The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

49 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Wonder if his lawyers have even tried to have a word with him?

They must shit themselves every time he opens his mouth in case he says something that proves they've been lying to the judge.

2 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Wonder if his lawyers have even tried to have a word with him?

He doesn’t listen to his lawyers.  Why should he, he’s far smarter than they are. (Irony).

There are former lawyers who have stated/heavily hinted that his unwillingness to listen to advice has been a major factor in them resigning.  He is apparently in thrall to Boris Epshteyn who is running his legal defence ‘strategies’, Trump likes him because Epshteyn only tells Trump what he wants to hear; a big problem for those lawyers to actually have to appear in court.

Edited by Granny Danger

When I've seen Trump being interviewed recently it looks like he's lost a lot of the fire in his belly which made him such a formidable foe. Probably a combination of age and being worn out. It must be exhausting being him.

5 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

When I've seen Trump being interviewed recently it looks like he's lost a lot of the fire in his belly which made him such a formidable foe. Probably a combination of age and being worn out. It must be exhausting being him.

Yup, he was pleading for sympathy in that Fox interview, before it would have been rapid fire bombast and not giving a f**k.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Wouldn’t it be great if he croaked it mid interview?

44 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Wouldn’t it be great if he croaked it mid interview?

No, for the same reason it would've been great to see Hitler live to a ripe old age; so they had to watch the world realise what utter c***s they are, be mocked mercilessly, and not get their way from behind bars.

Fantasy, I know, but these are the thoughts that get you through the day.

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

No, for the same reason it would've been great to see Hitler live to a ripe old age; so they had to watch the world realise what utter c***s they are, be mocked mercilessly, and not get their way from behind bars.

Fantasy, I know, but these are the thoughts that get you through the day.

I’d prefer 100% croaking to x% chance of going to jail and, even worse, y% chance of becoming President again.

Ideally he'll have a stroke midsentence in an interview or primary, get a glazed look, pull his toadstool out and start chugging away, live on primetime.

Edited by welshbairn

So Trump’s valet and co-defendant was finally arraigned after managing to get a lawyer licensed to practice in Florida to represent him.

I’m sure Sasha Dadan’s extensive experience in DUIs, petty crime and family disputes will be invaluable when dealing with charges of mishandling of classified documents.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d prefer 100% croaking to x% chance of going to jail and, even worse, y% chance of becoming President again.

Aye, but we're both fantasising, so I'll go with the fantasy where he has time to ponder his irrelevance to humanity, rather than the one where he's never convicted, has his reputation burnished to legendary status, and becomes a beloved martyr for generations of wealthy fascists to come.

I'm not a monster; he's free to die after he's been made miserable.

3 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Aye, but we're both fantasising, so I'll go with the fantasy where he has time to ponder his irrelevance to humanity, rather than the one where he's never convicted, has his reputation burnished to legendary status, and becomes a beloved martyr for generations of wealthy fascists to come.

I'm not a monster; he's free to die after he's been made miserable.

Not really a fantasy.  His diet, lack of exercise and stress levels must make him a candidate for a stroke.  Given his penchant for publicity it could well happen in front of a camera.

On 07/07/2023 at 07:50, welshbairn said:

Ideally he'll have a stroke midsentence in an interview or primary, get a glazed look, pull his toadstool out and start chugging away, live on primetime.

Nah, that’d probably increase his chance of reelection. The R’s would combine behind him while having WW3 behind the scenes to decide who got to control him.

On 07/07/2023 at 08:43, Granny Danger said:

So Trump’s valet and co-defendant was finally arraigned after managing to get a lawyer licensed to practice in Florida to represent him.

I’m sure Sasha Dadan’s extensive experience in DUIs, petty crime and family disputes will be invaluable when dealing with charges of mishandling of classified documents.

The hilarity that is likely to ensure while these morons get classified clearance, if they can, and attempt to run a coherent defence with Trump running his mouth, is likely to be golden. Dollars to donuts while Dadan can easily get a clearance, while Trump’s lawyers will struggle to get cleared. Also, Dadan is actually a pretty good catch for Walt, in that she’s got experience in dealing with classified materials and their handling regulations. She can make him understand just how f**ked he’s about to be when DJT throws him under the bus.

The next huge news to come out will be when Trump fires Nauta, against his lawyers advise, while failing to consider that Walt might well then squeal to the Fed’s in an attempt to avoid prison.

Trump’s lawyers want the espionage case postponed until after the 2024 election.  When asked what exact date they wanted the trial they apparently invoked the Johnny Mathis approach.

It will be interesting to see how Aileen Cannon responds.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump’s lawyers want the espionage case postponed until after the 2024 election.  When asked what exact date they wanted the trial they apparently invoked the Johnny Mathis approach.

It will be interesting to see how Aileen Cannon responds.

The way they phrased the request, questioning the ability to set any date pending discovery and related issues, suggests they will try to draw out the clearance process and discovery in the hopes of a Trump win. Might backfire, as even Cannon will be under pressure to move things forward, as is customary in the South Florida District.

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The way they phrased the request, questioning the ability to set any date pending discovery and related issues, suggests they will try to draw out the clearance process and discovery in the hopes of a Trump win. Might backfire, as even Cannon will be under pressure to move things forward, as is customary in the South Florida District.

18th July next hearing.  One of Nauta’s lawyers apparently not even filed in the forms for security clearance.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

18th July next hearing.  One of Nauta’s lawyers apparently not even filed in the forms for security clearance.

Probably didn't cover that in his online ambulance chasing course. Having said that it would be Hollywood if he's got a struggling but crafty local lawyer who gets him off scotfree by grassing on Trump who gets 20 years hard labour. 

Edited by welshbairn

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Probably didn't cover that in his online ambulance chasing course. Having said that it would be Hollywood if he's got a struggling but crafty local lawyer who gets him off scotfree by grassing on Trump who gets 20 years hard labour. 

Don’t see him turning but I’d imagine Jack Smith would offer him total immunity if he rolled on Trump.

39 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The forms you fill out for a security clearance are a nightmare, especially if you have any overseas relatives. It’s almost deliberately written to allow then to “catch” you on very minor inconsistencies…which would be well and good if it genuinely mattered in all cases, but since the vast majority of requests are for Secret or For Official Use Only (FOUO) clearance, essentially pointless. The funniest bit was when, for the circa 2010 changes in process, they demanded the investigators reviewed all passports, and the cancelled passports, of the applicant. Many people didn’t have the cancelled ones, and those with them were spending hours with an investigator, peering at faded or unclear entry stamps, trying to recall details from years or decades ago.

24 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The forms you fill out for a security clearance are a nightmare, especially if you have any overseas relatives. It’s almost deliberately written to allow then to “catch” you on very minor inconsistencies…which would be well and good if it genuinely mattered in all cases, but since the vast majority of requests are for Secret or For Official Use Only (FOUO) clearance, essentially pointless. The funniest bit was when, for the circa 2010 changes in process, they demanded the investigators reviewed all passports, and the cancelled passports, of the applicant. Many people didn’t have the cancelled ones, and those with them were spending hours with an investigator, peering at faded or unclear entry stamps, trying to recall details from years or decades ago.

If his lawyers aren’t up to filling out the forms then he’s in serious shit.