The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Just now, Shades75 said:

It's Friday, It's early evening, you're back.  That means that there is a bottle open and there's a good chance you'll make a complete c**t of yourself by about 10-11pm.

I've had a couple of days in Brighton.  Must be 20 years since I've been and sadly no longer the louche place of Graham Greene's novel and more like Richmond sur Mer.  Looking at prices in estate agents' windows made my eyes water.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've had a couple of days in Brighton.  Must be 20 years since I've been and sadly no longer the louche place of Graham Greene's novel and more like Richmond sur Mer.  Looking at prices in estate agents' windows made my eyes water.

Nurse!!

24 minutes ago, mjw said:

Well that's been another corker of a press conference.
'Don't ask me about what I tweeted,talk to Fox'

Angela Merkel standing with a complete WTF look on her face.

Merkel should have worn one of these "I'm with stupid" t shirts.  Would have skooshed any future election.

39 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You may be less likely to have your throat slit by a teenager under the peer over an undelivered blow job, but it's a much more pleasant place to spend time between connecting flights at Gatwick.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

You may be less likely to have your throat slit by a teenager under the peer over an undelivered blow job, but it's a lot more pleasant place to spend time between connecting flights at Gatwick.

Now I know that Brighton has a salacious reputation (or had) but I will state I never met one single peer far less than being found under one.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Now I know that Brighton has a salacious reputation (or had) but I will state I never met one single peer far less than being found under one.

I choose to pretend that I was referring to Lord Boothby, a perfectly plausible alternative fact.

I give Trump 3 months before he jacks it in or Congress lose patience and impeach him. He must be realising how crap he is at the job, blagging doesn't work if your every word is examined and people don't fear your threats of court action. He's a 70 year old who doesn't give a shit about politics and just wants to play golf and to be in the news or TV once in a while. Poor Donny. :(

I don't care.
I'm just taking all the available information into account and forming an opinion.
It's Friday, It's early evening, you're back.  That means that there is a bottle open and there's a good chance you'll make a complete c**t of yourself by about 10-11pm.

You were close but it appears 9.39pm was this week's winning cuntery sweepstakes.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:35, The_Kincardine said:

Jesus.  GCHQ spying on Nicola and Eck making sense?  Only if you're a 'drain the swamp' nutter.

Over here the CIA was caught illegally spying on the Senate a few years back.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/10/cia-senate-investigation-constitutional-crisis-daniel-jones

Unbeknownst to Jones, Udall or Feinstein, the public reference to the Panetta Review so alarmed the CIA as to prompt a milestone event in its history. Since 2009, the CIA had maintained a firewalled network on which the Senate could view internal documents relevant to its torture inquiry. It was known as RDINet, for “rendition, detention and interrogation.” By mutual agreement, the CIA was not supposed to access the Senate’s side of the network for any reason aside from picayune IT help. But at least five agency officials would surreptitiously transgress the network firewalls, view the Senate investigators’ work, and reconstruct Jones’s emails. Their rationale, established in a subsequent internal investigation, was to determine if the Senate deliberately exploited an evident flaw in the architecture of the network to digitally acquire the Panetta Review – which they did not want the Senate to have.

It was an extreme step. After Congress overhauled the CIA in the 1970s, the agency was not supposed to spy on Americans domestically except in extremely circumscribed circumstances. Now it was turning its spywork onto the elected officials tasked with overseeing it.

. . .

On 16 January, according to CIA documents acquired through the Freedom of Information Act by Vice News’s Leopold, the agency called upon a digital unit called the Cyber Blue Team, which hunts for vulnerabilities in agency networks. The next day – the day Feinstein put her refusal to join an inquiry into her staff in writing to Brennan – Cyber Blue Team reviewed “forensically reconstructed emails” between Senate staffers only accessible on their side of RDINet. The team prepared a report that same day assessing the Senate use of the network, delivering it to “senior agency leadership” on 21 January.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/05/obama-cia-senate-intelligence-committee-torture

Obama knew CIA secretly monitored intelligence committee, senator claims

White House declines to comment after Mark Udall says agency spied on staffers preparing scathing report into CIA torture after 9/11

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/31/cia-admits-spying-senate-staffers

CIA admits to spying on Senate staffers

The director of the Central Intelligence Agency, John Brennan, issued an extraordinary apology to leaders of the US Senate intelligence committee on Thursday, conceding that the agency employees spied on committee staff and reversing months of furious and public denials.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 00:51, harry94 said:

Weren't you the one posting pictures of Obama trampling on the constitution a few months back?

And now these tin pot judges are doing the same. The US is supposed to be a democracy. The Constitution is mostly a procedural document (for instance, requiring that the President take care to enforce duly passed laws) with a few rights that require a supermajority to suspend tacked on at the end.

Obama was engaged in actively ignoring his duty to enforce the law and trying to micromanage school bathroom in every little town in America. Trump is attempting to uphold his Constitutional duty. Immigration and national security are clearly within the duties of the federal government and Trump is using his lawful power to fulfill his campaign promises. This judge in Hawaii actually wrote in his ruling on Trump's EO, which doesn't mention Muslims, that the EO is a Muslim ban and violates the 1st amendment rights of American Muslims because it might make them "feel badly" as one of his arguments for overturning the ban. If the democratically elected branches of government are not allowed to implement a short term travel ban on a handful of countries then we don't live in a self governing democracy anymore.

Edited by Deplorable

Obama was doing the opposite, he was trying to allow people with appropriate clothing using the bathroom without their genitals being checked out. Trump could have probably got the new rule though on his Muslim ban if he hadn't publicly declared it as a watered down version of his old one. The man's totally out of his depth.

Edited by welshbairn

Sure. I'd argue that promoting transgender ideology to kids is a dangerous idea, but I suppose reasonable people can disagree. The issue I was raising is why the President acting alone thinks it's his decision to design school bathroom policy? Does he have a law he can cite? Is there a part of the Constitution which gives the Executive power in that area? No. It's just a power grab, whether you agree with Obama or not on this issue.

I was pointing out why I think Obama's actions are different than Trump's from a Constitutional perspective. Immigration law is Constitutionally given to Congress. National security is given to the President. The Congress passed a law specifically delegating some of their immigration responsibility to the President on the grounds of national security. Everything that Trump is doing is procedurally in line with basic Constitutional norms.