The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

9 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Used to be that punching Nazis was acceptable. Times change and the modern snowflake Nazi does not like the street roughness, Ernst Rhom will be spinning in his grave.

snowflake.jpg

Obviously resistance against Nazis is correct. Of course there's never been more than a few thousand Nazis in the US at any time. The high point was probably the NYC Madison Square Garden rallies led by German immigrants in front of other German immigrants. I think they were 1920s or 30s.

The main problem with normalizing attacks on "Nazis" is that the left thinks anybody to the right of them is a Nazi. George Dubya, Nixon, Reagan, Trump. If George Washington and Abe Lincoln were alive they would be denounced as Nazis.

We have to think: What is the greater threat? That the US or UK are taken over by actual Nazis? Or that anti-fascists use the Nazi scare to shut down free speech, free assembly, and free votes in the US and UK?

16 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Obviously resistance against Nazis is correct. Of course there's never been more than a few thousand Nazis in the US at any time. The high point was probably the NYC Madison Square Garden rallies led by German immigrants in front of other German immigrants. I think they were 1920s or 30s.

The main problem with normalizing attacks on "Nazis" is that the left thinks anybody to the right of them is a Nazi. George Dubya, Nixon, Reagan, Trump. If George Washington and Abe Lincoln were alive they would be denounced as Nazis.

We have to think: What is the greater threat? That the US or UK are taken over by actual Nazis? Or that anti-fascists use the Nazi scare to shut down free speech, free assembly, and free votes in the US and UK?

Name of f**k. 

Saw a report on the news that there is no evidence that any corporate papers have been lodged that has handed authority over from Trump to his two sons for the running of his businesses.  Surely he's not going to try to brazen this one out.

Not to lecture the guy, but does spending so much time on American right wing politics help his cause back home? I assume in a first past the post system that the UKIP needs votes from people who think American right wingers are out of control crazy folks.

Edited by Deplorable

5 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Not to lecture the guy, but does spending so much time on American right wing politics help his cause back home? I assume in a first past the post system that the UKIP needs votes from people who think American right wingers are out of control crazy folks.

I read on Fox News that Nigel had a job with Fox News.
Now I cannae find it.

2 hours ago, Deplorable said:

10 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Thats fucking bollocks, im centre left on most things and would never have called GWB, Reagan or Nixon a nazi, they might be arseholes but definately not a nazi.

I was referring to the celebration about the Richard Spencer attack in DC this week. It was mentioned in this thread and I specifically responded to the Captain America post. Obviously most left of center voters do not attack people in the streets, or refer to their mainstream political opponents as Nazis.

35 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I read on Fox News that Nigel had a job with Fox News.
Now I cannae find it.

Looked it up. Yes it's true. Seems they are trying to replace NeverTrumpers with folks in good with the current administration. LOL. Still think it's probably a bad political move for UKIP to have him so prominently associated with Trump and the USA right wing.  Fun for us though as he seems like quite the character.:lol:

4 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Looked it up. Yes it's true. Seems they are trying to replace NeverTrumpers with folks in good with the current administration. LOL. Still think it's probably a bad political move for UKIP to have him so prominently associated with Trump and the USA right wing.  Fun for us though as he seems like quite the character.:lol:

People who vote Ukip probably think Trump is quite the fellow, so it won't do him much harm with them, he's always been a slightly scary joke figure to everyone else. I think he's had enough of UK politics anyway, think he sees Brexit as mission accomplished and he's enjoying the Yankee limelight.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

People who vote Ukip probably think Trump is quite the fellow, so it won't do him much harm with them, he's always been a slightly scary joke figure to everyone else. I think he's had enough of UK politics anyway, think he sees Brexit as mission accomplished and he's enjoying the Yankee limelight.

Of course he is and guid luck (and riddance) tae him.
He would settle in there nae bother, forever on the chat shows, perhaps a book or movie?
Wha kens.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Swampy white knighting a man that wants to talk openly about black genocide? Now that's paper.

Again, not Swampy.

Not sure what he said about genocide. Looked into the dude for a minute and he claims to be a white separatist. Not my belief. I was talking about whether it's a good idea to physically attack people the left considers "fascists" in general terms. In the USA I support all free speech. There are instances when totalitarian forces are threatening that I could see political violence as an answer, but that's at a point where free speech, free assembly, and the free vote have been outlawed.

3 hours ago, Deplorable said:

I missed this first time around.  A Trumpet talking about free speech getting shut down!!!  Press secretary's first official briefing - lie to the press corp and tell them what they should be reporting on.

Then refuse to take any questions.

#posttruth    #alternativefacts

There are instances when totalitarian forces are threatening that I could see political violence as an answer, but that's at a point where free speech, free assembly, and the free vote have been outlawed.

I give it until about Thursday.

I watched a few interviews with this Spencer character beyond that famous leaked one that reminded me of the rhetoric and behavior at your average feminist/BLM rally.

His take on the current situation contains some reasonable facts (shitting on identity politics and systematic and trendy anti-white racism) and historical half-truths to help his narrative. Pretty batshit "only Europeans" stuff.

He laughs off claims that he's a white supremacist or a Nazi. As far I can can see from these brief looks into his thoughts, he's seemingly a white/cultural separatist/preservationist/tribalist, and attracts people with stronger views than his own / look deranged.