John Souttar

gonzohiggy

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peppino, you occasionally talk sense, but people would probably give what you're saying a wee bit more consideration if every second post wasn't saying that nobody else knows anything about football.  I'm a historian.  No other scholars would give my work any notice if I devoted half my papers to saying how every other historian was a moron who wouldn't know which up to hold a manuscript.  Just make your points without holding up a big sign that says, "I'm a bitter crank."

I've not seen much of Souttar, but he seems like a good player with plenty of potential.  I want him to succeed, and to grow as a player either here or abroad, and contribute to the national team - which is what everyone wants, surely.  

Apparently that isn't what every one wants on here,  many are desperate for hi  to be site so they can say they were right.

If, people who didn't even pass higher history were lecturing you and mocking your views with no evidence or information at all other than 'that's pish' you would be similarly dismissive. 

Apparently that isn't what every one wants on here,  many are desperate for hi  to be site so they can say they were right.

If, people who didn't even pass higher history were lecturing you and mocking your views with no evidence or information at all other than 'that's pish' you would be similarly dismissive. 

When did you pass higher football?

9 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

When i got paid to play football.   Did You? 

Was this before or after you gave international relations theory advice to Joe Biden and his Chief of Staff, whilst simultaneously misjudging Condaleeza Rice's height by nearly a foot?

57 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Never played junior, had a few offers wasn't really interested.

If not Junior, who did you play for? Just because you may or may not have played at a reasonable level doesn't make you more qualified to assess someone's abilities. Happy to be proved wrong by a reasoned argument, but I'd suggest there's a difference to having played at a good standard and having the ability to determine how far someone will go in the game and develop.

I know a couple of lads who've played from League 2 to the Championship as players, but some of their assessments on players and football in general when having a pint with them can often be utter nonsense.

In what way does he stand out? Whit? That point hardly makes him stand out.

Technical ability, the basis for international football, makes him stand out, when compared to the current Scotland centre-backs..

This allows him more time on the ball to pass, rather than boot up in the air back to opposition or stands...

Souttar is quick enough for a centre half, not rapid but no slouch. More importantly he reads the game well most times and is very comfortable on the ball. Add the fact he's brave enough, 6ft or so and still bulking make the attributes that I think he could go on to be a very accomplished centre half given the right mentoring.

I think this is all folk were looking for, Pep.

Archived