The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

See when they talk about the "classified section" what are they talking about? Why is there some stuff they can talk about in open setting but some has to be closed?

Can't reveal methods or sources - especially in an open investigation. It could put someone's life in danger.

I imagine Trump's team will seize on the slating of the news (particularly the New York Times) that a few committee members and Comey himself have went into here. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

20 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

See when they talk about the "classified section" what are they talking about? Why is there some stuff they can talk about in open setting but some has to be closed?

There is a special counsel current investigation into the conduct of the Trump administration.  Anything which pertains to an ongoing legal investigation cannot be broadcast.  

Edited by Savage Henry

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Does John McCain know WTF he's on about? He seems to think the FBI was investigating Russian links with Clinton :lol:

He eventually corrected himself and changed it to President Comey.

Meh.

The Russian thing seems to be a lot of fuss over nothing.
I'm sure any influence the Russians had was peripheral. Clinton lost due to the Democrats own failings.
The Dems were looking for a smoking gun to impeach Trump with and it's not Russia.

I'd also add that Trump's policies are Republican policies. Why does he get a harder time than guys like Paul Ryan?

49 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Meh.

The Russian thing seems to be a lot of fuss over nothing.
I'm sure any influence the Russians had was peripheral. Clinton lost due to the Democrats own failings.
The Dems were looking for a smoking gun to impeach Trump with and it's not Russia.

I'd also add that Trump's policies are Republican policies. Why does he get a harder time than guys like Paul Ryan?

1. The FBI Director was fired in order to change the direction of the Russian investigation.  That's not a fuss over nothing.  Flynn will almost certainly be in jail by the end of the year.  Kushner could well join him, and there's a major investigation into the behaviour of the Attorney General.  These are not non-issues.   Trump was painted in the worst possible light.  Again, not a small issue.

2. There was never any accusation that the Russians changed the result, or that Trump was ever under investigation.  You've fallen for the Republican line.  Clinton lost because she was an awful candidate.  It's only partisan party blowhards who think otherwise.  A lot of the Louise Mensch mob were breathless yesterday, I completely agree with you there.

3. I'm not sure what you think you were watching.  This is a public enquiry.  Impeachment will not come from anything mentioned today in public.  Democrats do not impeach.  Republicans do.  But either way, this was never, ever about impeachment.  It was about open government.  

4. It is not Republican party policy to conduct unsolicited and unmonitored back channelled communications with Moscow.  It wasn't Paul Ryan who tried to bargain with the director of the FBI to drop an investigation, and sacked him when he refused.  Trump's healthcare reform will more than likely be rejected by the house.  It's not Republican Party policy at all.

5.  Trump's external lawyer appears to be staggeringly incompetent.

This is one of the most remarkable days in US political history.  Meh?  Really?  

The next big thing will be if Flynn starts talking to protect himself, and says that Trump told him to tell Russia that he'd scrap the sanctions, on the same day that Obama announced more punitive measures for their efforts to disrupt the election. It was noticeable how little defence Trump got today from Republican Senators, I'm sure a lot of them would much prefer President Pence. If he continues to majorly f**k up International Relations with insane tweets or any more dirt comes out, I don't think impeachment is at all unlikely.