Hamilton Academical FC vs Aberdeen FC

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

His professional career involves being a teacher/ head teacher at four Roman Catholic schools in west central Scotland.

Whilst not wishing that to cloud his refereeing judgement - it's a background akin to having a ref called Dod Sheepsh@gger , who only eats rowies, and spends all his spare time watching Scotland The What DVDs refereeing loads of our games, or those of our close opponents.

The EPL removed Kevin Friend from a Spurs match last season as he's from Leicester - essentially 80% of refs we get will probably have supported either Celtic or the former rangers and thus have something of a dislike for all things Aberdonia, and think nothing about shafting us.......................with only consequences being Scotland's appointed ref to take part in International or European matches.  I just cannot get my head around why Collum is this choice - Kevin Clancy always seems much more in the background and efficient when it comes to officiating - 75% of Collum matches I've attended, you come away feeling angry as he has invariably stolen the show.

So are you saying Catholic teachers shouldn't be allowed to referee Aberdeen or just Catholics in general?

Last night was a bit of a boot in the baws but can't say it's a massive surprise. We play some of our better football against killie and then drop the standard for the next 2 games.

Annoying to drop points (and quite probably league places) before playing Celtic on Saturday.

Edit: Watched the penalty decisions and can see why it was given but incredibly soft as most folk have said.

None of our shouts were anywhere like a penalty IMO.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I didn't see the game, so unable to comment on by what the radio commentators were saying.

They said that Accies got a penalty they shouldn't have - and Aberdeen had two better looking shouts in the second half.

Given Collum's track record in our matches - could include red cards and pens vs Celtic, two ludicrous Ross Draper dives in ICT matches last season (both pens), three goals disallowed in one match at Hamilton a couple of seasons back, blatant pens for us not awarded - then he certainly seems more incompetent towards us than others............

His professional career involves being a teacher/ head teacher at four Roman Catholic schools in west central Scotland.

Whilst not wishing that to cloud his refereeing judgement - it's a background akin to having a ref called Dod Sheepsh@gger , who only eats rowies, and spends all his spare time watching Scotland The What DVDs refereeing loads of our games, or those of our close opponents.

The EPL removed Kevin Friend from a Spurs match last season as he's from Leicester - essentially 80% of refs we get will probably have supported either Celtic or the former rangers and thus have something of a dislike for all things Aberdonia, and think nothing about shafting us.......................with only consequences being Scotland's appointed ref to take part in International or European matches.  I just cannot get my head around why Collum is this choice - Kevin Clancy always seems much more in the background and efficient when it comes to officiating - 75% of Collum matches I've attended, you come away feeling angry as he has invariably stolen the show.

Absolutely heads gone.

Brilliant stuff :lol:

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Last night was a bit of a boot in the baws but can't say it's a massive surprise. We play some of our better football against killie and then drop the standard for the next 2 games.

Annoying to drop points (and quite probably league places) before playing Celtic on Saturday.

Edit: Watched the penalty decisions and can see why it was given but incredibly soft as most folk have said.

None of our shouts were anywhere like a penalty IMO.

The McLean one is very similar to the one Accies got...

3 hours ago, killienick said:

So are you saying Catholic teachers shouldn't be allowed to referee Aberdeen or just Catholics in general?

Remember that weekend the referees went on strike.

Let's get all these Israelis and Luxembourg refs back - too many agendas in our small country to trust anyone.  If Kevin Friend from Leicester cannot be allowed to referee a Spurs game, what hope do we have in this small country of tribal hatred where 75% of people support one of two clubs?

One caveat is I'd draw the line at Bulgarian referees - for reasons that our second leg in Maribor actually had me pining for Willie Collum.

Brilliant performance last night from every player on the pitch. We looked determined which is something that's been lacking for a while, first to every ball and gave Aberdeen no time on the ball. My only complaint is we aren't clinical enough in front of goal. The Aberdeen keeper looked ropey as f**k at times and if we were sharper we could easily have scored more.

All in all an excellent result and hopefully spurs  on to beat Dundee on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Not sure where you're getting this from. Solid most of the match, and has been great all season.

I was sitting side on to him second half and he looked nervy and spilled quite a few balls. A more clinical striker would have latched on to at least one of the opportunities he gave up.

The Aberdeen penalty claims were a joke particularly Shay Logan running into Mickey Devlin's heel you have to ask why he wasn't booked for such a blatant dive. It was incredibly watching a team more interested in getting a penalty to even up their perceived injustice than concentrating on scoring goals. The Aberdeen team that came about 18 months ago and hammered us were a far better team with a similar line up.

Well that was a really terrible performance from Aberdeen we seem to be a yard off the pace in the first half and better in the 2nd half without really creating much. Didn't think Hamilton was a pen and haven't had a look at ours but they looked soft as well. 

I thought we should have freshened the team up a lot more but going with the subs performances when he made the 3 then maybe our squad isn't as great as we thought. Miles Storey had his chance and I think he was trying far too hard but it looked liked he never played fitba before.  Can't think of an Aberdeen player that deserved pass marks and even with that I thought a draw was a fair result on the balance of things. 

Just seen the highlights back, the D'Acol pen shout looks v v soft, but if there was any grabbing of the shirt then its stupid from O'Connor. Hard to see on the replay. The Logan shout is a blatant dive, but the McLean one is a stonewaller. He's  got his arm around his chest and shoulders and wrestles him to the ground. 

But as said before, we were pretty guff anyway.

The Aberdeen penalty claims were a joke particularly Shay Logan running into Mickey Devlin's heel you have to ask why he wasn't booked for such a blatant dive. It was incredibly watching a team more interested in getting a penalty to even up their perceived injustice than concentrating on scoring goals. The Aberdeen team that came about 18 months ago and hammered us were a far better team with a similar line up.

You won mate, try and calm down

McInnes refused to make major changes to the team which in one hand I can understand as were on a really good run of form but on the other hand you could see the team need freshening up. Storey could have started and I think with more time and a start could of caused a lot more problems than rooney did all night. Surely jack coming back in was an obvious change to make but after so long out maybe he didn't want to risk him on the plastic pitch so early on. Burns coming in was obvious and unfortunately he didn't do much so whos to say these other guys would of made a difference. Even McKenna in for Reynolds and Craig Storie in to the middle could of been an option. Hayes look uninterested and he only decides to play when he can be bothered some weeks. Mcginn was the same when he came on. I think if stockley had been fit he may of started as well and maybe made a difference up top.

Could go on all day and sometimes you just have to accept it was an off night and get on with things. Its been lucky for us hearts lost and st johnstone and gers drew but also frustrating as a win for us could of saw us pull away in 2nd before the celtic game. Its a long season ahead and I still believe we look strongest to finish 2nd this season however the next round of fixtures for us playing Hearts and Rangers away from home are going to be crucial.

Archived