The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

How the f**k is criticising Clinton misogynistic? Does that apply to any female politician, including Thatcher and that Burmese bigot?

Fucking hell, absolutely dripping with misogyny.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

She went to the country with lots of well thought out tweaks to the status quo that would have made a difference, but only policy wonks could  understand. Candidates need a grand idea or just a slogan that resonates, she was above all that and was a dreary communicator.  Her whole campaign ended up about getting the anti Trump vote out and she did herself massive harm by referring to people inclining towards Trump as deplorables. How to make someone's mind up not to vote for you. There was also that she represented a continuation of the Bush and Clinton dynasties. Just about any other Democrat would have annihilated Trump.

Arguably an even bigger mistake was her attack on the alt-right. It united a disparate group of trolls, misogos, racists etc into the potent weapon it became for Trump. 

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Arguably an even bigger mistake was her attack on the alt-right. It united a disparate group of trolls, misogos, racists etc into the potent weapon it became for Trump. 

I doubt the alt-right could swing their own dicks far less an election, without Russian support. They were basically co-opted by the Kremlin. I'm ordering my tin hat right now, don't worry...

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I doubt the alt-right could swing their own dicks far less an election, without Russian support. They were basically co-opted by the Kremlin. I'm ordering my tin hat right now, don't worry...

I think in 20 years we will look back and give memes their due. Good thing the left in Britain are much better at generating memes for the Absolute Boy than whatever Rees nonce cringe the Tories are creating.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think in 20 years we will look back and give memes their due. Good thing the left in Britain are much better at generating memes for the Absolute Boy than whatever Rees nonce cringe the Tories are creating.

There's that British firm doing psychometric manipulation on Facebook as well, but I doubt the internet is as influential as we addicts think.

An ESPN host name Jamele Hill has caused a bit of controversy by calling Trump a "white supremacist." Her bosses talked to her, but there was no punishment. ESPN has made a recent habit of firing or suspending conservative hosts who offer controversial political opinions. 

Fox Sports host Clay Travis was on Fake News CNN to talk about the situation. Hilarity ensues.

This guy caused a bit of controversy locally a few years back by writing this about our main football fanbase: 

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-ten-dumbest-fan-bases-in-america-8-west-virginia-080813/

Its all been a a handy distraction to the fact that your Ann Coulter's and Sean hannitys and laura Ingram's etc.. have all been throwing the toys out because Trump has turned his back on the 12% of Americans who want to deport the 'dreamers'

Has Hannity turned his back on Trumpy boy?  I give it about a week.  Genuinely the stupidest man on Fox News, and that includes Carson Tucker, who I gather struggles to spell his own name.

He's more upset at the republican party for driving him into the arms of the Democrats.
The tide is definitely turning though as the right wing media realise they backed an independent President.

Was thinking more along the lines of the quick question thread over on general nonsense.  It's pure, full of wisdom and knowledge.  I refer to it almost daily to see what other delightful insight and answers to life's problems it contains. 

Kick her in the pie, wind the windows down and turn the heating up full blast sorts out most of life's problems tbf.

Hillary Clinton recounting a conversation with Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg:

"Sheryl ended this really sobering conversation by saying that women will have no empathy for you, because they will be under tremendous pressure - and I'm talking principally about white women - they will be under tremendous pressure from fathers and husbands and boyfriends and male employers not to vote for 'the girl.'"

:lol::lol::lol:

Is this really how our elite females think normal white women think?

How out of touch can you be with the internal dynamics and economic interests of normal families and still think you should be President?

34 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Donald Trump isn't exactly full of brains either though to be fair.  Who would you like to be president?

I think he wants Trumpy because somehow replacing career diplomats with oil and weapons executives is "draining the swamp".

5 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Donald Trump isn't exactly full of brains either though to be fair.  Who would you like to be president?

So, I think Donald Trump is funny and he entertains me. Beyond politics that's worth something to my every day life. I recognize that what I find funny hurts his personal popularity, which in turn hurts the chances of  his policies. I'm not sure whether I should prioritize my own personal entertainment, or the policies I believe in. If I chose my policies I'd obviously like a more professional person and maybe someone a little more ideological. I think Trump is instinctively a nationalist and a patriot who believes that the US government should put the interests of ordinary American citizens first. That said, I don't completely trust him. I can't say who I'd want to be President specifically. I can't think of anyone I don't have certain reservations about to a certain extent, just like Trump. Rand Paul seems a little soft of multiculturalism and doesn't prioritize immigration. His dad was great on those topics, but I can't begin to understand his economic arguments and whether they made sense or they would collapse the economy. Rudy Giuliani was soft on immigration. Pat Buchanan was too conservative on social issues. From a pure government competence perspective I think former Indiana governor and current Purdue University President Mitch Daniels would be great, but again I'm not sure where he'd stand on trade and immigration which are my two biggest issues.