Hibs vs Dundee United

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Takes three years, John.

I gave you a greenie there in error. I meant to click on "Quote". 

DUFC certainly looked like an established Championship side - or maybe even worse.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was a unexpected point gained.  Got to be happy with that.

plenty still to improve on but we need to build confidence, and this result along with last weeks will go some way to do that. 

Now if we could just sign a striker, we may be able to start the engine of the United promotion juggernaut 

We were utterly awful in the first half, which was no surprise to me when I saw the starting 11. Flood, Murdoch, Obadeyi, Smith and Robson would improve it no end.

Fraser must have run with his head down into a group of Hibs players about 6 times.

How is McGinn in the Scotland squad btw? I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's clearly decent but every time I watch Hibs I come away thinking McGeouch is a better player. 

Never an international standard player at this stage.

Just now, Elixir said:

If Hibs don't win that league this season. :lol:

Even finally slithering through the play-offs wouldn't spare the shame.

Oh yeah, we'd be so ashamed of going up through the play-offs that we'd nobly refuse to swap our place with a shitey side like Hamilton. We need to turn this around after the international break, but I still think we'll win the league quite comfortably.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

How is McGinn in the Scotland squad btw? I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's clearly decent but every time I watch Hibs I come away thinking McGeouch is a better player. 

Never an international standard player at this stage.

McGinn's best spell came in the winter of last season, he's been playing off the back of that ever since. McGeouch is definitely a better player, but he can barely keep himself fit to get a run of games going. If he did, he'd be at a much better club than us.

Oh, and McGinn had one of his worst games in a Hibs shirt today.

Good point away from home. Never saw that coming! Thought the defence coped well for the most part, Durnan fell asleep for the goal and one or two dodgy moments but it seems like playing a right back at right back ( and not in the middle ) in VDS seems to work! Looking more settled now. 

Midfeilders were all a bit meh and they were all over the place but I thought Fraser looked decent in the 2nd half. Lol @ MOM tho.

Toshney going off seemed to help us going forward by giving the rest a bit more space, Telfer being invisible too helped. Combined with Obi wan Ketope coming on we had a better out ball.

VDV was poor, along with Andreu and Spittal (shock) and let's not talk about Murray......New striker please. 

Flood / Murdoch coming back should also be a boost for the cup.

Hibs the better of two middling sides in that match, wee bit more of  cutting edge than United given their quality up front.

Seriously left wishing United had a different option up front that isn't in the same mold as Murray.

Please please sign a decent striker in January and give us a shot at the play offs Ray.

12 minutes ago, LondonHibsFan said:

McGinn's best spell came in the winter of last season, he's been playing off the back of that ever since. McGeouch is definitely a better player, but he can barely keep himself fit to get a run of games going. If he did, he'd be at a much better club than us.

Oh, and McGinn had one of his worst games in a Hibs shirt today.

That's the worst I've seen McGinn for Hibs, albeit it's one of the only games I've seen properly this season so can't really say how he's been in the last couple of weeks. All he did was pass to United players or try and shield it, fall over and give the ball away. 

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

That's the worst I've seen McGinn for Hibs, albeit it's one of the only games I've seen properly this season so can't really say how he's been in the last couple of weeks. All he did was pass to United players or try and shield it, fall over and give the ball away. 

The McGinn shuffle (pictured) was a really useful aspect of his game last season. He's either been found out by other players, or he's using it way too much these days. Always just reminds me of a crab when he does it. Hopefully he gets his form back whilst on international duty.

_89217170_mcginn_falkirk_sns.jpg

Archived