The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Just so I'm clear, when it's pointed out that someone is supporting paedophiles Bishop Briggs reaction is not "oh that's terrible", instead it's "well he's not any worse than this guy"?  Pretty much sums the guy up.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just so I'm clear, when it's pointed out that someone is supporting paedophiles Bishop Briggs reaction is not "oh that's terrible", instead it's "well he's not any worse than this guy"?  Pretty much sums the guy up.

It's clear that Guy Verhofstadt, who wrote a book with somebody who wrote bad things 40 years ago (at a time when the Paedophile Information Exchange was a legal body in England and affiliated with the National Council for Civil Liberties), is much worse than Milo Yiannopoulos who defends adult men teaching children how to give good blow jobs, today.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just so I'm clear, when someone posts racist comments there's a clamour to get them banned but when someone wishes death on Trump it's acceptable.

Just now, kirkyblue2 said:

Just so I'm clear, when someone posts racist comments there's a clamour to get them banned but when someone wishes death on Trump it's acceptable.

I'd say it's not just acceptable but laudable.

The bishop made an appearance recently on a Rangers thread. He was possibly the worst poster in there.
He's maybe came out with a touch of 'whataboutery'

2 minutes ago, mjw said:

The bishop made an appearance recently on a Rangers thread. He was possibly the worst poster in there.
He's maybe came out with a touch of 'whataboutery'

Worst poster on a Rangers thread is a pretty damning indictment.

45 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not at all, just pointing out the rank hypocrisy and double standards. Cohn-Bendit is still an influential MEP.

Can you imagine the future if a Tory or UKIP MEP had made similar comments before being elected?

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's clear that Guy Verhofstadt, who wrote a book with somebody who wrote bad things 40 years ago (at a time when the Paedophile Information Exchange was a legal body in England and affiliated with the National Council for Civil Liberties), is much worse than Milo Yiannopoulos who defends adult men teaching children how to give good blow jobs, today.

So you think that the PIE was a reputable organisation? And you think that what Cohn-Bendit wrote was acceptable? And presumably, as it was decades ago, that Rolf Harris did nothing wrong?

The hypocrisy is nauseating.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

Not at all, just pointing out the rank hypocrisy and double standards. Cohn-Bendit is still an influential MEP. Can you imagine the future if a Tory or UKIP had make similar comments?

You had the opportunity in your post to condemn AND to make your point.  You chose not to do so.

10 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So you think that the PIE was a reputable organisation? And you think that what Cohn-Bendit wrote was acceptable? And presumably, as it was decades ago, that Rolf Harris did nothing wrong?

Not at all, but why were raising this 40 year old whataboutery to defend the awful Milo Yiannopoulos?

P.S. I'm not defending Cohn-Bendit, you're defending Milo by making out Verhofstadt is a beast as well, by association 40 years after.

Edited by welshbairn

Not defending the adult, but when a 13 year old gay dude has sex with an adult male is it closer to:

When the 13 year old male student has sex with his female teacher the initial male response is usually, "Where were these teachers when I was in high school?" or "Was she hot." We focus on the dude's perspective.

When the 13 year old female student has sex with her male teacher the initial male response is, "Lock that creep up." Again, we focus on the dude's perspective.

That math of focusing on the dude's perspective gets mixed up when it's two dudes.

Most straight guys who had a good sexual experience at 13 or 14 with an adult female would brag about it and remember it fondly.

That's different than justifying the behavior from the adult's perspective. You can still think it should be illegal in general and want the adults who behave in this way put in jail.

I didn't listen to the Milo interviews, so I'm not sure exactly what he said.

Just a thought.