The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

52 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Soros is a dodgy c**t to be honest. He's spent billions transforming the liberal left into the "progressive" left. Which is really just an authoritarian left that wants to silence those with alternative view points.

Does he use the contrails to silence other views?

11 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

So are we just going to pretend that the de-liberalization of the left isn't a thing?

Only if you pay attention to daft American students. I don't see how Soros is responsible for numpty students behaving like numpty students always have.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Only if you pay attention to daft American students. I don't see how Soros is responsible for numpty students behaving like numpty students always have.

By altering the rhetoric of the politicians that lead the parties. Politicians will do anything for money and this is no different. They've successfully built up a culture of people being offended by anything and everything that doesn't chime with the politicial narrative that they're putting out. They then use it as leverage to ban alternative view points.

All these lefties getting a fat monthly cheque from wee Dode and I'm not seeing one red cent.
Email me, George. x

I only post on here because Soros pays me.
#BLM #metoo #imwithher #bluewave #resist #impeach

Us three when the Soros money rolls in

8838715C-83C4-498F-A9E6-C4B1207EDDB0-6302-000007D7A68AC33B.jpg

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

By altering the rhetoric of the politicians that lead the parties. Politicians will do anything for money and this is no different. They've successfully built up a culture of people being offended by anything and everything that doesn't chime with the politicial narrative that they're putting out. They then use it as leverage to ban alternative view points.

The liberal left have always shown zero tolerance for racists, there's just seems to be more of them about these days and they feel empowered by the likes of Trump and Orban. While you have the likes of the Kochs and Mercers funding the right I'm delighted Soros is still doing his bit for liberalism. The conspiracy theories about him are just thinly veiled anti semitic paranoia.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The liberal left have always shown zero tolerance for racists, there's just seems to be more of them about these days and they feel empowered by the likes of Trump and Orban. While you have the likes of the Kochs and Mercers funding the right I'm delighted Soros is still doing his bit for liberalism. The conspiracy theories about him are just thinly veiled anti semitic paranoia.

In a liberal society, you tolerate all points of view, regardless of how different. Intolerance to intolerance is still intolerance. All of this "you're a racist", "you're an anti-semite", "you're a nazi", you're a fascist".... etc, is all part of the de-liberalization narrative. It's designed to make people feel guilty for not toeing the official line. More and more people are becoming aware of this and that's why more and more people are starting to say things that you wouldn't expect them to say.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

In a liberal society, you tolerate all points of view, regardless of how different. Intolerance to intolerance is still intolerance. All of this "you're a racist", "you're an anti-semite", "you're a nazi", you're a fascist".... etc, is all part of the de-liberalization narrative. It's designed to make people feel guilty for not toeing the official line. More and more people are becoming aware of this and that's why more and more people are starting to say things that you wouldn't expect them to say.

What's changed? Racism and fascist ideology has been condemned by most for as long as I remember. The only difference now is they're getting legitimized by relatively mainstream politicians and media outlets.  

Just now, welshbairn said:

What's changed? Racism and fascist ideology has been condemned by most for as long as I remember. The only difference now is they're getting legitimized by relatively mainstream politicians and media outlets.  

The very definition of racism and fascism has changed over time. They used to be defined very specifically, which applied to very specific situations. However, the terms have became increasingly more loose in their meaning over the years. So much so to the point that it's almost impossible not to be considered a racist or a fascist by somebody else.

For example, the mere mention of curving migration numbers to keep a stable economy is met with "racist". The mere mention of Israel's behaviour towards the Palestinian people is met with "anti-semite". The mere mention of feminism causing more harm than good is met with "sexist".

You're no longer allowed to question the things that actually matter. The real issues impacting everybodies lives are not allowed to be spoken about or challenged. We've just to shut up and accept the official narrative and direction we're being taken in.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

So are we just going to pretend that the de-liberalization of the left isn't a thing?

I've never pretended to be liberal tbf. Wishy washy cretins that can't pick a side, imo. Partick fans, if you will.

Edited by JamieThomas

6 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The very definition of racism and fascism has changed over time. They used to be defined very specifically, which applied to very specific situations. However, the terms have became increasingly more loose in their meaning over the years. So much so to the point that it's almost impossible not to be considered a racist or a fascist by somebody else.

For example, the mere mention of curving migration numbers to keep a stable economy is met with "racist". The mere mention of Israel's behaviour towards the Palestinian people is met with "anti-semite". The mere mention of feminism causing more harm than good is met with "sexist".

You're no longer allowed to question the things that actually matter. The real issues impacting everybodies lives are not allowed to be spoken about or challenged. We've just to shut up and accept the official narrative and direction we're being taken in.

You're not even allowed to argue for fair governance and an independent judiciary anymore without being accused of being bribed by Soros. Meanwhile there's never been a better time to be a fascist/nazi/racist, take your pick. Tommy Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon Robinson is planning an American tour that will set him up for life.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You're not even allowed to argue for fair governance and an independent judiciary anymore without being accused of being bribed by Soros.

Fairness is subjective. Your idea of what's fair isn't necessarily somebody elses idea. There can never be "fair governance".

I’m a long-term optimist.  I have this unfounded belief that somehow in 50 years time the world will be a better place with more civilised societies.

If this comes to pass people will look back at the (one term) Trump administration with a mixture of shock, disbelief and controlled hysteria.  They will ask one another “How did this happen?  How come things got so fucked up that they elected this guy?”

Of course maybe in 50 years you will all be living in dystopian hell that can be traced back right to 2016.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m a long-term optimist.  I have this unfounded belief that somehow in 50 years time the world will be a better place with more civilised societies.

If this comes to pass people will look back at the (one term) Trump administration with a mixture of shock, disbelief and controlled hysteria.  They will ask one another “How did this happen?  How come things got so fucked up that they elected this guy?”

Of course maybe in 50 years you will all be living in dystopian hell that can be traced back right to 2016.

In 50 years time, the human sense of consciousness will be dead and replaced with AI. They're already chipping peoples brains and it'll be a mandatory "upgrade" by 2030.

Edited by BawWatchin

Just now, BawWatchin said:

In 50 years time, the human sense of consciousness will be dead and replaced with AI. They're already chipping peoples brains and it'll be mandatory "upgrade" by 2030.

Can’t see anyone chipping your brain.