Whitehill Welfare v BSC Glasgow

bpek

16 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Stevie even gave a debut to the clubs youngest ever player Ross Jardine at 16 a few weeks ago. 

I'm no saying yer wrong Rab (yer stats are well spot on) but.....

If memory serves me right there  was a very successful ww u18 side which got to the semi final of the BP youth cup in the late 80s. There may have been one or two 16 year olds in that team that played for the Senior side.

Also one of the present ww committee may be able to stake a claim as the youngest ever ww player ? 

It's fantastic the club have managed to get young Ross on a contract though, that defo should be applauded, personally I was disappointed the lad didn't start away at Preston earlier on this season when a rather well built trialist took to the nets when Bryan was unavailable. 

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm no saying yer wrong Rab (yer stats are well spot on) but.....

If memory serves me right there  was a very successful ww u18 side which got to the semi final of the BP youth cup in the late 80s. There may have been one or two 16 year olds in that team that played for the Senior side.

Also one of the present ww committee may be able to stake a claim as the youngest ever ww player ? 

It's fantastic the club have managed to get young Ross on a contract though, that defo should be applauded, personally I was disappointed the lad didn't start away at Preston earlier on this season when a rather well built trialist took to the nets when Bryan was unavailable. 

You could well be right Newky. Our club President claims to have played at 15 albeit in the Juvenile days. 

Unfortunately there's little information from back then ... what were yous playing at !? :P 

4 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

You could well be right Newky. Our club President claims to have played at 15 albeit in the Juvenile days. 

Unfortunately there's little information from back then ... what were yous playing at !? :P 

Them lace balls took some heading Rab ;)

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Jeezo you must think I'm some kind of alky. :o

Na I blame the teachers strike of 1983 ruining my fitba career. It was more than the teachers strike that ruined your career........

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Jeezo you must think I'm some kind of alky. :o

Na I blame the teachers strike of 1983 ruining my fitba career. :D

Your Maths teacher didnae take your fitba team as well did he ... :lol: 

Archived