Hamilton Academical FC vs Aberdeen FC

Ahh well. Deserved that. Every single player looked jaded, sloppy, and second best all night. It's rare for a whole team to be so lacklustre.

Dreadful hoofballing spectacle. Thankfully Collum took his A-game to keep things interesting. A snip at £23.

Is there a toilet in Scottish football that's cosier than the away bogs at NDP?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

You will be pleased your nemesis lost and it was a shit crowd,w**k yerself to death.

That doesn't sound like Aberdeen in the context of Heart of Midlothian, mate. greggy.png

Terrific result, every player gave their all.

Great start to the match, and got our custom early goal, didn't get a great view of challenge as I was on the other side of the stand, but tbh its about time we got a bit of luck.

Can't fault anyone really, an odd slip up, which may have resulted in a goal, but Aberdeen were poor, and despite all their fans whining didn't deserve anything imo.

Great result to take into Saturday's fixture, Mon the Accies!!! :thumsup2

This'll sound like sour grapes but Collum shouldn't be refereeing Premiership football (never mind European or intentional!). He consistently gets the big calls wrong and has probably f*cked over every team on the league on at least one occasion. He's not biased or any nonsense like that, he is just atrocious at his job.

ETA: Collum wasn't the only reason we didn't win. We were very, very pish, he did contribute though.

Aberdeen were poor, and despite all their fans whining didn't deserve anything imo.

Surely we deserved at least a point if neither team were able to score a legitimate goal?

If that dodgy Collum decision had gone the other way (only about 20 required to even if up now with him and AFC) then it's us that can sit in, keep shape and counter.

That's fitba - and the same reason we didn't really deserve to beat Morton at the weekend as the offside goal changes everything.

Shocker. Totally fucking shocking. We didn't once get the ball down and pass it. Not once. The chances we did have came from playing the percentages. Rooney isn't the striker to do that. He mistimes every header. I feel sorry for McLean because he's being asked to play a role he is simply incapable of. He can't do the defensive work needed to play in that midfield. Maddison was lazy tracking back yet again. Reynolds and O'Connor aren't a partnership. Totally different pages.
All this is before I get to the Hamilton performance. Tremendous, in terms of hassling, pressing, won every second ball, every header at the back. Weren't silly in possession, MacKinnon and Saris in particular, outstanding.
McInnes needed to recognise that we were losing the midfield battle. You've got the captain, a defensive midfielder sitting on the bench who, along with one or two of the attackers brought on could have changed the shape and given us more composure and purpose in the middle of the park. Instead he chucks on all the lightweights and we continue to be outfought. Appalling tactical decision. The only thought is that Jack was never going to play on the plastic pitch considering his injury, in which case why lie to the fans by sticking him on the bench.

Saw the goal on SSN, the defender does seem to have hold of D'Acol's shirt initially, lets go and then he falls over. Still very soft but I can see why he gave it now.

As has been said, outstanding from start to finish. Mackinnon deservedly MOTM but special praise for Gary Woods for an outstanding block from Hayes mid way through the first half. A very different game if that goes in. Well done to Canning for getting his tactics spot on and keeping two men up, though not sure why he picked Kurtaj instead of Bingham but he did well anyway.

Richard Wilson implying in his match report that you can't really fault Collum as he just hadn't quite got going yet when he had to make the call:

The referee Willie Collum wasn't allowed time to settle into the game. Only five minutes had passed when D'Acol fell backwards inside the penalty area, and Collum felt there was enough in the contact from O'Connor - even though it seemed minimal - to award the spot-kick.

Totally unrealistic to expect a referee to get a big decision right after only five minutes of play it seems.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37686575

Fair enough. What was the general performance like?

I think the other posters have summed it up pretty well already - we were mince. No composure, no fight and completely overwhelmed by Accies tenacity (fair play to them - it worked).

Despite shuffling the formation and personnel in the second half, we continued with the same hoof ball philosophy.

I didn't think we played well on Saturday but tonight we really dipped. That was the poorest I have seen us play this season.

Archived