The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

I strongly support a two state solution and Israel's right to exist but how anyone can look at the Israeli government's actions this week and react with anything other than disgust and condemnation is beyond me. This was a provocative move by Trump in a country with a government happy to revel in the provocation and respond to the results of the provocation in the most brutal way. I understand that Israel needs to prevent the border from being breached and Hamas are doing this to provoke their own response from Israel but this does not come close to justifying the slaughter of so many Palestinians by the Israeli government. Watching people trying to justify Israel's actions because their political stance apparently necessitates it is making my skin crawl.

IMG_20180515_231832.thumb.jpg.6084dc4be43038972688cec277a7740e.jpg
I for one think the Israeli response is totally justified when faced with the disgusting war crimes of er, flying kites and tying a rope to a fence.

Those crafty civilians intentionally disabling themselves to trick the IDF.

IMG_20180515_231832.thumb.jpg.6084dc4be43038972688cec277a7740e.jpg
I for one think the Israeli response is totally justified when faced with the disgusting war crimes of er, flying kites and tying a rope to a fence.

If the Israelis don't want to deal with disabled civilians, maybe they should stop trying to make so many of them.

9 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I strongly support a two state solution and Israel's right to exist but how anyone can look at the Israeli government's actions this week and react with anything other than disgust and condemnation is beyond me. This was a provocative move by Trump in a country with a government happy to revel in the provocation and respond to the results of the provocation in the most brutal way. I understand that Israel needs to prevent the border from being breached and Hamas are doing this to provoke their own response from Israel but this does not come close to justifying the slaughter of so many Palestinians by the Israeli government. Watching people trying to justify Israel's actions because their political stance apparently necessitates it is making my skin crawl.

Whilst many Israelis support a two state solution and abhor what is happening, the Israeli government does not and has not for many, many years.  

They claim to support it; they pay lip service to the concept in order to try to appear reasonable, but their real intentions are determined by their action rather than their words. 

As with the black population of South Africa under apartheid, direct action is the only option open to Palestinians and they will be labelled as terrorists just as the ANC was.  But if you remove democratic political action as a tool there is nothing left.

Whilst the world eventually applied pressure to the Apartheid regime there is no indication that this will happen in Israel, indeed individuals and companies who encourage and promote boycotts are often under attack themselves.  Whilst the UN has tried to condemn the actions of the Israeli government they are continually stymied by successive US regimes.  Individual countries have done little to support the Palestinian cause.

It is ironic that countries such as Iran and North Korea are condemned for breaches of nuclear non-proliferation treaties whilst Israel’s development of nuclear weapons have been ignored; it is never even mentioned by our own government.

So long as pro-Zionists such as May wield control and there is more coverage of exagerated anti-Semitism campaigns by Labour MPs who support this oppression then nothing will change.

There are many brutal regimes in the world and there are many people who are as oppressed as the Palestinians and live in equally bad conditions, but there is no greater example of such oppression being actively supported by Western countries’ inaction and, in the case of the US, active support.

10 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/senior-hamas-figure-admits-majority-of-gaza-border-deaths-were-terror-group-members-1.464210

50 of those killed were apparently members of Hamas, not innocent protestors as it first appeared. This certainly doesn't absolve the Israeli decision but does give context to the situation.

I might believe that when I see a more neutral source. The only ones I've found are Israeli or the likes of Breitbart.

24 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/senior-hamas-figure-admits-majority-of-gaza-border-deaths-were-terror-group-members-1.464210

50 of those killed were apparently members of Hamas, not innocent protestors as it first appeared. This certainly doesn't absolve the Israeli decision but does give context to the situation.

You want to buy a bridge?

See if they were engaged in some kind of terrorist activity i’d say too bad, but they were fucking protesting an illegal occupation. 0 israeli soldiers have been injured recently, 0, israels own figures. They have rubber bullets, water cannons and lots of less lethal options open to them against people armed with stones.
Israel is a terrorist state, committing atrocities against the Palestinian people.

59 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

...and over a 1000 shot, including journalists and doctors who were clearly marked.

The Palestinians as an occupied people have a legal right to use violence to free themselves, not that you'll ever hear the MSM say that, but what you will hear is that Israel has a right to protect its borders...except Israel won't tell anyone where there borders are.

I just wish our government would boycott that vile Apartheid state, but with over 80% of Tories in the Friends of Israel gang what chance that.

...and over a 1000 shot, including journalists and doctors who were clearly marked.
The Palestinians as an occupied people have a legal right to use violence to free themselves, not that you'll ever hear the MSM say that, but what you will hear is that Israel has a right to protect its borders...except Israel won't tell anyone where there borders are.
I just wish our government would boycott that vile Apartheid state, but with over 80% of Tories in the Friends of Israel gang what chance that.

Real friends tell friends when they’re being utter dicks