BT Sport / Chris Sutton

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Enjoyed 'Warbs' response to Sutton aswell, said how he wasn't going to get into any pettiness before calling him a would be pundit and that he only values opinions of people he has respect for :lol:

This season so far suggests that Mark Warburton handles outspoken media trolls about as well as Edward Scissorhands doing crochet. On one point on tuesday night the rangers fans started chanting 'Chris Sutton you're a w****r.' It's incredible to draw that much heat without kicking a ball or having any role in rangers being so shit this season. Matter of time before they do a 'boycott' over general BT Sport  anti Rangers bias even though they have probably shown Rangers more than any football team on earth over the last 4 years. Fair play for him to still have the balls to go to Ibrox despite a good number of them wanting to kick his head in. 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnstone presented himself as an easy target throughout and it wasn't hard for Sutton - or anybody with the guts to do it - to dismantle him: he picked the interview well. It's the radio equivalent of Davie the thick bigot being inevitably hounded off every thread on this forum.

I'm another convert to Sutton. Couldn't stand him as he was as boring and wooden as his Soccer AM appearance when he first started but he's come a long way. He still obviously puts the contrary stuff on at times but it's outweighed by the rest. He certainly knows more about non-Old Firm teams and players than the BBC/Sky cronies added together. 

BT's Scottish coverage is great. I was expecting the same old same old before I watched it but have been impressed, like others, at the build up and analysis of the games not involving the Old Firm, treating them all equally and virtually no superfluous bigot brothers mentions every 5 minutes. I've even taken to Darell Currie who initially looks and sounds like he should be a Rangers man but having seen him a few times now I couldn't tell even if he is. I think it speaks volumes that Currie, the excellent Derek Rae and even Sutton work on more than just Scottish football, Sutton doing BBC stuff too. That says a lot about their abilities. The difference in quality with BT using professionals whilst the others use mainly Old Firm sycophantic jakies is blatantly obvious.

Johnstone presented himself as an easy target throughout and it wasn't hard for Sutton - or anybody with the guts to do it - to dismantle him: he picked the interview well. It's the radio equivalent of Davie the thick bigot being inevitably hounded off every thread on this forum.

I'm sorry, did you take a wrong turn and find yourself in the Premiership part of the forum. Off you f**k...ta-ta.

Tom English tweet... "Big DJ got Suttoned I believe. Unseemly but very, very entertaining."

Another one of the good guys.

This is the same Tom English who refused to criticise Rangers for posing with pictures on the pitch with a Loyalist Flute band before the Linfield game right? Not only that but who went on to defend them and made the band out to be some cross community band :lol:

I'm sorry, did you take a wrong turn and find yourself in the Premiership part of the forum. Off you f**k...ta-ta.

Of course this isn't just a discussion for Premiership fans but for all fans of Scottish Football, this forums just the most relevant place for it.

Some interesting points on this thread. I'll admit to sharing the same sentiments as many others before me - I found Chris Sutton to be insufferable when he first started appearing on BT Sport, particularly as a co-commentator during Celtic's awful European campaign last season, but he comes across pretty well these days and he's entertaining. I can understand why people would dislike him but that's probably more to do with the way he makes his points rather than the points themselves. They're generally insightful and well argued.

It's about time someone in the media called out Derek Johnstone for what he is and Sutton got it bang on. Johnstone is a glad-handing yes man and happy enough to tow the party line at Ibrox so's not to upset anyone or have his VIP seat taken from him, regardless of how dire the situation is (Ally McCoist's awful management and the shocking stewardship of Craig Whyte and Charles Green, for instance). There is, sadly, still a place for guys like DJ in Scotland's media - there's elements of the Rangers support who will want to read nice things about their club from someone they respect, and Johnstone fills that role with his Evening Times column - but I do wish Radio Clyde would wise up to the fact he isn't taken seriously by anyone outwith the dimmest recesses of Rangers' fanbase and think about pensioning him off, for the credibility of their coverage more than anything else.

BT Sport is becoming a good watch and there's a genuine chemistry with guys like Stephen Craigen and Michael Stewart (and credit must go to Darrell Currie's steady anchoring of the show). It's now can't miss - you don't dare switch the channel immediately after the game's over in case something wild happens post match. I don't think this kind of punditry is all that revolutionary, though - all you need to do is to look back at some of Eamon Dunphy's highlights on RTE from the last 10 years to see some real incendiary comment and analysis. I feel like we're just catching up.

As for the brer earlier in the thread who claimed that Adrian Durham was a decent pundit, have a word with yourself! Adrian Durham is a shock jock in truest sense. All he does is come away with awful, obnoxious claims, mostly without context or fact, with the sole aim of riling up the thick and the ignorant to phone up his show and make money for talkSPORT. You'd have to be a little slow to get reeled in by him or, worse, believe he's entertaining. For shame!

Says the chump who has posted at least ten times about an Aberdeen v Morton cup semi-final in the last 24 hours.

Back in your box then.

1474671505609.thumb.jpg.0d6ea57492b74571

pollok-bear

404 posts

Posted 4 hours ago

Sutton needs a crack right to his jaw the fucking cheeky b*****d. He needs a right good fucking beating thats whats wrong with him. He needs taught a lesson. If he acted the way he does oot in the streets he would get his baws booted. Cant stand this guy and it aint cause ge used to play for them its because he is a complete and utter c**t of a man. 

6 people like this

'ra peepul :lol:

He's a great heel. I didn't like him to start with (and his appearances on the MOTD series of programmes are usually disastrous) but his bluntness is TV gold.  And the trolling of Derek "Dee Jay" Johnstone in the audio clip is some outstanding work.

Of course this isn't just a discussion for Premiership fans but for all fans of Scottish Football, this forums just the most relevant place for it.

Oh I know that mate....just dishing out a bit of their own medicine to them. The whole site is an open forum. Would do well for them to remember this.

Oh I know that mate....just dishing out a bit of their own medicine to them. The whole site is an open forum. Would do well for them to remember this.

You've dished out absolutely nothing, chump. Just a tragic sadact being knocked from one humiliation to the next.

Unlucky.

I wasn't a fan of Sutton at all until this season. I think his punditry only works when he's someone to bounce off and that's why his commentary has been superb this season because he's always doing it with Craigan or Stewart. 

The fact everybody is talking about his punditry in Scottish football can only be a good thing. 

You've dished out absolutely nothing, chump. Just a tragic sadact being knocked from one humiliation to the next.

Unlucky.

The sad part is, you didn't even realise it. Going as far to point out I'd posted on the Morton v Aberdeen thread. Just shows your glaring stupidity that you couldn't put 2 + 2 together to see I was highlighting your sheer hypocrisy.

Oh & sad act is two separate words. Happy to be of assistance.

Archived