Aberdeen v Celtic - League Cup Final

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Romeo said:

This.

I am desperate for them to set up some type of loyalty scheme which takes into account games actually attended. The best they do is members of the home cup ticket scheme get 1st dibs, them other season ticket holders, then Joe public.

To weed out all them Celtic glory hunters aye?

11 hours ago, Paco said:

Celtic's national semi-final crowds going back to 2010, not involving Rangers:

• January 2016. Ross County 3-1 Celtic - 22,130
  • April 2015. Inverness 3-2 Celtic - 28,643
  • April 2013 - Dundee United 3-4 Celtic - 24,828
  • January 2013. St Mirren 3-2 Celtic - 24,417
  • April 2012. Hearts 2-1 Celtic - 36,609
  • January 2012. Falkirk 1-3 Celtic - 30,000
  • April 2011. Aberdeen 0-4 Celtic - 30,381
  • January 2011. Aberdeen 1-3 Celtic - 38,085
  • April 2010. Ross County 2-0 Celtic - 24,535

So really they've managed over 20,000 fans at a semi-final around three times, in their own city.

To be fair, none of these are as a big a minter as Rangers failing to have more than 25k at their own ground for a Scottish Cup SF with Dundee United.

Rangers also had a semi-final crowd of 17,000 at Hampden v St Johnstone in 2010.

Considering Saints must have sold at least 3,000-4,000, that was a proper minter.

11 hours ago, Romeo said:

Yes, but people just pass tickets around and CSC's just rip the arse out of it.

It just does my head in when I'm sitting in a half empty (if your lucky) freezing my nuts of in the middle of January, then all the fannies who don't know how seat row and number works are floating around 20 minutes into the game for the bigger games.

I'm too old for this shit.

Don't worry, you're only getting 22,000, so all them part-timers won't be getting tickets.

11 hours ago, The OP said:

It tends to be people who are just outside the qualification criteria that complain about them in my experience. Apparently it is easy enough to get up the list for away tickets if you put in the donkey work by going to Rugby Park, Fir Park, etc. 

Exactly. All the Celtic fans who know they'll get a ticket for this don't care if it's a 50/50 split.

The ones who are sweating are probably gloryhunters.

Bet you Paul The Tim doesn't care.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fairly sure I just found daviebhoy on Twitter. 

Spends his whole time retweeting shite memes about Rangers, talking about how Celtic would add something to English football and is currently raving about how its unfair Aberdeen want a 50/50 split for a Final.

2 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

If the initials are DT then it's him alright.

The nick of Romeo btw :lol:

Romeo is Celtic fanzine roaster Matt McGlone I reckon. He was arguing with Michael Stewart over a 50/50 split on Twitter.

FWIW I have a Twitter search for "St Johnstone" saved for transfer window, and we're randomly being brought up in every argument about ticket allocation. 

Heres the account - https://twitter.com/letsdothehuddle

P.s I would love it if Davie and Romeo missed out on tickets, that would be utterly hilarious.

I'd prefer it if an Aberdeen fan who didn't deserve a ticket took down Leigh Griffiths in the box and the ref never gave a penalty.

e66ac0f4d66fd4af53d20e5add7be5b6.jpg

Archived