14th Oct, The Gers visit Inverness

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Reluctantly have to admit it was a cracker of a goal.

But actually not surprising.  Miller has improved his game hugely over this past couple of seasons,

25 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

It would be nice to see him do it again against England.

I'm a Scotland fan.  I'd include both Kenny and P&B's favourite Ranger, Andy Halliday, in the next Scotland team.  Both have limitations but both will run through proverbial brick walls in a Scotland jersey.

We were tepid in Trnvav and both Miller and Halliday would ginger things up.

All too predictable. Vigurs starts, with Polworth allegedly wide, and we look slow and flat. Amazed that Foran persisted with that line-up after the insipid display against Hamilton. At least with Mulraney and/or Doran on the pitch from the start, we might have created  a few more chances for Doumbouya to miss. Only real positive was that Brad Mckay had a very good game at CB - he's looking like an excellent signing.

Miller took his goal beautifully, but the current Rangers look like a pretty average side. Unfortunately last night we looked a bit worse than that.

It feels strange to be so disappointed with a close defeat against Rangers. However i think it was clear to most before and after the game that Rangers are not the team that we appeared to think would show up and respected to much in the first half.

Credit where it's due the movement of their forward players was very good and i feel for that reason alone we needed Draper further back to disrupt the play and work hard rather than Vigurs and Tansey who simply didn't track the runners enough. Miller took his goal very well and still looked very sharp. 

Something that has been echoed by all ICT fans for a long while is the concern at Polworth playing wide/drifting inside often. I really feel we are at the point now where if he doesn't play centrally he shouldn't play whatsoever. I'd like to see us play with a solid 3 in the middle of Draper/Polworth & One of Tansey or Vigurs. Both are very capable players technically however simply don't have the work rate to protect the defense.

Would absolutely love to see us play with two natural wingers playing on the correct side rather than inverted wingers. Doran's deliveries down the right in the last 20 were very dangerous and if he's considered back to or near full fitness would like to see him start a game. Mulraney obviously possesses great pace and causes issues for the defense however is yet to show the final product. Fisher is a starter for me and would like to see him get a run in the team. 

Massively disappointed with ICT last night. Didn't think much of Rangers who, whilst dominating most of the first half, didn't look overly threatening for much of the game. That said, we offered so little in the final third that it's hard to say we really deserved more than what we got. Doumbouya, Fisher and Boden are all much of a muchness. I'd trade all three for one month of having Billy Mckay back at the club. The misses from Doumbouya and Fisher were awful and I thought the former had a poor game overall seldom winning the ball in the air and struggling to hold the ball up when it was played to him. Given the weakness in the centre of the Rangers defence I was disappointed we never tried to test that more.

We seemed to have more success stretching the Rangers defence when Doran and Mulraney came on and we played with proper wide players. As discussed above and at length in the previous ICT match threads I really don/t understand why Foran plays Polworth out on the flanks given his propensity to come infield and leave his defender exposed. We saw this last season when Horner got roasted against Dundee United and it still seems to happen now. He looked much more assured in the middle against Dundee when Mulraney started on the flank but then against Hamilton his influence on the game was significantly curtailed to accommodate the returning Vigurs who hasn't had a good game since the hat trick against the Pars in the League Cup. Hopefully next week we'll see Mulraney and Doran in the side as King was again poor despite a decent start.

Rangers looked decent in the first half, very slick passing and really quick when attacking. They seemed to have a lot of space to go at us especially in the middle of the pitch where Vigurs and Tansey were often absent.  Cracking strike by Miller. missed it at the time due to some fat Rangers fans being chucked out of the home end for starting on ICT fans - classic - but having seen the highlights it was a smashing hit. 

I thought Fon Williams did okay for most of the game. Cracking save to stop Rangers going two up and he didn't seem overly troubled in the second half. Tremarco and mckay had good games I thought and the aforementioned Doran looked lively when he came on and he seemed to kick start a wave of attacks for ICT in the second half. Just a shame his final pass or shot was the wrong decision almost every time! 

Cringing at the ICT fans who took along an Ireland flag tot he game to wind up the Rangers support. It seemed to work as one of the fans in the West 'Stand' tried to vault over the barriers and fight the fans with the flag. I guess they could say it was for Foran but the "Up the RA" chant was pathetic and quickly shouted down by other fans in the immediate vicinity which was good.

Excellent especially first half performance and deserved to go in 1-0. Overall deserved 3 points. Yes, two missed easy Caley headers that at the time would have changed the match but that's football. I'm not caring if it was a good save, Waghorn should have scored in the first half. McKay was better however I think he's off form. I been slated for it but I wouldn't be surprised if Waghorn is away in January if the offer is right. I like Dodoo and would like to make a more informed decision about him after a run of matches, especially to see if he is better out wide than thru the middle. Maybe both! 

Altho a couple of lack of concentrations. Overall thought Rangers defended better. Attacking the ball in the air and ground well and when need be, cleared their lines as well as making passes when given time. 

As usual the tippy tappy possession play around the half way line was impressive but in the final third we just aren't creating enough clear goalscoring opportunities. 

Rangers deserved to win the game but the failure to net a 2nd goal could have come back to haunt them as Caley had at least two sitters which they should have scored.

The way teams seem to be playing against us means we won't get many high scores but three points is three points.

It's not the "way teams seem to be playing" against you that stop you getting high scores. It's the lack of any type of quality in your team.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

It's not the "way teams seem to be playing" against you that stop you getting high scores. It's the lack of any type of quality in your team.

Indeed. ICT fans can hardly talk re quality but Rangers are fucking miles off it.

We lost but still move up to 7th :lol:

Still 4th best goalscorers in the league, 2nd worst but others are falling down to us there, same for goal difference. What I've seen so far there is a defined gap in quality between the current top 3 and the rest of us. The rest of us are poor and inconsistent with very little difference in quality. Saints and Rangers have a little bit of form just now to keep ahead of the pack. Quarter of the way through the league season.

Kilmarnock at home next, we have to take three points.

Thought we were toothless in the extreme. Doumbaya's chance should've been buried and we only really threatened when Mulreany and Doran came on to stretch Rangers.

Rangers are a possession team and with Vigurs being posted missing, other than to gove away some stupid fouls, we kind of surrendered the midfield. Draper pushing up gives us great attacking options but he might've been better deeper.

Polworth is a trier when he's out wide but I think dropping Vigurs and moving Polworth inside would be a good option.

Rangers looked good but we let them. Kenny Miller took his goal brilliantly. No matter what you think of the Old Firm you have to admire him.

12 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

We're team who have a poor defence yet teams sit in and don't pressurise our weakest area.

12 hours ago, bennett said:

The way teams seem to be playing against us means we won't get many high scores but three points is three points.

Indeed, with the 2nd highest budget and resources available you should be steamrolling everybody bar Celtic. However Warburton has been signing the standard of player that would not be out of place at Motherwell or St. Johnstone, your club just happens to be overpaying them for the privilege of playing for the fake club. Rangers deserve to be where they are placed in the league, beating 4 bottom six clubs and losing to heavily to Celtic and losing to Aberdeen while playing your best football of the season says a lot where your team are just now in progress. Obviously the penny hasn't dropped with some. :lol:

Good to see the fans getting restless over not winning enough and not scoring barrel loads of goals every game, which is pretty much what we expect from Rangers fans since most of you lot are clueless about other clubs and their players and have delusions of grandeur/ sense of entitlement.

Archived