The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, Johnstoun said:

So Roy denies it, and it isn't behaviour he'd view as normal and the women are all liars and he's going to sue, but also it's OK to f**k kids because they do it in the bible?

The bible is the literal word of the one one true god.  How dare you question it.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The bible is the literal word of the one one true god.  How dare you question it.

But it's so fucking confusing! If it's OK to f**k kids (bible says so) then why does Roy deny it, since he's then bearing false witness and should be executed? And that's before we get to whether he wears mixed fabrics or eats shellfish...

13 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

But it's so fucking confusing! If it's OK to f**k kids (bible says so) then why does Roy deny it, since he's then bearing false witness and should be executed? And that's before we get to whether he wears mixed fabrics or eats shellfish...

I reckon he's fucking kids whilst wearing mixed fabrics and eating shellfish then bearing false witness about it all but is still getting backed by Sean Hannity.

Celebrity attorney Gloria Allred is about to have a press conference with a new alleged accuser.

11 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

I presume he never eats prawns then because if he takes the bible seriously and believes word for word in its teachings then he should be killed.

Look, anybody who uses this argument marks themselves as someone who's never studied the most elementary basics of Christianity. It's fine to believe what you want, but you will never convince any Christian or anybody who's educated at the most basic level about Christianity to change their mind based on this line of reasoning. It's a topic that's dealt with extensively by the apostles in the New Testament. 

11 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Unless they are married then there is a lot of lines the bible that sexual contact outside marriage is sinful.

Infact, the bible actually states that marriage is "finding a buddy" to have sex with :lol:

I was referring to the "buddy" part. The idea that marriage is for people with compatible social lives is our current concept of marriage, but I don't think it's a model found in the Bible. Not that there's anything wrong with our model, but it's a product of our time and place. I'd want to shoot myself if I had to spend too much time around 20 year old women, let alone 17 year olds. I was born in the 1980s. The last vestiges of an older social model still existed in some places for people born in the 1940s. 

1 hour ago, Johnstoun said:

So Roy denies it, and it isn't behaviour he'd view as normal and the women are all liars and he's going to sue, but also it's OK to f**k kids because they do it in the bible?

The Bible doesn't say it's ok to f**k kids. There's just no prohibition of dating 16 year olds. None of the 16-18 year olds who have come forward so far say they did anything other than kiss. I was responding to the idea that he's a hypocrite for being a Christian and potentially dating late aged teenagers. There's no Christian teaching which would prevent that as long as it's legal activity.

Could I get an official left wing interpretation of what choices 16 year olds are qualified to make? Voting on whether to break up a country: Ok. Medical procedures to switch genders on their word alone: Ok. Abortion without counseling: Ok. Any type of sexual activity / experimentation with people their own age: Ok. Kissing a man who's 15 years older: HORRIFYING. Do I have this right? 

Sen. Bob Menendez's corruption jury is deadlocked and the judge has ordered them back to deliberate longer. It's interesting that numerous jurors have admitted that they heard press reports on the case. The judge interviewed each juror individually and decided not to declare a mistrial.

This corruption case involves accusations that Sen. Menendez has sex with underage prostitutes, though he's not officially charged with that crime.

11 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Could I get an official left wing interpretation of what choices 16 year olds are qualified to make? Voting on whether to break up a country: Ok. Medical procedures to switch genders on their word alone: Ok. Abortion without counseling: Ok. Any type of sexual activity / experimentation with people their own age: Ok. Kissing a man who's 15 years older: HORRIFYING. Do I have this right? 

Trying to put the onus of responsibility onto the 16 year old girl and away from the middle aged authority figure is not really going to help your argument m8.

Right. If true. The other three allegations in the Wash Post don't put Judge Moore in the best light by average societal standards, but ultimately they are irrelevant to political questions 40 years later. The 14 year old is a different story. There's no cultural context that can explain that story as just borderline weird behavior that happened decades ago. The Wash Post was trying to establish a pattern that would make the 14 year old's story more believable. I'm not sure I agree with that logic. The 14 year olds story has to stand on it's own. The election is a month away. We will see what more comes out.

Sen. Bob Menendez's corruption jury is deadlocked and the judge has ordered them back to deliberate longer. It's interesting that numerous jurors have admitted that they heard press reports on the case. The judge interviewed each juror individually and decided not to declare a mistrial.
This corruption case involves accusations that Sen. Menendez has sex with underage prostitutes, though he's not officially charged with that crime.

I'd already posted that to save you having to look around for more unrelated whataboutery. Do keep up.

Trying to put the onus of responsibility onto the 16 year old girl and away from the middle aged authority figure is not really going to help your argument m8.

Also 16YOs couldn't vote to break up the US no matter whether the left or right were in power as the voting age currently stands.

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Also 16YOs couldn't vote to break up the US no matter whether the left or right were in power as the voting as currently stands.

Thought the SNP fought to give 16 year olds the right to vote in your referendum. 

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I'd already posted that to save you having to look around for more unrelated whataboutery. Do keep up.

I have consistent opinions on the subject. It's a matter for the voters unless there is a criminal conviction or really, really solid evidence is made public for the accusations. I'm wondering why the rest of you don't. 

1 minute ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Funny you mention that, I studied theology at post grad level. Theres nothing wrong with dismantling the literalist argument by pointing out they are selective as f**k. You aren't as smart as you think you are.

I don't think I'm especially smart. I think I'm above average on certain topics. Christianity is one of them. 

The argument that Christians are being selective by ignoring dietary laws from Leviticus is complete nonsense. The application of Levitical law to Gentile Christians was dealt with very, very clearly in the New Testament. It doesn't take post grad education to understand. It's written clear enough for everybody to understand. I apologize for not realizing that you know this. 

6 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

What has Scotland got to do with an American Senator?  

The first's national team regularly gets fucked by minor nations the other just fucks minors. 

Edited off course that is allegedly and prospective senator. 

Edited by dorlomin

I have consistent opinions on the subject. It's a matter for the voters unless there is a criminal conviction or really, really solid evidence is made public for the accusations. I'm wondering why the rest of you don't. 

Couldn't get the first bit to quote about 16YOs in the Scottish referendum, but I don't know how that impacts on a thread about US politics. There's no movement in the US to lower the voting age AFAIK. Also I live in the US.