Tartan Army Shame Scotland Yet Again

Were Falkirk playing? Its daft taking a club flag, if people really want to show off where theyre from then get a Scotland flag with falkirk or whatever written on it.

663456[/snapback]

I saw a couple of Morton tops (the tartan ones) and a wee guy with a Celtic away top. Also spotted a Barcelona strip. There's usually one or two club tops, I'm not that bothered about it but am never sure why people choose to wear them to Scotland games....

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blues_in_f

I think this stuff about booing is being taken way out of context. I was sitting right near the Italians and could see that both sets of supporters were antoganising each other and letting there feelings known throughout the match. Which is fair enough... HOWEVER, (and you probably won't have seen this at home on the tv) AFTER THE MATCH WAS FINISHED, THERE WAS A SPONTAEOUS ROUND OF APPLAUSE FROM BOTH SETS OF SUPPORTERS TOWARDS EACH OTHER. I thought that showed so much respect (and so much more than being quiet for their national anthem could have been. I've never seen anything like this before and felt so proud to be a Scottish fan because I knew you'd never see an English crowd do the same.

I was at the game and heard no booing at all.

Although that might be because I was pished :D

Or it might be because I only made it into the stadium with 2 mins already played :D

Great day out as usual - the atmosphere at Hampden is excellent and at last we have a battling side that plays the Scottish way :)

Because, IMO, none of the home nations should be singing our national anthem when they are representing themselves rather than Great Britain.

At the Commonwealth Games for example, GSTQ isn't played when England, Scotland, Wales win a medal.

I like GSTQ but it should be sung in the right context.

663486[/snapback]

The FA have stated that when England play they see themselves as representatives of the UK. Not a universally popular decision, but one that is hard to argue against. Although, my own opinion is that there is nothing out there that could even approach being an English anthem: Jerusalem has an overtly religious aspect; Land of Hope and Glory is tainted with Empire (as well as being a 'Tory' song). I can't think of anything else that would even be in the running.

I loathe GTSQ even in the right context :)

The FA have stated that when England play they see themselves as representatives of the UK. Not a universally popular decision, but one that is hard to argue against. Although, my own opinion is that there is nothing out there that could even approach being an English anthem: Jerusalem has an overtly religious aspect; Land of Hope and Glory is tainted with Empire (as well as being a 'Tory' song). I can't think of anything else that would even be in the running.

I loathe GTSQ even in the right context  :)

663490[/snapback]

To be fair we would probably boo the english national anthem no matter what it was. But england shouldnt play GSTQ as they are not representing the uk, they are representing themselves. And i hate GTSQ in any context aswell.

Apart from england matches this is the most booing I've ever heard of another Nation's Anthem, which is a fucking disgrace as it's quite a catchy tune. From the Lower South stand the booing seemed to be coming from the East Stand, was this where the Morrisons Part timers were?

Apart from england matches this is the most booing I've ever heard of another Nation's Anthem, which is a fucking disgrace as it's quite a catchy tune.  From the Lower South stand the booing seemed to be coming from the East Stand, was this where the Morrisons Part timers were?

663556[/snapback]

There was some booing from the north stand (much more than usual) but it did seem to be quite loud from other parts of the stadium, especially the east.

I don't agree with booing other coutries anthems but from a few folk I spoke to it was all because of the way the Italians hiss jeered thorugh Flower Of Scotland in March

663514[/snapback]

Correct,was over in Meelan and they jeered our national anthem...However,2 wrongs don`t make a right.

Correct,was over in Meelan and they jeered our national anthem...However,2 wrongs don`t make a right.

663579[/snapback]

Bart: Somebody ought to ruin Gabbo's career the way he ruined Krusty's.

Lisa: Two wrongs don't make a right, Bart.

Bart: Yes they do.

Lisa: No they don't.

Bart: Yes they do!

Lisa: No they don't!

Bart: Yes they do!!

Lisa: Daaaad!

Homer: Two wrongs make a right, Lisa.

Homer knows best! :P;)

citat-av-homer-simpson.jpg

Guest Follow Follow

While i disagree with booing another teams anthem, did they not boo ours in the San Siro

Also, did anyone else notice the scum at the front of there end Nazi saluting

Apart from england matches this is the most booing I've ever heard of another Nation's Anthem, which is a fucking disgrace as it's quite a catchy tune.  From the Lower South stand the booing seemed to be coming from the East Stand, was this where the Morrisons Part timers were?

663556[/snapback]

Agreed. I thought the most booing seemed to be coming from the West Stand but there was a fair amoung around me in the North Stand. There were also a fair few comments from guys who were obviously at the away game. Did the Italian crowd boo FoS ?

The applause at the end was louder than the booing.

Olaf you twat, come and see the game instead of making stupid sweeping statements from your fat arsed armchair. There were a few boos at the start but the utterly vast majority of people were looking in disgust at the booing and made a point of cheering at the end of it to make the point.

If you are going to try and be reactionary with your comments, Olaf, try actually being there instead of relying on the television account you part timer!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

663290[/snapback]

well said! i was there, i must admit i didnt boo though, but there was a large round of applause at the end of there national anthem from a majority of tartan army

f**k the italians we can boo there national anthem if we want its not embarrising.

663603[/snapback]

It IS embarrasing, the opposing teams anthem should ALWAYS be respected*. If they couldnt respect our anthem in the return fixture thats their problem, no need to lower ourselves to their level because of that.

*The only time i would go against the above is gstq which i regard as as insult to my nation. If England was to choose another more acceptable anthem I would happily stand in silence and respect it.

Booing the national anthem of Italy.

Its an utter disgrace, shaming our Nation - with there Nationalistic and Racist behaviour.

Shame on you!

Wasn't in the ground at that point, had I been I'd have gladly booed. Ram it up your arse sideways Olaf you ponce of the prawn sandwich variety. You're the reason Falkirk need a bloody singing section no doubt!

*The only time i would go against the above is gstq which i regard as as insult to my nation. If England was to choose another more acceptable anthem I would happily stand in silence and respect it.

663859[/snapback]

You've got it wrong here, Waspie. It's supposed to be the 'oppressor' nation telling the 'oppressed' one how to behave :P

Archived