Ayr United V Hibernian

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Zing. said:

That's Ayr firmly sat the f**k down then :lol: 

Lol wut, simmer down :lol:

Hibs ran out deserved winners. We never offered anything in the final 3rd which was disappointing. Other than the 3 goals I wasn't too impressed with them today, no real free flowing stacking football which I was expecting. We did match Hibs in midfield I thought which was a positive, but really need a striker badly.

On 10/12/2016 at 12:01, Alan Stubbs said:

I'll take dafty opposition fans slagging off how bad Holt is after we've won over Keatings playing well in a defeat or draw every time.

36 minutes ago, sanny said:

Thought Holt for Hibs was murder. 

Every week :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Every week :lol: 

:lol:

Pretty much the exact same every week he's played since Falkirk away on day one. I wasn't there today but I'm guessing today will be much like every game he hasn't impressed the fooballing gurus of the Scottish Championship, whilst his striking partner has ran riot. Holt does a job. It's not pretty on the eye but I guarantee Cummings. Boyle, Keatings etc would all choose him as their preferred partner.

Hibees just looked better man for man today, as they should be and as was expected. The fact that we have taken 3 points off them already this season is a massive bonus.

Although, at some points in the second half we could have got back level.

Good noisy support from the away end.

Would be interested to hear from the away support if they were happy with their teams play up to about the 70th minute as there seemed to be little end result from some swift play.

I'm sure that Hibs will win the league this season, but again, that is hardly a bold prediction.

Best of luck in taking as many points off Dumbarton, St Mirren and Dunfermline please.

16 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Delighted to hear McGInn scored a worldy as well. Really haven't been too impressed with him so far this season. Hopefully gets a bit of confidence from that.

Was interested in watching Mcginn today with his countinous call ups for Scotland. For the most part I was wondering if Strachan had been bothering to watch him as he wasnt great. Outstanding goal though. 

Didnt realise how fast Boyle was; absolutely flying. 

We started to come into it more second half until Adams was taken off. f**k knows what McCall was talking about with the comment about Cairney being one of our best players.  

Without the help of the referee Ayr were found out to be the absolute gang that they truly are. 

Delighted that Boyle is scoring goals. I've never rated him but he's proved me wrong in the last two games. Another clean sheet too which is always good. 

Archived