Celtic vs Motherwell. 15/10/16

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

Why are there always Rangers fans posting on Celtic threads.

You'd need to ask Rangers fans about that.

Saying that none have posted on this thread as yet.

30 minutes ago, Wren Road said:

Celtic -3 is 19/10 and -4 is 9/2. Going by the motherwell fans in here this seems pretty good odds

Our last 2 results there are 6-0 and 5-0 losses

1 hour ago, Wren Road said:

Celtic -3 is 19/10 and -4 is 9/2. Going by the motherwell fans in here this seems pretty good odds

Having me a bit of that.

We'd be as well asking for a forfeit on this game right now and take the 0-3 defeat, saving everyone the time effort and money of going to Parkhead...and it would help our goal difference into the bargain.

This Celtic team under Rodgers are on a different level altogether, we could go there and play really well and still get 3 or 4 taken off us quite easily.

So I'm not too concerned about the result here really, avoiding another pumping would be nice. Would be fairly happy for McGhee to give some game time to those needing it like Kennedy, Lucas and Blyth. Wouldn't rush Cadden back for it either, far rather have him fully fit for the double header against the Highland teams at Fir Park at the end of the month than risk him here. 

This Celtic team under Rodgers are on a different level altogether, we could go there and play really well and still get 3 or 4 taken off us quite easily.

So I'm not too concerned about the result here really, avoiding another pumping would be nice. Would be fairly happy for McGhee to give some game time to those needing it like Kennedy, Lucas and Blyth. Wouldn't rush Cadden back for it either, far rather have him fully fit for the double header against the Highland teams at Fir Park at the end of the month than risk him here. 

Agree with this. One of the biggest problems we had in the league cup game was that we kept giving the ball back to Celtic really cheaply. Heneghan in particular looked utterly terrified.

Lucas might not go box to box but I could see him being someone who might be able to make short 10 yard passes and at least try to keep hold of the ball. I wouldn't be against giving Ainsworth a start in place of Cadden and giving him the extra week to get over his injury.

There's not a chance this will be anything other than an absolute shoeing though.

Archived