Hamilton Academical FC vs Aberdeen FC

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, I was right behind O'Connor at the penalty incident. My immediate reaction was "keep your hands down you stupid c**t, that's a penalty!" Kenny McLean's reaction was to scream "What the f**k are you doing?" to O'Connor. The big Irishman had his hand on the Hamilton gadge's shoulder and gave Oor Willie a decision to make. Personally I think it was soft, but I expect the referee assessor wont mark him down for giving it.

Penalty aside Collum was shite. Not bias, not Celtic minded (does anyone actually believe he is?)  just pish at doing referee stuff.

It was one of those nights. The Dons struggled with the playing surface, although its hardly new to them and they've won there before. The few chances we had we wasted. I have been screaming for Storey to get a chance, he got 30 mins and was shite in all of them. Although as someone said on the bus home, he may have been trying too hard. 

Buoyed by an early goal, Hamilton were industrious and managed the game very well, restricting the Dandies to few chances. Something they haven't been doing often this season. Fair play to them, they were worth the win. 

On a side note, I met three football fans in a pub called the "Academical Vaults" enjoying a pint in their local. Nice old guys, two Celtic fans and one Rangers. I didn't meet any Accies fans. Well, apart from the well dressed young fellas who were pointing at me and shouting GIRFUY as I left NDP. I doubt any of the Lanarkshire Loyal/Rebels will ever get a feeling from football like those wee scoundrels did last night. More power to your elbow lads. 

Finally, thats us played everyone except Motherwell and we have only beaten one of the current top six. Baring in mind Rangers are not looking top 6 material, we have a real fight on our hands to finish second.

Firstly well done accies, excellent performance, didn't give us a minutes peace on the ball and countered on us at pace and effectively. Really excellent team performance, if you play like that most weeks you'll be absolutely fine.

Collum was awful. The pen has been done to death in here, I think it's really soft but it's collum so oh well. He was terrible all night though, some decisions are just baffling.

For example, in the 2nd half we tried to take a quick throw to start an attack and the accies player stuck his arm up to block it. Surely a booking all day long but nothing from oor wullie. Similarly our penalty claim when Logan went down. Difficult to tell but surely this is either a pen or a dive. Collum bottles making either decision. I could go on and on.

Our performance was really poor. We didn't handle hamiltons pressing game throughout and really struggled to ever get going. Apart from a brief spell at the start of the 2nd half I thought we were really bad.

Mcinnes has to take some responsibility too. His changes I thought actually made us worse. We went 3-5-2 with Logan in a back 3. I felt it took away our threat from wide areas as Hayes and McGinn took up deeper positions and Logan couldn't get forward as much.

Also pawlett in there was like playing a man short. Offered absolutely nothing. Pawlett on for Maddison was only ever going to reduce our chances of scoring.

Storey was poor. First touch poor, timing of runs poor, finishing poor. He may well have been trying too hard but he won't be getting a start off the back of that half an hour so he needs to use anytime he gets.

Not looking forward to Celtic now.

12 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

One of 'those' penalty decisions that rarely go against Celtic or Rangers.

I thought it was similar to the goal that was disallowed for Celtic on Sunday. One player makes minimal contact, other player throws himself to the deck, ref gives the wrong decision.

53 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

@Inverness fans. 

Miles Storey is shit isn't he?

It's funny how some players seem to shine at one club, but not so much at another.  I know a few Dons who share your view on him.

I think Storey needs a run of games tbh, he was our main striker last season so played the majority of games and was rarely subbed if I remember.  You've definitely got a player there, he just needs time on the pitch.

Id guess it's because Bingham is an awful footballer? Kurtaj would've also did more chasing and tackling and was playing in midfield.

He still went negative just not as bad as previous games and deserved to get away with it tonight.

Kurtaj was up front as much as Brophy was up front. The guys on the radio agreed. He kept two up throughout. Bingham hasn't seemed dreadful from what I've seen.

1 minute ago, StandFree03 said:

I rated him at ICT and it's ridiculous to be writing the guy off as some of our fans have been doing (no surprise though). He's not really had much time of a chance, the odd sub appearance isn't really enough.

As for last night, we were due a performance and result like that so not particularly shocked. I also don't think the penalty is that ridiculous, it's very soft but I can see why it was given. 

I'm not writing him off, I'm just not very impressed so far and would suggest the amount of game time he has been given is quite telling. 

Annoying result last night but hey ho.

Would've liked to have seen more changes in the starting line up but it sounds like nobody made an impact last night from the first 11 to the subs so maybe it wouldn't have made much difference.

Really soft penalty but from what I've seen/heard we didn't do enough to get anything out of the game anyway. 

Would bite your hand off for a draw on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, shootingboots said:

@Inverness fans. 

Miles Storey is shit isn't he?

Not in the slightest. He needs game time and your manager currently isn't giving it to him (oo er) which is fair enough given the relatively solid start to the season you guys have had. I suspect he's more of a squad player there anyway compared to a starter at ICT so he will have to do something really special to force his way into the team. I'd happily take him back.

Firstly, I was right behind O'Connor at the penalty incident. My immediate reaction was "keep your hands down you stupid c**t, that's a penalty!" Kenny McLean's reaction was to scream "What the f**k are you doing?" to O'Connor. The big Irishman had his hand on the Hamilton gadge's shoulder and gave Oor Willie a decision to make. Personally I think it was soft, but I expect the referee assessor wont mark him down for giving it.

Penalty aside Collum was shite. Not bias, not Celtic minded (does anyone actually believe he is?)  just pish at doing referee stuff.

It was one of those nights. The Dons struggled with the playing surface, although its hardly new to them and they've won there before. The few chances we had we wasted. I have been screaming for Storey to get a chance, he got 30 mins and was shite in all of them. Although as someone said on the bus home, he may have been trying too hard. 

Buoyed by an early goal, Hamilton were industrious and managed the game very well, restricting the Dandies to few chances. Something they haven't been doing often this season. Fair play to them, they were worth the win. 

On a side note, I met three football fans in a pub called the "Academical Vaults" enjoying a pint in their local. Nice old guys, two Celtic fans and one Rangers. I didn't meet any Accies fans. Well, apart from the well dressed young fellas who were pointing at me and shouting GIRFUY as I left NDP. I doubt any of the Lanarkshire Loyal/Rebels will ever get a feeling from football like those wee scoundrels did last night. More power to your elbow lads. 

Finally, thats us played everyone except Motherwell and we have only beaten one of the current top six. Baring in mind Rangers are not looking top 6 material, we have a real fight on our hands to finish second.

There were a few Accies fans in the Vaults last night (though not many), but it's usually filled with OF fans. Going back there after we beat Celtic was excellent.

Archived