Heart of Midlothian v Dundee, 15/10/2016

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we have already sold more tickets than our ground holds, and have done most league games for the last year or so, due to people notifying the club that they can't use their season tickets for the game and so the club resells them. 

So you're 30 seats from a sell out but you've sold more seats for this game than your stadium holds?

What kind of outlandish, crowdwank, theory is that?

Not more than the ground holds necessarily. There are 300 seats lost to segregation. If more that 300 ST holders release their seat the club has sold more than the capacity on the stadium.

Counting season ticket holders who don't actually go is a complete minter

There's worse than thay

I once turned up for a game at half time and passed someone walking out

Hearts will have counted us both as having attended and the official attendance will be at leading one higher than it was at any point during the match.

Luckily there was an alleged assault on Neil Lennon that evening which distracted attention from Hearts shameful number fiddling.

Wonga!
Counting the fithy cash because our fans are smart enough to let their seats be resold.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fucking hilarious how many fans don't realise that nearly every club does this, including their own. :lol:

At shan wee outfits like St. Johnstone and even smaller ones like Dundee, there's always so many empty seats for anyone to pick up on any discrepancies.

16 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

2crulv7.png

We must be deliberately refusing to sell tickets to paying punters just to say we sell-out. At least, that's what many of the wee diddy club fans seem to be trying to get at recently.

Fucking hilarious how many fans don't realise that nearly every club does this, including their own. :lol:

At shan wee outfits like St. Johnstone and even smaller ones like Dundee, there's always so many empty seats for anyone to pick up on any discrepancies.

"smaller clubs like Dundee"

ooft.

Fucking hilarious how many fans don't realise that nearly every club does this, including their own.[emoji38]

We don't. Ours is counted by every turn of the turnstile.

That's probably because we're not utterly desperate to pretend we're some massive club.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's probably because we're not utterly desperate to pretend we're some massive club.

I don't know who's pretending, we are some massive club.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have St Johnstone officially stated this or are you just assuming? Giving the attendance by tickets sold is clearly not the true attendance, however, it does give a better indication of the money being raised through ticketing. It's the money raised that enables a club to be 'bigger' so I really don't understand why you think it's some shady way of appearing like a bigger club. It's actually a more honest way of indicating our income from home games. 

Anyway, I think Hearts will really miss Sam Nicholson today (and the next 2 months) as he has that spark to create a winner in tight matches. So I can't see Hearts scoring more than one today - here's hoping that's enough for three points.

I'm not saying it's a shady way of running a club. I'm saying it's a tragic way to do things simply so sad acts in your support can walk themselves delirious about "sell outs"

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not saying it's a shady way of running a club. I'm saying it's a tragic way to do things simply so sad acts in your support can walk themselves delirious about "sell outs"

So can you link to official confirmation from your club that you lot don't do exactly the same thing?

Watching this on Hearts tv, coverage was excellent last time. Beautiful HD to watch Rory Loy slot home and the seethe that commenced.

Hopefully we get similar scenes as last time, but I'm not optimistic. 

Thankfully I had a great view of that goal from the stand :D did you pay to watch it? Might give it a go. Won't be hard to better deetv.

Archived