Hibs vs Dundee United

Good point. Wasn't a great performance. Team looked set up to contain and frustrate and hopefully Nick a goal so the plan sort of worked I suppose.

Van de veld is quality on the ball. Welcome to Scottish football though, stick him out wide and play long high balls to his head all day. What a tactic.

Surely Cammy Smith should be starting.

But the most obvious is upfront. Murray is so limited, can't seriously be going a season with him as the main forward?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

Really lucky to get a point today, could have been 3 to hibs at half time easily. Our shape is far far too narrow, hibs we're having most luck when they were getting balls out wide and stretching us. Thought we only looked any good when obadeyi and smith came on. Murray must never start again.
Positives would be that I thought edge was excellent and bar one moment of madness in the second half Durnan looked a lot more solid with someone remotely competent beside him. Thought Fraser was really good, if there was any decent outlet up front for him I think more people would see that

Fraser was good but little for him to play with. Smith improved this when he came on.

feel frasers decision making in the final third has to improve though.

23 is van de veld. He is a class player who was played well out of position.

Fair enough, he just seemed to stroll around the pitch not doing a lot first half. Couldn't believe the space Hibs were getting in the middle of the park first half. To be honest I am surprised the weren't trying to lob the keeper as he was always yards off his line and they had all the time on the world. Showed in the second half when Hibs were pressured in the middle that their game broke down a bit.

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Fair enough, he just seemed to stroll around the pitch not doing a lot first half. Couldn't believe the space Hibs were getting in the middle of the park first half. To be honest I am surprised the weren't trying to lob the keeper as he was always yards off his line and they had all the time on the world. Showed in the second half when Hibs were pressured in the middle that their game broke down a bit.

Played in Holland all his life, looks laid back so always gives the impression he's just strolling around. Has a lot of ability though. Can't believe he was stuck out left and they kept aiming high balls at him. Scottish football for you.

Nice to see the Falkirk fans taking time out of celebrating winning nothing last season to take notice of the Scottish cup winners results.

Don't be upset pal, we've to deal with your shitey patter on match threads every time we draw as well :--( xxx

Yup, HB75 going on about the Scottish Cup in response to anything going wrong for Hibs this season is identical to the dafties in our support who gave it the "aye but 5-1" patter for a good year or two afterwards to all and any adversity. :lol:

Yup, HB75 going on about the Scottish Cup in response to anything going wrong for Hibs this season is identical to the dafties in our support who gave it the "aye but 5-1" patter for a good year or two afterwards to all and any adversity. :lol:

It's really not though. I'm not identical in any way to any of the morons that follow your club.

Guest Back Post Misses
Nice to see the Falkirk fans taking time out of celebrating winning nothing last season to take notice of the Scottish cup winners results.

If I am not mistaken you have more posts than anyone on the St.Mirren v Falkirk thread.

10 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

It's really not though. I'm not identical in any way to any of the morons that follow your club.

Absolutely delusional. :lol:

11 hours ago, Elixir said:

Oh yeah? Well uh... we umm... you uhh... We won the Scottish Cup! Yeah, get that right round ye

Archived