The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Trump saying that he hasn't decided whether or not he's decided to pardon Flynn yet. If that isn't obstruction of justice or influencing a material witness, what the f**k is?

Do you not have to be found guilty of something before you can be pardoned?
Seems Trump has already made his mind up with Flynn.

10 hours ago, mjw said:

Do you not have to be found guilty of something before you can be pardoned?
Seems Trump has already made his mind up with Flynn.

Trump's Tweeting on Russia is basically a constant stream of confessions.  He's almost doing Mueller's job for him.  

Mind you, Trump has already interfered overtly in the investigation by firing Comey.   He's quite happy to obstruct justice.

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Trump's Tweeting on Russia is basically a constant stream of confessions.  He's almost doing Mueller's job for him.  

Mind you, Trump has already interfered overtly in the investigation by firing Comey.   He's quite happy to obstruct justice.

I thought that there would be a point where the Republican establishment would draw a line in the sand concerning Trump’s behaviour.

Previously I would have thought sacking Mueller or pardoning Flynn would be that line.

Now I’m not so sure.

It's liberals that are concerned with proper conduct while conservatives viciously dismantle the welfare state and make everyone's lives more miserable. Dems should stop pretending life is like the West Wing, start fighting dirty and treat every Republican as the ideological enemy that they're supposed to be.

I thought that there would be a point where the Republican establishment would draw a line in the sand concerning Trump’s behaviour.
Previously I would have thought sacking Mueller or pardoning Flynn would be that line.
Now I’m not so sure.

Part of me hopes he does fire Mueller. Then I look at some of the Republican halfwit senators and I fear they’d let it slide.

It’d destroy the Republican Party if he does, though. But that may be his intention.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It's liberals that are concerned with proper conduct while conservatives viciously dismantle the welfare state and make everyone's lives more miserable. Dems should stop pretending life is like the West Wing, start fighting dirty and treat every Republican as the ideological enemy that they're supposed to be.

Easy meat with the tax bill and ripping apart healthcare, silly c***s are getting distracted by every Trump tweet.

Easy meat with the tax bill and ripping apart healthcare, silly c***s are getting distracted by every Trump tweet.

I’m inclined to ignore his Tweets - were it not for the fact that the White House regards them as official communiques.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m inclined to ignore his Tweets - were it not for the fact that the White House regards them as official communiques.

They're pretty addictive just to see the latest early morning cable news triggered tantrum. The Democrats have enough solid information on what the Republicans are doing to destroy them in 2018 but are either too busy reliving 2016, distracted by the Trump soap opera or being ignored by the media.

Edited by welshbairn

Here’s a festive thought.

Now that Trump looks like he’s going to deliver a tax cut for the rich by the end of 2017, what’s  the chance of the Republican establishment finding a mechanism to replace him with Pence early in the new year?

Here’s a festive thought.
Now that Trump looks like he’s going to deliver a tax cut for the rich by the end of 2017, what’s  the chance of the Republican establishment finding a mechanism to replace him with Pence early in the new year?

I dunno. Old white folks will always vote R. Are they enough in number anymore? Or do they need the folks that Trump brought to the ballot box who'd previously eschewed it entirely on the basis that they couldn't work out which end of the crayon to write with? And is Pence gonna still be an option or is Mike Flynn currently giving Bob Mueller a 10kg tub of Vaseline? Oh mother.

47 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It wasn't so much who Trump brought to the ballot box but the fact that so many people didn't turn out for Clinton. The Dems will steamroller 2020 if they don't Dons it and put up a minter candidate again.

Mixed signals for me.  Some Dems recognise the need for the best candidate, others (the Democratic establishment) unwilling to concede ground.

Mixed signals for me.  Some Dems recognise the need for the best candidate, others (the Democratic establishment) unwilling to concede ground.

Liberals hate leftists more than they hate the right and it's apparent that many in the US would rather indulge "soft" Republicans over pursuing revolutionary healthcare reform.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Liberals hate leftists more than they hate the right and it's apparent that many in the US would rather indulge "soft" Republicans over pursuing revolutionary healthcare reform.

Accepted norms are going out of the window in the US. Time for a full blown pitch for universal healthcare.

The tax legislation is no doubt a win for Trump and will be portrayed as such across the US media.  Many folk, however, will also pay attention to the underlying impact and the benefits to the mega wealthy.

Just a few years back it would have been inconceivable for Conservative Republicans to vote to increase the national debt by potentially trillions of dollars, but personal greed and short-to-medium term corporate gain seems to have won the day.

Apparently one of the GOP Senators holding out against voting suddenly changed his mind when a provision that benefited real estate holdings, that had not appeared in the Senate or Congress drafts, suddenly appeared in the final version.  The fact that said Senator will benefit significantly from this provision is, of course, purely coincidental.

Drain the swamp, eh?  :thumsup2

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just a few years back it would have been inconceivable for Conservative Republicans to vote to increase the national debt by potentially trillions of dollars

Reagan and Bush 42 both run large deficits in growing economies. Bush 42 capped it off with the bank bailout and rescue packages that Obama continued and tapered back as growth returned. 

Republicans are only deficit hawks when there is a Dem in the Whitehouse. 

46 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

As the republicans seem to have decided to f**k balancing the books to get a tax cut pushed through, is the next step to pivot back to healthcare and claim we now need to slash spending as we need to balance the books?

Sort of.

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/20/paul-ryan-got-a-big-win-with-a-massively-unpopular-bill-now-it-gets-worse/