The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

I take it using "Communist" as an insult became too laughable in America, so some bright spark decided that they'd use "Marxist" in the same way, despite nobody even knowing what a Marxist is. Hadn't occurred to me before, but I guess all the Americans terrified of the Red Menace in the Fifties probably didn't even know what a Communist was either.

They need to start making more of those public information films about shadowy Communists Marxists lurking around schools and stalking young women. Bonus points if the "Marxists" have a big nose and wear a kippah.

From the same era, videos like this were shown in US schools:

This history partly explains why the recent "groomer" stuff (which was DeSantis not Trump, it should be said) caught on so easily with Republican voters.

14 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

From the same era, videos like this were shown in US schools:

This history partly explains why the recent "groomer" stuff (which was DeSantis not Trump, it should be said) caught on so easily with Republican voters.

It's just so depressingly familiar. A minority getting uppity and demanding to be treated like "normal" folk? Lock up your wives and children, they're gonnae shag ye!

Meanwhile, don't ask who kids and women are more likely to be abused by, by quite some distance...

With a population like this, I reckon Trump is a shoe-in to regain the Presidency...

"American's belief in angels (69%) is about on par with belief in heaven and the power of prayer, but bested by belief in God or a higher power (79%). Fewer US adults believe in the devil or Satan (56%), astrology (34%), reincarnation (34%), and that physical things can have spiritual energies, such as plants, rivers or crystals (42%)."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-belief-angels-poll-devil-b2384233.html

Folk will believe anything.  The world is Donald Ducked.

Trump saying that Congress should not support any further aid to Ukraine unless the White House ‘cooperates’ with requests for information relating to Hunter Biden.  He’s also saying that GOP Congressmen who don’t support this approach should be challenged in the primaries.

The ‘mob boss’ comparison could not be more accurate.

How did the Republican Party manage to get themselves into such a mess that one deranged individual is calling all the shots?

19 hours ago, BTFD said:

I take it using "Communist" as an insult became too laughable in America, so some bright spark decided that they'd use "Marxist" in the same way, despite nobody even knowing what a Marxist is. Hadn't occurred to me before, but I guess all the Americans terrified of the Red Menace in the Fifties probably didn't even know what a Communist was either.

They need to start making more of those public information films about shadowy Communists Marxists lurking around schools and stalking young women. Bonus points if the "Marxists" have a big nose and wear a kippah.

Je suis Marxiste, tendence Groucho.

On 29/07/2023 at 17:19, BTFD said:

Well, after being blatantly Anti-Jewish became less fashionable, they moved to Anti-Communiust (plus tossing any of those uppity Black folks into the Communist category, extending the usefulness) as the preferred external threat. After the fall of the USSR, they needed a new bogeyman, and found it in the “Illegal Immigrants”, a dying bonus from the Soviets political involvement in Central America. That all morphed into the War on Terror and has now slid into the Anti-Marxist/Anti-Liberal bent of the Republican Party.

Trumps leadership PAC (Political Action Committee) now shown to have spent over $40,000,000 on legal fees for Trump and related defendants in multiple court cases. Seems to be clear this campaign is as much about raising tax free money to pay lawyers as it is about running for President.

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Trumps leadership PAC (Political Action Committee) now shown to have spent over $40,000,000 on legal fees for Trump and related defendants in multiple court cases. Seems to be clear this campaign is as much about raising tax free money to pay lawyers as it is about running for President.

Top notch talent like Alina Habba doesn’t come cheap.

Her defence in the latest indictment of conspiring to destroy/withhold evidence is that said evidence was eventually handed over so everything’s OK.  That must be work $2,000 per hour minimum.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Top notch talent like Alina Habba doesn’t come cheap.

Her defence in the latest indictment of conspiring to destroy/withhold evidence is that said evidence was eventually handed over so everything’s OK.  That must be work $2,000 per hour minimum.

That's a cracker. Wish I had the balls to try it.

"Yes, I robbed the bank, but I returned all of the money I stole as soon as I heard the police sirens outside my house. I don't see why I'm still being prosecuted for this."

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

This piece of shit dead yet?

I fully expect Granny Danger to outlive us all.

6 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Fucking hell, he must be bricking it if he’s actually paying them. 

TBF, he's got no problem paying lawyers with other people's money.

Trump charged.

Former US President Donald Trump has been charged with conspiracy to defraud the US, witness tampering, and conspiracy against the rights of citizens in an effort to overturn 2020 election result.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-66248859

6 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

I read somewhere that in Washington DC, unlike Florida, there’s a built in ‘restriction’ that will stop him from making outrageous statements about the prosecutor and others once he’s charged.  Ignoring that restriction could lead to contempt proceedings.

I hope he ignores the restriction.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I read somewhere that in Washington DC, unlike Florida, there’s a built in ‘restriction’ that will stop him from making outrageous statements about the prosecutor and others once he’s charged.  Ignoring that restriction could lead to contempt proceedings.

I hope he ignores the restriction.

He has the arrogance etc to do so.

He is almost the gift that keeps on giving.