Beith Bumpkins v Greenock Galacticos - Scottish Cup, 26th November 2016

vikingTON

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The juniors should just realise that the only reason they exist is to be a dumping ground for players who can't cut it in the proper leagues

Aye okay......I can't believe you keep trying to take the pish out the Juniors when your record against them is abysmal. Just do one until you can beat a Junior team. Both Beith and Bonnyrigg would beat Arbroath easily at the moment.

0cd3d76388c308497a64a8c5b4bf9684.jpg

3 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Aye okay......I can't believe you keep trying to take the pish out the Juniors when your record against them is abysmal. Just do one until you can beat a Junior team. Both Beith and Bonnyrigg would beat Arbroath easily at the moment.

Arbroath beat Bo'ness 5-0 away 2yrs ago.

Also a large number of the great Scottish players such as Dalglish started in Juniors and worked their way up. Now it's development league shite in last 20 years and no wonder we can't qualify for tournaments when players not tested until get into first team.

3 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Tartantony constantly talks shite so I won't be listening to a thing he has to say.

Haha aye I'm going to make up a random story about playing poker in the Eglinton Inn in Beith. I'm sure the regulars in the pub will confirm that it is a LPPL venue and has hosted Area Finals before. It may well be a decent pub but my one experience was as described above.

Worth noting I'll be more than willing to give credit should they get a result. Because even if we don't play to our best, Beith will have to be fucking great.

I'm told I'm being arrogant but it's realism. A good result for Beith WOULD be kinda funny from the backlash standpoint. If it happens I'll probably offer my congratulations and then slink into the background and watch it unfold.

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Worth noting I'll be more than willing to give credit should they get a result. Because even if we don't play to our best, Beith will have to be fucking great.

I'm told I'm being arrogant but it's realism. A good result for Beith WOULD be kinda funny from the backlash standpoint. If it happens I'll probably offer my congratulations and then slink into the background and watch it unfold.

^^^Bottling it already after all your arrogance before :thumsup2

Mon the Beith

5 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

We should be humping this shite and believe we will. This hasn't changed.

To be honest you should be humping us considering the gap in leagues , that said all the pressure is on morton though and we will just go out and enjoy the occasion and experience . 

If morton win convincingly its only to be expected , anything else then morton will be heavily scrutinised in the aftermath. 

18 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

Apparently, the game kicks off at 15:15 (16:15 Spanish time) because it maximises the game’s exposure across the world.

However, that comes at a cost to UK fans – and it is kind of Burnley’s fault.

Back in the 1960s Burnley chairman Bob Lord successfully persuaded fellow owners and the FA that it would be to their financial detriment if games were televised live on Saturday afternoons, as it would have a negative impact on attendances.

Legislation was passed which then became part of the 1996 Broadcasting Act which outlaws live televised football between 14:45 and 17:15 on Saturdays.

All hail Bob Lord!  Aye, a cost to those that sit on the erses and live their lives through watching TV and don't actually attend matches, but not to football itself.

I think Barca and Real have quite enough exposure and all the cash that goes with it that they need.

Just to screw them up, the Beith v Ton game should be beamed live to Spain to divert the viewing audience away from Ele Classico to El Rollerball-o.

12 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

If morton win convincingly its only to be expected , anything else then morton will be heavily scrutinised in the aftermath. 

Yes it's a hiding to nothing. Only thing important is to get to the next round. 

15 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Yes it's a hiding to nothing. Only thing important is to get to the next round. 

Different levels I know but we had the same dilemma in the last round of the Scottish cup that we hold when we played islavale at home , we won 9-0 which was expected but it was one of them hiding to nothing ones as you say . 

Obviously hoping that the gap between beith and morton isn't as big as the gap between beith and islavale of course :) 

Archived