Falkirk v Raith

Well that was bloody awful to say the least. Raith were simple but very effective in their play and they simply looked like they wanted the 3 points a lot more. The big boy at the back was a rock and Stewart's pace caused problems all afternoon. 

Can't think of many of our players to get pass marks tbh. Baird and Sibbs? The three subs never really put a foot wrong. Gasparotto and Cracks were the worst for me with Hippo a close third. It might have been a slightly different afternoon if Kerr and McHugh never missed the first half sitters. Kerr's especially was easier to score.

The ref also had an absolute shocker for both sides. Clueless.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was fuckin hideous!!

Only Kerr (glaring miss aside) and Sibbald were any good today, the rest were generally pish although McCracken and Gasparotto were absolutely awful. McCracken in particular was dreadful, it was as if the presence of Grant on the bench had unsettled him. He should be dropped after that but Grant surely doesn't have enough match fitness yet to come back in?

Raith fully deserved the win but I'm afraid we were the manufacturers of our own downfall with the comedy defending.

And step forward Mr Barry Cook. Another incompetent official to add to the list!

A fairly entertaining game, but by God we were victims of our own mistakes. Capitalised on, & punished by a well organised, well drilled side who were fast on the break, getting plenty of bodies up in support quickly.

Raith were the best side I've seen to visit the Bairnabeu, this season, & deserved their win.

Major talking points were Kerr's miss, the booking/bye kick/foul debacle & a couple of late, stick on, penalty claims. But if we'd managed to scrape a draw from that, it would have been an injustice.

Thank heaven Grant looks close to a return.

That was fuckin hideous!!

Only Kerr (glaring miss aside) and Sibbald were any good today, the rest were generally pish although McCracken and Gasparotto were absolutely awful. McCracken in particular was dreadful, it was as if the presence of Grant on the bench had unsettled him. He should be dropped after that but Grant surely doesn't have enough match fitness yet to come back in?

Raith fully deserved the win but I'm afraid we were the manufacturers of our own downfall with the comedy defending.

And step forward Mr Barry Cook. Another incompetent official to add to the list!

Are you having a fuckin laugh. Kerr was at fault for at least two of their goals. He was red rotten today and overcooked passes left right and centre.

One thing though, he never shirked and demanded the ball all the time.

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I think the booking was for the foul that he played advantage for just before that, that was a bad challenge and Sibbald did well to stay up.

He was fouling him all the way in. It was either a bye kick/no booking, or a booking & foul/pen. There was precious little advantage.

1 minute ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Are you having a fuckin laugh. Kerr was at fault for at least two of their goals. He was red rotten today and overcooked passes left right and centre.

One thing though, he never shirked and demanded the ball all the time.

I didn't say he was brilliant, I said he was one of two to be any good, simply because, as you say, he demanded the ball and tried to make things happen. It was certainly one of his poorer games which shows you just how good I thought the rest were.

On reflection this may have been a bit unfair on the subs as all 3 were 'no bad'.

2 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Taiwo should have been moved into the middle when Craigen came on. Kerr should have been off.

Don't agree, I thought Taiwo was murder and would have created very little IMO.

Ooooft.  That was fucking dreadful, although I feel it's been coming for a while.  The only starting outfield player that comes out of that with any credit is Sibbald, who had a great game.  Everyone else until Miller came on was utter horseshit.  Kerr, Taiwo, Hippo, McCracken, McHugh...just garbage.  

6 goals and not a decent one in there, all were defensive calamities.  Raith won't have an easier game all year.   Thought your big no 5 was an absolute rock, never missed a ball...although high balls into Baird is a completely baffling option to go with.

We lost the game on our own, it wasn't due to him but that fucking referee.  Had he ever seen a football match before?  Didn't play a single advantage, everything was a foul (in both directions) and the decision to book Benedictus when he wrestled Sibbald to the ground but not give a free kick??? I mean, what the actual f**k?  Houston was right to be arguing.

M'Voto was good but he gave you the first goal and should have given you a second if you could finish worth a f**k.

That was a tremendous game to take in with both sides being totally inept at the back. Raith dominated at set pieces and the basic errors that Gasperotto and McCracken were hilarious. When Falkirk got a goal back you felt like they could still get something but they just killed all momentum.

Bobby Barr was outstanding absolutely roasting Watson with his play being responsible for the corner leading to first goal and the second. Hopefully he isn't too badly injured.

Falkirk were so poor with Baird and Sibbald being the only players that stood out positively. Hippolyte seemed reluctant to attack the byline and McHugh is only ever good in April. There is a lot of talk about Kerrs sitter but Lee Miller missed one from about 2 yards out which was about as bad really.

Being surrounded by seething Falkirk fans was just lovely and Peter Houston getting sent to the stand was the cherry on top of the cake. I've still never seen the team in the end I've sat in win a game at the Falkirk stadium. You're welcome Raith fans.

1 minute ago, Crawford Baptie said:

He would have been there to do the job that Kerr wasn't doing and that was breaking up play.

We needed to be on the front foot at that point though with some creativity in the middle. I don't think Tawio's fully fit either, he often seems to be blowing out of his arse late on.

Bobby Barr is superb at this level. Anyone know why he ended up playing league 1 for so long? We should've signed him after he ran us ragged for Livingston. Pass marks for Sibbs and Baird, potentially Leahy as well but I will need to see the Raith goals again.

55 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Where do we get our referees from that guy didn't have a clue what he was doing. He sends Housty to the stand for asking him to get on with the game absolute joke. Luckily he didn't affect the result, Cracks saw to that emoji4.png

I rather think it was for Houston deciding it was OK to manhandle the referee.

Bobby Barr is superb at this level. Anyone know why he ended up playing league 1 for so long? We should've signed him after he ran us ragged for Livingston. Pass marks for Sibbs and Baird, potentially Leahy as well but I will need to see the Raith goals again.

Think it was down to attitude which Ray McKinnon sorted.

Brilliant result for us. Don't know what to make of our team. Just when you think we're brutal, we go away to a stadium we struggle at against a team we've not beaten in ages and score 4. The counter attacks by Barr and Stewart against the likes of McCracken and the out of position Watson was excellent. Bene and Davo did brilliant.

Didn't expect that result so really I'm delighted!

Archived