The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m not quite sure what that means, but Beto’s operating in Texas, which is as polarised a state as you’ll find in the US.

Mayor Pete is nowhere near as conservative. Politically there’s a fair bit of ideological difference between them, I’d say. 

They are aimed at middle class hipsters.

Beto is tilted towards sexually frustrated married women and Mayor Pete is zeroing in on guys who take themselves very, very seriously.

Edited by Detournement

The way Gabbard is covered in the media tells you a lot about how it works to form and maintain a narrative. You have a US congresswoman and presidential candidate openly saying the US government has been supporting al-Qaeda, which should be kind of a big deal considering what every American associates al-Qaeda with, but instead of this being discussed it's all - aye but she was anti-gay 20 years ago, she's Assad's pal etc. She has every reason to be sceptical about the Syrian conflict, and actually going over there to investigate herself puts her in a more credible position to have an opinion than 99% of her critics.

The central message of non-interventionism is a broad issue. It's not just about the needless deaths of millions of people and the domestic economic impact of the trillions of dollars blown, it has directly led to the failure of states, domestic terrorism, the European migrant crisis, and the resulting surge in support for right wing populist types. It seems opposing this kind of thing isn't a winner in political circles and is seen as career suicide, hence the lack of public backing from prominent Dems. From the commentary I see on twitter, she has plenty of support from Democrats, Republicans and Libertarian types, the common denominator being an anti-war tendency.

I'm not suggesting for a minute she has any chance, but it's good to see her in the debates so there's at least one candidate saying something remotely different to the rest.

Daft Donnie has now gone across the great divide, where no other American President has ever gone and feck me unlike any previous President he still hasn't escalated or started a war.

What the feck is wrong with the guy?

Is he listening to the advice of Chance the gardener?

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Apparently when Putin was talking about the death of Western liberal democracy, Trump thought he meant California. 

California is politically split geographically as Nocal and Socal, Ronald Reagan made it to the presidency from his Californian Republican Governship but since then the state has been predominantly Democrat though there are major Republican pockets in the north, the oddball was the Republican election of Schwarzenegger back in 2004?.

It is a common view in the US that California is the most socially liberal state, San Francisco when we lived there was easy going and laid back but plagued with street bums who had migrated from the colder states, however much has changed there since the mid nineties  when the Tech companies stopped bussing personnel out to the valley and moved their businesses into the city thereby creating high property prices and driving the artistic crowd up north.

Trump could never identify with California having swung between both parties over the years plus he is viewed as a committed New Yorker. So there is no doubt that the Daft lad thought Putin meant California.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Daft Donnie has now gone across the great divide, where no other American President has ever gone and feck me unlike any previous President he still hasn't escalated or started a war.

What the feck is wrong with the guy?

Is he listening to the advice of Chance the gardener?

Greenie for ‘Being There’ reference.

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

San Francisco when we lived there was easy going and laid back but plagued with street bums who had migrated from the colder states, however much has changed there since the mid nineties.

I can confirm this is still the case. We were there last Christmas and were shocked at the state of the place.

On 30/06/2019 at 11:21, SandyCromarty said:

, San Francisco when we lived there was easy going and laid back but plagued with street bums who had migrated from the colder states,

On 30/06/2019 at 11:34, Zetterlund said:

I can confirm this is still the case. We were there last Christmas and were shocked at the state of the place.

"I've been to San Francicsco" thread for this sort of pish.