The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

36 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

There's a slight irony that the poster named after Karl Marx is harping on about his civil liberties.

Unless he actually believes none of this and is just a mad troll.

Have you ever read Marx?

None of which he wrote bears in resemblance to what Stalin carried out.

True Marxism would help the poor and keep people level instead of the rich stomping all over us which happens now.

Trump just made a speech about Iran. The Saudi Princes will be dancing in their 7* brothels. Indeed they probably wrote it. Apparently Iran is responsible for Al Qaeda and the Taliban and 9/11. What a reverse factual payoff for projecting his picture onto sky scrapers in Riyadh and letting him play in a sword dance.

It's baffling when even a slight glance at the Middle East situation would show you that every terrorist group isn't funded from Tehran and the successes, as meagre and infrequent as they are, have come to an extent from working with the Iranians.

Trump just made a speech about Iran. The Saudi Princes will be dancing in their 7* brothels. Indeed they probably wrote it. Apparently Iran is responsible for Al Qaeda and the Taliban and 9/11. What a reverse factual payoff for projecting his picture onto sky scrapers in Riyadh and letting him play in a sword dance.

And five minutes later Netanyahu applauds Trumpers. Almost as if this week has been coordinated.

There can't be a single thinking person who thinks Trump's comments about Iran have any basis in reality.  It's actually at the point where it's comical how thorough he is in ensuring it's the complete opposite of the truth. 

Israel and Saudi Arabia are probably the only two countries in the world with which relations haven't worsened under Trump.. 

There can't be a single thinking person who thinks Trump's comments about Iran have any basis in reality.  It's actually at the point where it's comical how thorough he is in ensuring it's the complete opposite of the truth. 
Israel and Saudi Arabia are probably the only two countries in the world with which relations haven't worsened under Trump.. 

The issue, and it's what I'm hoping to eventually write my dissertation on haha, is that Trump is essentially laying bare the ludicrous hypocrisy of US foreign policy. I don't think he's largely deviating from the norm but his language is so unsubtle and unrefined that it's becoming much easier to see how morally bankrupt it is.

Imagine Donald Trump being interviewed by a non-sycophantic reporter and being asked about world affairs.

Just imagine that.

Arguably the most powerful politician in the world being exposed as a complete fraud who's understanding stretches no further than the last auto cue.

3 hours ago, KarlMarx said:

Have you ever read Marx?

None of which he wrote bears in resemblance to what Stalin carried out.

True Marxism would help the poor and keep people level instead of the rich stomping all over us which happens now.

Marxism led to communison which led to 100's of million deaths.

Only thing it gave to the poor was a grave.

The issue, and it's what I'm hoping to eventually write my dissertation on haha, is that Trump is essentially laying bare the ludicrous hypocrisy of US foreign policy. I don't think he's largely deviating from the norm but his language is so unsubtle and unrefined that it's becoming much easier to see how morally bankrupt it is.

He’s got no idea what foreign policy is, either in theory or practice. There is nothing underpinning his language other than, at best, madman theory. If we assume everything he tweets to be a distraction, then we are left at looking at his minimal statements for some kind of coherent worldview. He contradicts himself on a daily basis, or at least on the days he isn’t playing golf.

I’m fairly sure it isn’t nihilism, but he clearly has no idea how nuclear deterrence works, for a start. In fact, I’d guess Trump has zero influence on foreign policy. So then you look at his advisors and it’s a basic neoliberal agenda with free market at the heart of absolutely everything, and traditional realist practice. The trouble is, Trump’s constant bullshit prevents his policy practitioners from doing their job. The reason Tillerson is so quiet is because he can’t do his job, even were he remotely qualified. Which he isn’t.