Aberdeen v Celtic - League Cup Final

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Criticising you for not having enough? Are you mad...I'm simply highlighting the fact your glory hunters don't deserve a ticket. Would take great delight thinking that at least it meant more Aberdeen fans seeing their team get humped in the flesh but the reality is that while your 13,000 genuine fans will be gutted, the daytrippers will probably not give a flying f**k :lol:

Fought tooth & nail for people who won't even support you :lol: no wonder you'll never be seen as anything other than a diddy club.

You're suggesting that there are only two groups of supporters; those who attend every single home game and those who only turn up for cup finals, which of course is f*cking nonsense.

Our average of 13,000 is probably made up of about triple that in individual attendees ranging from those who go a couple of times a season to those who go fairly regularly to the core support who go every week. It's the same at every single club in the world. I can guarantee that the vast majority of people in the Dons end will have been to at least 5-10 games this season, it won't go to general sale so those who haven't got a decent number of loyalty points will miss out.

47 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Love it....get your 50/50 allocation & then watch these one day die-hates turn up and then show a complete disregard for your club regardless if you win or lose the cup when they disappear back into their wilderness & leave you to go back to your poxy 13,000 crowds :lol:

Maybe so but that's still preferable to having more idiot victim fans like yourself there.

The crowds announced at Celtic Park in the last few seasons have been hugely inflated.  I've been to three of our four games against Celtic at Parkhead in the last couple of seasons

1/11/2014 - Celtic 1 ICT 0 - 42.553

15/08/2015 - Celtic 4 ICT 2 - 42,727

20/2/2016 - Celtic 3 ICT 0 - 43,600

There's no chance the stadium was 70% full in any of those games.  I'd say that it was probably half full in the areas that were opened, maybe a bit more full in the main stand.  Also, the League Cup final in 2014 was at Parkhead, the crowd given was 52,000 and I think that's an accurate figure - the whole stadium, aside from the sections not opened, were full.  The idea that there were only around 9-10,000 more fans at that game than at one of the games I went to as a Caley fan is a fantasy. Years ago I went to a Celtic European game that had 60,000 fans in attendance, again the idea that the games as a Caley fan had similar crowds is a fantasy.

Cup finals should be a 50-50 split as a rule and then if one club can't take a full allocation they can then be re-allocated.  The fact that this debate is even taking place is a joke.  Crystal Palace and Man Utd got an even split for last seasons FA Cup final, was there an outcry about that?  Only in Scotland are there so many inadequates who need to express their 'big man' credentials through their choice of football team.  

don't worry Davie, Queen Ann has it covered [emoji3]

In fairness I think she does a good job & is good for Scottish football, & as much as I can't stand Hearts as a club, if you lot were in the final I'd not grudge you a 50/50 split since at least unlike Aberdeen, your fans do pack out your home games. Now you are building a new stand and at least trying to grow as a club. Aberdeen have positive results on the park, off the park and still their fans can't turn up. Decent enough team to watch but a joke of a club.

You're suggesting that there are only two groups of supporters; those who attend every single home game and those who only turn up for cup finals, which of course is f*cking nonsense.

Our average of 13,000 is probably made up of about triple that in individual attendees ranging from those who go a couple of times a season to those who go fairly regularly to the core support who go every week. It's the same at every single club in the world. I can guarantee that the vast majority of people in the Dons end will have been to at least 5-10 games this season, it won't go to general sale so those who haven't got a decent number of loyalty points will miss out.

Bullshit. My own brother who supports Aberdeen attended the last final at Celtic Park. It was his first game in easily 5/6yrs. No surprise that he hasn't been to another Aberdeen game since. He was talking of trying to get a ticket for the final as soon as they went through on Saturday. I'd fancy his chances ahead of my Celtic supporting friend who has had a season ticket for years but who didn't join the HCTS this season but who goes and watches his club.

14 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

8No issues with a 50/50 split when we play Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs. Waste of time even asking for the 50/50 split when it's against any other team though

3 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

In fairness I think she does a good job & is good for Scottish football, & as much as I can't stand Hearts as a club, if you lot were in the final I'd not grudge you a 50/50 split since at least unlike Aberdeen, your fans do pack out your home games. Now you are building a new stand and at least trying to grow as a club. Aberdeen have positive results on the park, off the park and still their fans can't turn up. Decent enough team to watch but a joke of a club.

Why Hibs?* They average less that Aberdeen on a weekly basis.

*without wanting to get into a crowdwank with the Hibs Posters on here.

57 minutes ago, sjc said:

Why? because Celtic happened to draw their rivals (that actually died in 2012) in the SF and sold out their allocation for the first time in a blue moon?

That wasn't very diplomatic.

Bullshit. My own brother who supports Aberdeen attended the last final at Celtic Park. It was his first game in easily 5/6yrs. No surprise that he hasn't been to another Aberdeen game since. He was talking of trying to get a ticket for the final as soon as they went through on Saturday. I'd fancy his chances ahead of my Celtic supporting friend who has had a season ticket for years but who didn't join the HCTS this season but who goes and watches his club.

So you're brother is an arsehole too? Well I never.

48 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I wasn't at the Ayr Utd game. I don't deserve a final ticket. :unsure:

There will be plenty of tickets floating about - after all we only need 13,000...

Your "brother" won't be able to get a ticket unless he buys one off someone else.

95% of the Dons support for the final will have attended games at least semi-regularly this season, otherwise they won't get their hands on a ticket.

Archived