The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

https://apnews.com/5cbff69c85094bd583d763a09c794119/Hate-crimes-rose-for-2nd-year-in-a-row-in-2016,-FBI-reports?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Hate crimes rose for 2nd year in a row in 2016, FBI reports

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hate crimes rose for the second straight year in 2016, with increases in attacks motivated by bias against blacks, Jews, Muslims and LGBT people, according to FBI statistics released Monday.

I call it "The Trump Effect".

Most of the Representatives seem to be grandstanding with no attempt to find out anything, with some honourable exceptions. Both sides ask questions that they know he's not allowed to answer, either ongoing investigations or the Russia stuff that he recused himself from. Much as I despise Sessions on principle it must be hard to sit there getting shouted at for hours and supposed to be keeping detailed attention and ready with a strictly considered legal response to both sides of the House.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Most of the Representatives seem to be grandstanding with no attempt to find out anything, with some honourable exceptions. Both sides ask questions that they know he's not allowed to answer, either ongoing investigations or the Russia stuff that he recused himself from. Much as I despise Sessions on principle it must be hard to sit there getting shouted at for hours and supposed to be keeping detailed attention and ready with a strictly considered legal response to both sides of the House.

There are some odious careerists, and there are some decent folk on both sides.  I have wikipedia open so I can quickly look up the names of the senators, but most of the time I can tell by the tone of the questions.  I guess that means the Republicans aren't ready to dump Trump.

Sessions says "I can't recall" on every other question.  Compare this to Comey's testimony.  A deceptive man and an honest man.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

There are some odious careerists, and there are some decent folk on both sides.  I have wikipedia open so I can quickly look up the names of the senators, but most of the time I can tell by the tone of the questions.  I guess that means the Republicans aren't ready to dump Trump.

Sessions says "I can't recall" on every other question.  Compare this to Comey's testimony.  A deceptive man and an honest man.

The thing that gets me is the Republicans supposedly on his side who drag up unproven internet rumours about Clinton which he has to give a careful legal reply. No sympathy because the man is a c**t, but you'd expect his supporters to give him a wee rest from questioning from the Dems.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The thing that gets me is the Republicans supposedly on his side who drag up unproven internet rumours about Clinton which he has to give a careful legal reply. No sympathy because the man is a c**t, but you'd expect his supporters to give him a wee rest from questioning from the Dems.

It's the Trump doctrine. Trump has never defended his own actions.  Not once.  He just turns around and yells "URANIUM".  Attack the opposition.  Whattaboutery personified.  It's precisely what Trump does, and what they know Trump wants them to do.  He doesn't give a shit if Sessions looks like a moron, or even if he goes to jail.  It's the old All The President's Men quote... "these are not very bright guys."  

Edited by Savage Henry

Hannity is now distancing himself from Roy Moore and says that Moore should provide evidence that he didn’t do touch weans or drop out the Senate race.

Am I being too cynical by thinking Hannity’s about turn is far more to do with losing sponsorship money than anything to do with Moore being a beast?

Two strange things on the newest Roy Moore accuser. People are wondering why he signed "Merry Christmas" on her yearbook. Yearbooks come out at the end of the school year just before summer. 

Also, someone claiming to be her step son says he suspects she's lying. Here's the video. Who knows if it's real or what's going on in that family.

Here's Roy Moore and his wife last night after the new allegation.

7 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Rush Limbaugh had an interesting question. Mr. Moore's latest accuser says he locked her in the car. When did cars start to have the ability for the driver to lock every door? Wiki says the 80s. What type of care did Mr. Moore drive in the 1970s?

The 80s was keyless fobs for locking and unlocking doors, the ability to push a button in a car (Central Locking) and lock the doors is almost as old as cars, 1914 according to this WIKI bit,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_door_locks