Hamilton Academical FC vs Aberdeen FC

McInnes refused to make major changes to the team which in one hand I can understand as were on a really good run of form but on the other hand you could see the team need freshening up. Storey could have started and I think with more time and a start could of caused a lot more problems than rooney did all night. Surely jack coming back in was an obvious change to make but after so long out maybe he didn't want to risk him on the plastic pitch so early on. Burns coming in was obvious and unfortunately he didn't do much so whos to say these other guys would of made a difference. Even McKenna in for Reynolds and Craig Storie in to the middle could of been an option. Hayes look uninterested and he only decides to play when he can be bothered some weeks. Mcginn was the same when he came on. I think if stockley had been fit he may of started as well and maybe made a difference up top.

Could go on all day and sometimes you just have to accept it was an off night and get on with things. Its been lucky for us hearts lost and st johnstone and gers drew but also frustrating as a win for us could of saw us pull away in 2nd before the celtic game. Its a long season ahead and I still believe we look strongest to finish 2nd this season however the next round of fixtures for us playing Hearts and Rangers away from home are going to be crucial.

That first "paragraph" is absolute rubbish substantiated by nothing.

- you don't know how fit Jack is, the plastic pitch could have been deemed detrimental to his recovery. Not saying this is fact but you are presuming things.

- storey doesn't fit a system with 1 up front. Ideally we'd have had stockley fit to come in but not sure what happened there. Storey needs to earn a starting place.

- Hayes looked uninterested? Only turns up when he can be bothered? Give yourself a shake, you'll feel very silly when Jonny eventually leaves.

- McGinn (as was Hayes) was hindered by the 3-5-2 when he came on

I hate this 'mcinnes refuses to....' stuff. He sees them everyday in training and he picks the best team to win the game. I fully agreed with the starting line up on Tuesday but felt his changes during the game were a misjudgement and hindered us.

He makes mistakes, i have moved on from it. I still love him.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

That first "paragraph" is absolute rubbish substantiated by nothing.

- you don't know how fit Jack is, the plastic pitch could have been deemed detrimental to his recovery. Not saying this is fact but you are presuming things.

- storey doesn't fit a system with 1 up front. Ideally we'd have had stockley fit to come in but not sure what happened there. Storey needs to earn a starting place.

- Hayes looked uninterested? Only turns up when he can be bothered? Give yourself a shake, you'll feel very silly when Jonny eventually leaves.

- McGinn (as was Hayes) was hindered by the 3-5-2 when he came on

I hate this 'mcinnes refuses to....' stuff. He sees them everyday in training and he picks the best team to win the game. I fully agreed with the starting line up on Tuesday but felt his changes during the game were a misjudgement and hindered us.

He makes mistakes, i have moved on from it. I still love him.

I wonder if you even read the first paragraph going by your reply and I also wonder if you have a clue about football. I mentioned the plastic pitch and not long after that the manager confirmed that as being the reason for Jack not playing so it was a pretty good assumption from myself. Storey can't play up front on his own? why because hes not 6ft 4? he done it well enough for inverness last year and scored enough goals and maybe just maybe having him as the lone striker would of forced us to play football rather than hump the ball up to Rooney on every occasion.

If you think hayes look interested on Tuesday night then I would have to argue that you weren't at the game.

Simple fact is the manager refused to make wholesale changes to the team which I said I can understand why but that for me was part of the problem on Tuesday but I'm over it the guy is a legend and we will win tomorrow.

I wonder if you even read the first paragraph going by your reply and I also wonder if you have a clue about football. I mentioned the plastic pitch and not long after that the manager confirmed that as being the reason for Jack not playing so it was a pretty good assumption from myself. Storey can't play up front on his own? why because hes not 6ft 4? he done it well enough for inverness last year and scored enough goals and maybe just maybe having him as the lone striker would of forced us to play football rather than hump the ball up to Rooney on every occasion.

If you think hayes look interested on Tuesday night then I would have to argue that you weren't at the game.

Simple fact is the manager refused to make wholesale changes to the team which I said I can understand why but that for me was part of the problem on Tuesday but I'm over it the guy is a legend and we will win tomorrow.

TBH my biggest gripe was what you said about Hayes.

Saying he 'didn't look interested' is simply rubbish.

Did he have a great game? No. do I throw out accusations like he wasn't interested or didn't care on that basis? No.

One of our best players (and hardest working) in years and you come out with shite like that. As I said, give yourself a shake.

Archived