The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

McCain says he blew the questioning because he was up late last night watching sport, baseball I think. 

He said he was up late watching the diamonbacks. Whether he meant the baseball team, or actual snakes crawling around the inside of his eyelids, is unclear at this time.

The McCain questioning was nuts. I was listening on the radio at the time and had to watch it today just for the lolz. Here it is in glorious technicolour for anyone who missed it:

23 hours ago, mjw said:

Oh dear..
MSNBC reporting White House sources says Trump "may not have known" the US has troops based in Qatar.

He just "double downed" on Qatar being a sponsor of terror and said that as he is great friends with the Saudi ruler he's backing him. Maybe nobody's told him about the huge US airbase, 8-12000 military personnel and that Qatar is the only country trying to mediate the Sunni/Shia civil war, and that Saudi has funded most extreme preachers around the world, and armed most of the Jihadis.

He just "double downed" on Qatar being a sponsor of terror and said that as he is great friends with the Saudi ruler he's backing him. Maybe nobody's told him about the huge US airbase, 8-12000 military personnel and that Qatar is the only country trying to mediate the Sunni/Shia civil war, and that Saudi has funded most extreme preachers around the world, and armed most of the Jihadis.

Meanwhile Rex Tillerson is trying sort the mess out behind the scenes.

The McCain questioning was nuts. I was listening on the radio at the time and had to watch it today just for the lolz. Here it is in glorious technicolour for anyone who missed it:

That's absolutely unreal.

I only saw a couple if clips from the hearing - but that is truly unreal.

Being a bit dull I've been flicking through the US news channels for his Qatar interventions and saying that Iran deserved the IS attack, bigly stirring up the Saudi Iran proxy regional civil war and risking trouble for the biggest US base in the Middle East. Next to nothing. The Trump reality show is dictating the agenda. Meanwhile Bannon is quietly blowing up the world order. Not the one that is ruled by lizards, the one that tries to minimise the risks of shit hitting the fan.

Edited by welshbairn

Doesn't look like he's doing a closed-door session afterwards?

Could mean genuine fireworks, or he could just constantly say 'I don't recall', 'to the best of my knowledge' and plead the Fifth.

On 2017-6-12 at 22:12, mjw said:

That footage from his cabinet meeting today would give you the boak.
A pathetic little man with the world's most fragile ego.

Kim Jong Un would be embarrassed.

On 6/12/2017 at 21:10, Paco said:

Doesn't look like he's doing a closed-door session afterwards?

Could mean genuine fireworks, or he could just constantly say 'I don't recall', 'to the best of my knowledge' and plead the Fifth.

Spooky.  However could you have known?  ^^^ James Comey found.

On 6/13/2017 at 00:12, mjw said:

That footage from his cabinet meeting today would give you the boak.
A pathetic little man with the world's most fragile ego.

It was genuinely painful.  I honestly think he might have mental problems.

11 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Two weeks ago: signs $110 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia.

One week later: accuses Qatar of supporting terrorism, backs Saudi blockade, claims it was his idea.

Today: signs $12 billion sale of 36 F-15s to Qatar :lol:

He's either hypocritical as hell, or an absolute moron.  Either way, he's unfit for office. 

Despite the shooting of a Republican politician yesterday the annual charity match between the democrats and republicans is going ahead.
Trump made a call for unity earlier.

Now he's back to tweeting about 'crooked Hillary'