The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Could ye show me where I support Trump?
Hopefully I'm supporting the fact that a guy (we'll call him Mr X) won a recent Presidential election in the US.
He was then inaugurated as POTUS and is still POTUS.
Whether you or anybody else agrees with that is irrelevant.
Because there is eff-all any of us can do about it.

I'll have you know I've just delivered a devastating quote tweet of Donald Trump's latest tweet and am fully expecting him to tender his resignation any minute now.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If only they were. All this social media goes over my head, quite frankly, I don't have twitter or facebook or anything like that, and I have a bog standard mobile - sends calls, receives calls, sends messages, receives messages, end of story.

I'm not on them either but you see links to daft quotes on them all the time on here to try to prove that only loons are against Trump.

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If only they were. All this social media goes over my head, quite frankly, I don't have twitter or facebook or anything like that, and I have a bog standard mobile - sends calls, receives calls, sends messages, receives messages, end of story.

snap :thumsup2

11 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

At least wee willie has a mind of his own and posts his own opinions instead of just regurgitation the party line.

Am I allowed tae take a compliment from you :wub:
Thanks anyway but I suspect most on here do speak their mind.
If they do regurgitate the party line (whatever party I hasten tae add) it's probably because they agree with the line taken.

It's not exactly a surprise that the majority of (mostly) younger Scots in here disagree with the worldview of a 70 year old American conservative billionaire, but I'm very much in the 'wait and see' camp when it comes to what he will actually implement and achieve in office. 

His inauguration speech was surprisingly close to his anti-establishment campaign rhetoric, which I thought he'd scaled back since the election. If a Bernie Sanders or Jeremy Corbyn type had been proclaiming such an anti-globalist agenda on such a stage I wonder if the reaction would have been different.

51 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

It's not exactly a surprise that the majority of (mostly) younger Scots in here disagree with the worldview of a 70 year old American conservative billionaire, but I'm very much in the 'wait and see' camp when it comes to what he will actually implement and achieve in office. 

His inauguration speech was surprisingly close to his anti-establishment campaign rhetoric, which I thought he'd scaled back since the election. If a Bernie Sanders or Jeremy Corbyn type had been proclaiming such an anti-globalist agenda on such a stage I wonder if the reaction would have been different.

An excellent post.
The watchword is 'wait and see'
Perhaps the world will be correct in its appraisal of President Trump but then again wha kens

54 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

My overriding thought during the speech was "he's really not backing down". He's up there on the stage ripping into politics while surrounded by politicians he's just been shaking hands with, no quarter given.

Much of his speech is the kind of classic populist rhetoric that as you say you could hear someone like Sanders and Corbyn saying, and some of it personality cult leader Obama.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38663043

Interesting little summary of some key issues.  A record 75 months of jobs growth up to last month under Obama.

http://conexus.cberdata.org/files/MfgReality.pdf

Table 4 on page 6 showing the main reason for job losses in manufacturing.  Maybe we will see Trump introducing neo-Luddism to accompany his protectionism.

I went to the protest on Regent Street in Edinburgh. Not because I want to undermine democracy or somehow change the result, but to make a statement that I don't accept the world view that Trump espouses and to show solidarity with women.

9 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I don't get quite why there was so much protest in this country given we have our own mess, caused by our own shite government. I seen a list of protests in Scotland alone and I was baffled by it.

If only there was something closer to home to focus their energy on.

So they'll look good on Facebook.

52 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I went to the protest on Regent Street in Edinburgh. Not because I want to undermine democracy or somehow change the result, but to make a statement that I don't accept the world view that Trump espouses and to show solidarity with women.

At least you were allowed to protest. If Clinton had got in you would be too busy studying your call up papers.