• April 2015. Inverness 3-2 Celtic - 28,643
  • April 2013 - Dundee United 3-4 Celtic - 24,828
  • January 2013. St Mirren 3-2 Celtic - 24,417
  • April 2012. Hearts 2-1 Celtic - 36,609
  • January 2012. Falkirk 1-3 Celtic - 30,000
  • April 2011. Aberdeen 0-4 Celtic - 30,381
  • January 2011. Aberdeen 1-3 Celtic - 38,085
  • April 2010. Ross County 2-0 Celtic - 24,535

So really they've managed over 20,000 fans at a semi-final around three times, in their own city.

To be fair, none of these are as a big a minter as Rangers failing to have more than 25k at their own ground for a Scottish Cup SF with Dundee United.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paco said:

Celtic's national semi-final crowds going back to 2010, not involving Rangers:

• January 2016. Ross County 3-1 Celtic - 22,130
  • April 2015. Inverness 3-2 Celtic - 28,643
  • April 2013 - Dundee United 3-4 Celtic - 24,828
  • January 2013. St Mirren 3-2 Celtic - 24,417
  • April 2012. Hearts 2-1 Celtic - 36,609
  • January 2012. Falkirk 1-3 Celtic - 30,000
  • April 2011. Aberdeen 0-4 Celtic - 30,381
  • January 2011. Aberdeen 1-3 Celtic - 38,085
  • April 2010. Ross County 2-0 Celtic - 24,535

So really they've managed over 20,000 fans at a semi-final around three times, in their own city.

To be fair, none of these are as a big a minter as Rangers failing to have more than 25k at their own ground for a Scottish Cup SF with Dundee United.

Nice one Paco.

All you guys need to do now  is point out where I said we don't have any glory hunters.

You can check this by looking at my multiple posts complaining about people only turning up at Parkhead for big games.

I'll wait while you do that....

All you guys need to do now  is point out where I said we don't have any glory hunters.

You can check this by looking at my multiple posts complaining about people only turning up at Parkhead for big games.

I'll wait while you do that....

Raging [emoji1]

36 minutes ago, Romeo said:

This.

I am desperate for them to set up some type of loyalty scheme which takes into account games actually attended. The best they do is members of the home cup ticket scheme get 1st dibs, them other season ticket holders, then Joe public.

That's not correct - the tickets went to people who bought Motherwell and Alloa tickets on HCTS, then they went to ST holders who went to Motherwell and Alloa but didn't buy their tickets on HCTS, then they went to ST holders who went to Motherwell or Alloa. Dunno if they went on sale beyond that, but account was made of who went to previous rounds. 

For the zombies last year priority went to people who went to Stranrear, Morton, EK etc. 

In other words, if you supported the club through the cup by buying tickets you get first dibs, although they promote their scheme which guarantees them cash rather than buying on an ad hoc basis. 

9 minutes ago, The OP said:

That's not correct - the tickets went to people who bought Motherwell and Alloa tickets on HCTS, then they went to ST holders who went to Motherwell and Alloa but didn't buy their tickets on HCTS, then they went to ST holders who went to Motherwell or Alloa. Dunno if they went on sale beyond that, but account was made of who went to previous rounds. 

For the zombies last year priority went to people who went to Stranrear, Morton, EK etc. 

In other words, if you supported the club through the cup by buying tickets you get first dibs, although they promote their scheme which guarantees them cash rather than buying on an  hoc basis. 

Yes, but people just pass tickets around and CSC's just rip the arse out of it.

It just does my head in when I'm sitting in a half empty (if your lucky) freezing my nuts of in the middle of January, then all the fannies who don't know how seat row and number works are floating around 20 minutes into the game for the bigger games.

I'm too old for this shit.

38 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Yes, but people just pass tickets around and CSC's just rip the arse out of it.

I think this is more of an issue for getting up the list for away tickets to Pittodrie or Tynecastle. I only went to Motherwell and found it to be no bother getting a ticket to the semi, even though I was in the third tier of priority. I probably would've gone to Alloa although an extra £20 was a bit cheeky, but couldn't justify another Wednesday night, given all the CL home games are on Wednesdays and I have other commitments. 

It tends to be people who are just outside the qualification criteria that complain about them in my experience. Apparently it is easy enough to get up the list for away tickets if you put in the donkey work by going to Rugby Park, Fir Park, etc. 

Why do Celtic always get the east stand?

The poor oppressed Celtic fans got the uncovered east stand while their lauded orange proddy pals were given the covered west stand by their brethern at the SFA. Now you know their paranoia is justifed [emoji102]

37 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

The poor oppressed Celtic fans got the uncovered east stand while their lauded orange proddy pals were given the covered west stand by their brethern at the SFA. Now you know their paranoia is justifed emoji102.png

That's true actually. I withdraw my previous comments. It's all because of the masons and the **** and the lizard people. 

Archived