The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Five thirty-eight used to be my go to bit since it's been bought over by ABC it doesn't seem to have as much detail or analysis. The stuff it does have is on a podcast and I'm not wanting to spend ~45 minutes listening to stuff where previously I could have a wee look at their graphs and analysis in my own time.

Agree on the decline since ABC took over, but their ratings methodology is still good, give its based upon results accuracy from previous elections. I expect this will slowly drift too, until someone else figures there’s an opportunity to relaunch a new and better verion.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fined again for contempt and threatened with jail if it happens again.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Trump probably calculates it would gee up his base if he gets put in jail, and he'd have it easy with secret service protection. Anyone else would already be banged up, I can understand the judge's reluctance.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Trump probably calculates it would gee up his base if he gets put in jail, and he'd have it easy with secret service protection. Anyone else would already be banged up, I can understand the judge's reluctance.

It might well gee up his base but I still think he’d find it uncomfortable.  I agree that the judge will be reluctant but he has raised it without the prosecution calling for it.  If he does it I hope he tells Trump that he will remain in jail until he purges his contempt.

Ten breaches so far and if he does it again, the judge might start to think about discussing the possibility of jail  :lol:

The most hard-done-by American of all time is doing an excellent job of demonstrating how the justice system bends over backwards for even the most difficult of the wealthy.

Don't know what rules the judge is going by, but if he raised the fines for breaches of the gag order to a golf course per pop he'd shut up sharpish. I really think he's trying to get jailed. 

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't know what rules the judge is going by, but if he raised the fines for breaches of the gag order to a golf course per pop he'd shut up sharpish. I really think he's trying to get jailed. 

He certainly doesn't give a f**k about it happening, so he's quite rightfully confident that the consequences won't inconvenience him in any meaningful way.

I'm wondering if they've come to an agreement that he'll be confined to barracks with his phone removed; the logistics of tossing him in Rikers like a normal person would be unacceptable for everyone (except us).

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

He certainly doesn't give a f**k about it happening, so he's quite rightfully confident that the consequences won't inconvenience him in any meaningful way.

I'm wondering if they've come to an agreement that he'll be confined to barracks with his phone removed; the logistics of tossing him in Rikers like a normal person would be unacceptable for everyone (except us).

You're probably right, a military base with his own burger chef in case of poisoning. Either that or house arrest in Trump Tower. 

Stormy Daniel now giving evidence. Hopefully Trump will have to get his cock out so the jury can decide whether its more like a mushroom or a toadstool.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Stormy Daniel now giving evidence. Hopefully Trump will have to get his cock out so the jury can decide whether its more like a mushroom or a toadstool.

IMG_4019.gif

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Leave the man with his dignity and just let her work with an ID parade.

1969848.jpeg

toadstool_286183070.jpg

Posted (edited)

After crying to Judge Merchan about missing his son’s high school graduation, and Merchan agreeing to let him go, it appears Trumpy’s sacking it off to go to a GOP dinner in Minnesota instead. I’m sure Barron’s likely relieved. 

Edited by carpetmonster

Reporting on a meeting at Mar-a-Lago with 20 or so top oil executives. Trump said to have promised a rollback of all Biden’s environmental actions and no new environmental actions. In exchange, Trump requested $1 Billion in campaign donations. A second report that oil companies are writing Executive Orders to hand to the Trump Administration because they are concerned a second Trump Administration would lack individuals capable of doing such a mundane task.

Posted (edited)

He's absolutely fucking raging but I'll be amazed if he's got the balls to do any talking inside the room - far easier to lie your arse off outside. 

Screenshot_20240510-091521.png

Edited by HTG

3 minutes ago, HTG said:

He's absolutely fucking raging but I'll be amazed if he's got the balls to do and talking inside the room - far easier to lie your arse off outside. 

Screenshot_20240510-091521.png

I know the gag order does not cover the judge, but repeatedly calling a judge “corrupt” without evidence is surely defamatory and actionable.

Using the term “conflicted” is one thing and is probably protected, but the term “corrupt” is totally different.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I know the gag order does not cover the judge, but repeatedly calling a judge “corrupt” without evidence is surely defamatory and actionable.

Using the term “conflicted” is one thing and is probably protected, but the term “corrupt” is totally different.

Not a hope. Murphy vs Boston Herald sets the bar for such claims so high as to render it moot here. He can easily say it’s campaign rhetoric and doesn’t meet the standard.

Now, the intelligence of repeatedly insulting the final decider of a sentence if you”re found guilty, that’s another matter.