming a player in your team of the week (a team where you pick the best performing players in their position) when 1. You picked him as his name was on the scoresheet and 2. You picked him when he wasn't even on the park.

So what is it then? Granted it's lazy and poor in comparison to the other stuff he's produced but how does this one thing suddenly mean that he knows nothing about our game? He's been consistently good for a while now with not only his knowledge but his enthusiasm too, same goes for the rest of the BT team. From Derek Rae to Darrell Currie.

Archived