Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

On 08/06/2023 at 14:07, Venti said:

Managed to get the Master Sword.

Kept wiping on those gloom hand thingys underneath the Deku.

My method:

Hide contents

Teleport to the starting area & ascend up top. Build a wing, fan & battery & ride it to the dragon.

Plus you'll need 2 stamina wheels

Spoiler

I just went to the starting sky island and dived/glided down to the dragon.

30 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:
  Hide contents

I just went to the starting sky island and dived/glided down to the dragon.

Also got Hylian shield early on by pilfering Hyrule castle. 2 claymores & Royal Guard's bows. Think it resets every blood moon.

4 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I've done all the temples in TOTK and could now straight-line it to the final boss but I'm having a smashing time doing all the wee side-quests. I'm about 100 hours into it as well. 

I'm keen not to rush to the end as well.

Doing the koroks will be a grind, but i've found that you can use auto-build to levitate them, so they're easier to get across rivers.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I feel rather sheepish that I've only just realized that....

Hide contents

the lightroots are all directly below shrines on the surface. 

Ha ha I was exactly the same.

Spoiler

Had been exploring the Depths for ages. Was flicking between the maps and had a light bulb (or root) moment. Certainly makes finding the lightroots and shrines a whole lot easier when you realise.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Reveal hidden contents

No shame. There's stuff in BOTW I see folk discover that I had no idea existed and I stuck about 200 hours into that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2023 at 05:15, KnightswoodBear said:

Hide contents

And the lightroot names are the corresponding shrines backwards.

On tears of the kingdom, I have only just noticed that if a skyisland has an over flowing waterfall, the waterfall extends when it's raining making it easier to ascend with the right equipment... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/08/2023 at 21:16, 54_and_counting said:

Nintendo really do know how to make absolutely fantastic looking mario games, over how many years, has there ever been a mario game you've thought "it looks dated" etc

Even looking back, I’d say the majority of them hold up quite well. Obviously times moved on, but something like Super Mario World still looks and plays pretty well.

I was playing some SNES games on Switch, and Donkey Kong Country, which I thought looked amazing at the time, has really aged poorly in comparison. 

11 hours ago, Internet Citizen said:

Even looking back, I’d say the majority of them hold up quite well. Obviously times moved on, but something like Super Mario World still looks and plays pretty well.

I was playing some SNES games on Switch, and Donkey Kong Country, which I thought looked amazing at the time, has really aged poorly in comparison. 

Yeah, paper mario and super paper mario still hold up so well to this day 

In an era where any old shite gets released in the knowledge that they can update to their heart's content later with no consequences, Nintendo seem to stand out for actually making sure their games are polished prior to release.  I don't think I've played any first-party Switch game where I've noticed anything really serious in terms of bugs.  Mario Odyssey was an absolute joy from start-to-finish, and even though I've not really got on with the Zelda games, both BOTW and TOTK are pretty much faultless from a technical standpoint.

20 hours ago, forameus said:

In an era where any old shite gets released in the knowledge that they can update to their heart's content later with no consequences, Nintendo seem to stand out for actually making sure their games are polished prior to release.  I don't think I've played any first-party Switch game where I've noticed anything really serious in terms of bugs.  Mario Odyssey was an absolute joy from start-to-finish, and even though I've not really got on with the Zelda games, both BOTW and TOTK are pretty much faultless from a technical standpoint.

I think there was a couple of things in TOTK that got patched early on.  I saw a few things that suggested there was some glitches that allowed you to kill Lynels easily by attaching two chests together and it drove them bonkers and they just stood still shouting at them.  Don't think that happens anymore.

eta A bit like this:

Trump Is Yelling at Lawnmower Kid Frank

Edited by KnightswoodBear