The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Some clips I missed from Trump's Fox interview, interspersed with a really annoying commentator. He's really lost his mojo, comes over as a frightened old man. I didn't realise that he's called for the death sentence for drug dealers, and he ends up bigging up the Chinese Communists who are supposed to be supplying most of America's fentanyl.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Some clips I missed from Trump's Fox interview, interspersed with a really annoying commentator. He's really lost his mojo, comes over as a frightened old man. I didn't realise that he's called for the death sentence for drug dealers, and he ends up bigging up the Chinese Communists who are supposed to be supplying most of America's fentanyl.

He thought Duterte was great, didn't he?

Admittedly he thinks any "strong man" is great, but that's probably where he got the execution idea from. That, and he's always liked the idea of killing people - he's still refused to acknowledge that the Central Park Five were innocent, despite running ads demanding their execution at the time.

3 hours ago, Herc said:

Executing high level drug dealers isn't the worst idea in the world imo.

I think the Sacklers are pretty safe regardless.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

No matter how idiotic and unsuccessful the War on Drugs is proven to be, there'll always be a politician desperate enough to double down on it.

You can understand why Trump would be so keen on same-day executions, considering that guilt is a secondary consideration for him (and the justice system in general, TBF).

On 24/06/2023 at 14:57, Herc said:

He'll still be able to get Rudy to defend him surely ?

Not licensed in Florida…suspended license in New York…too bad, so sad.

Edited to add: There is a theory that this case is carefully designed to get Trump to take the stand. No sane lawyer would allow Trump to take the stand, and the judge would likely have to allow the lawyers to withdraw from the case if Trump insisted upon testifying against their advise…which would then result in a delay until, in all likelihood, a public defender (poor sod) was finally ordered to represent him, because as just can’t see any hirable lawyer signing on knowing Trump was going to the stand. It just might delay the trial until after the election…then we might see the spectacle of an attempted self-pardon.

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Not licensed in Florida…suspended license in New York…too bad, so sad.

Edited to add: There is a theory that this case is carefully designed to get Trump to take the stand. No sane lawyer would allow Trump to take the stand, and the judge would likely have to allow the lawyers to withdraw from the case if Trump insisted upon testifying against their advise…which would then result in a delay until, in all likelihood, a public defender (poor sod) was finally ordered to represent him, because as just can’t see any hirable lawyer signing on knowing Trump was going to the stand. It just might delay the trial until after the election…then we might see the spectacle of an attempted self-pardon.

I don’t see Trump becoming President again.

It looks like Trump never issued a “standing order” regarding the declassification of documents.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-standing-order-declassify-doj-odni-found-no-record-1234781140/

It looks like he lied which really surprises me!

1 minute ago, StellarHibee said:

No?

Fair enough.

In other news Clarence Thomas is one of the most vile people in US society, and there’s lots of competition for that dubious honour.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Fair enough.

In other news Clarence Thomas is one of the most vile people in US society, and there’s lots of competition for that dubious honour.

Bet he doesn't order expensive steaks to be burned to a crisp, then pour ketchup on them.