Tartan Army Shame Scotland Yet Again

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Booing another country's national anthem is very English behaviour and is therefore to be avoided.

Unless its "God Save the Queen" which England shouldnt be using in the first place.

662801[/snapback]

It should also be noted that there were a lot of applause at the end of it

Booing the national anthem of Italy.

Its an utter disgrace, shaming our Nation - with there Nationalistic and Racist behaviour.

Shame on you!

662794[/snapback]

Olaf you twat, come and see the game instead of making stupid sweeping statements from your fat arsed armchair. There were a few boos at the start but the utterly vast majority of people were looking in disgust at the booing and made a point of cheering at the end of it to make the point.

If you are going to try and be reactionary with your comments, Olaf, try actually being there instead of relying on the television account you part timer!

:angry::angry::angry:

I don't need to be there.

Scotland fans were booing the Italian National anthem, did SKY dub the booing????

What Bollocks, It'll be a cold day in hell when I go to a Scotland Game.

Supporting a team because my parents shagged here! Not me.

International fitba sucks!

International fitba sucks!

Aye, and your opinion matches it! :P

No, to be fair, I was overly harsh. I didn't mean to be personal, I am just back and perhaps still a little emotional and perhaps a touch tipsy, so sorry for that.

:shutup

However you *did* need to be there, we all know that the television is good but only picks up where ther mics are, and I am not going to deny there was some booing to at the start but when the drunks realised just what they were doing - along with lots of shouts from the vast, and I do mean vast majority of people telling them not to. I don't know what it sounded like on the telly but in respect that means the telly people didn't hear a proper reflection from within the ground.

So 1) apologies for being insulting to you in my first post, but 2) I still don't agree with your opinions on it.

A tiny minority of Scotland fans made some noise at the start of the Italian anthem but were soon stopped by the rest of the TA. In fact the Italians fans ended up singing over their own anthem :lol:

Poor atempt at a wind up by Scottish cringe british nationalist Olaf.

Sad to see 1 club flag at the game today breaking the unofficial no club colours rule, why bring a Falkirk flag to a Scotland v. Italy game :rolleyes: ?

Guest Madferrit
Wouldve been better for everybody else on this forum if they hadnt bothered at all.

663319[/snapback]

?Don't bame his dad. It was me!!! Bunged his maw twenty quid to get shot of and the boot pocketed it....

Was listening to it on Radio 5, Clive Tyldesley slated the welsh fans and said it was a disgrace, to which Terry Butcher (co-commentator) added - well to be fair the English players paid the welsh anthem no respect by kicking the ball about and talking to each other...

662956[/snapback]

It was Alan Green who said it, not Tyldesley and he actually said something along the lines of that it was something he would expect from Glasgow and not Cardiff

Green is the only passionate Englishman I know with an accent like that!!

He slated Scotland for booing the anthem in first leg of the England play off game in 2000 and was less vociferous when the same was done by the English

Green is an idiot and should be held in the same regard as Jimmy Hill

However you *did* need to be there, we all know that the television is good but only picks up where ther mics are, and I am not going to deny there was some booing to at the start but when the drunks realised just what they were doing - along with lots of shouts from the vast, and I do mean vast majority of people telling them not to. I don't know what it sounded like on the telly but in respect that means the telly people didn't hear a proper reflection from within the ground.

663308[/snapback]

Sorry ricster, but I'd say the booing went on throughout the anthem (maybe depends where you were sitting as to how it sounded). Although there were certainly a majority of fans either shouting down the boos, or looking around in embarassment or bemusement.

Not sure if it was in some "response" to our anthem being booed in Milan, but hopefully it won't happen again.

God Save The Queen is slightly different because, in my maybe naive view, people boo because England shouldn't be singing it as it's the national anthem of Britain. They should sing Jerusalem or something.

663021[/snapback]

It was Scotland's (and Wales') decision to abandon GTSQ. Why do England (and NI) have to change? :blink:

It was Alan Green who said it, not Tyldesley and he actually said something along the lines of that it was something he would expect from Glasgow and not Cardiff

Green is the only passionate Englishman I know with an accent like that!!

He slated Scotland for booing the anthem in first leg of the England play off game in 2000 and was less vociferous when the same was done by the English

Green is an idiot and should be held in the same regard as Jimmy Hill

663359[/snapback]

Yeh you're right, it was Green.

so did Ferguson Alexander and Hartley , they didnt bother singing the national anthem ! fucking disgrace , if you dont sing you shouldnt play imo  <_<

btw alexander is a joke , as is Kenny Miller and Paul Hartley . If thats the best we can get for they 3 positions we are fucked big style  :(

662797[/snapback]

kenny miller was brilliant, up against nesta. hartley tracked back superbly on zambrotta, one of italys truly world-class players.

alexander... yeah, he is shit!

Why not?

Maybe the guy doesn't subscribe to your 'rules'.

663356[/snapback]

Were Falkirk playing? Its daft taking a club flag, if people really want to show off where theyre from then get a Scotland flag with falkirk or whatever written on it.

Were Falkirk playing? Its daft taking a club flag, if people really want to show off where theyre from then get a Scotland flag with falkirk or whatever written on it.

663456[/snapback]

I actually agree. You're there to support Scotland.

No place for club flags at an international match.

Only my opinion though.

Archived